Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Anyone ride a terra 650?  (Read 4844 times)

Offline WP

Re: Anyone ride a terra 650?
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2013, 10:29:00 am »
Open a Bongo account. 

www.bongous.com

You use their warehouse address when you order stuff, it gets sent there then they ship it to you.

A few issues though.

1)If the parcel is sent to them via US Postal Service the US gov then requires you to prove your ID, this can be a challenge (they didnt like my SA ID because that didnt expire. They accepted my passport but then needed some other doc as well, they didnt like my drivers licence because that didnt have me name spelt in full, they didnt like my council bill because that had the same problem, it turned out none of my other documents had my name spelt out in full............... ::)::) :P :-\, went on for a while until I said they should just keep the bloody part it wasn't worth the hassle, then they made a MASSIVE concession - Americans have no sense of humour that's for sure!)

2) They ship via Fedex and claim very good rates but its still quite pricey shipping via Fedex to SA.  But they are fast and efficient.

Thanks this will definitely come in handy in future.

But after thinking about it, I have the means and skills to make my own crashbars and seeing as parts like these will be difficult to source in SA maybe I should make a couple and then the guys can just get it from me.

Offline ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2013, 11:15:26 am »
WP what kind of fuel consumption are you getting on the Terra?
Kilos per tank?
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline WP

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2013, 01:12:51 pm »
I haven't checked too much on km per tank. But for weekly commuting in town, no highways and weekends two up lekker rondjaag I am averaging in the region of 20-24km/l. So realistically about 270 - 300km's per tank. Depending on your hand. But I ride mine reasonabally and don't nanny it.

Please keep in mind that it is still breaking in and I reckon one can improve on that figure. I only have about 2500km's on at this stage.

Offline WP

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2013, 01:14:16 pm »
Oh, I forgot to mention the ABS... It works beautifully! Really alot better than the abs on my 990. Also very nice and easy to switch on and off. Would have liked to be able to switch it off on the go, but to me that is a minor.

Offline Straatkat

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2013, 03:57:42 pm »
Wow 24km/l, 300km per tank...and ABS.....I am starting to like it more and more! Lots of boxes are getting ticked.
18 till I die.
If hard work pays, show me rich donkey.

Offline ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2013, 04:41:03 pm »
That is about the same I got from my Dakar. :deal:
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline Straatkat

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2013, 10:26:21 pm »
My 610 gives me around 18km/l, if I take it really easy (not possible!) I might get 19-20. Only 210km on a 12l tank. Real value for money!
The tank on the Terra must be the best looking  on any bike! reel pretty.
18 till I die.

Offline sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • President T7 fanclub
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2013, 01:26:53 pm »
My 610 gives me around 18km/l, if I take it really easy (not possible!) I might get 19-20. Only 210km on a 12l tank. Real value for money!
?? I get between 20 - 24km/l on my carbed 610
Little by little, one travels far

J.R.R Tolkien
Ride reports :
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=134175.0 Penge's pass and the Old Forest http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=9421.0 - Orange Atlantic adventure http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=7514.0 - 805 km day trip http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=20260.0 - East Cape Bash http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=70199.0 - Two KTM thumpers head north

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2013, 02:40:28 pm »
?? I get between 20 - 24km/l on my carbed 610

Yep same on my efi model -- between 20 and 24kmpl ---

Best was 305 0n a 12 liter tank
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline Straatkat

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2013, 07:12:40 pm »
Jeez, what fuel are you using?
The stuff I put in must be cut with water or something!
18 till I die.

Offline WP

« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2013, 07:49:53 am »
Ok just to update on the good and the bad...

Took the bike out on the weekend with a pillion on some gravel roads past Nkwe and through to Cullinan.

The rear "fender/numberplateholder" broke off on the one side. I am going to discuss this with the dealer and see what they say.

But it was a dream on the ride!

Online BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2013, 08:13:31 am »
Did it bottom out and break it or vibration? ie user abuse or defect?  ::)
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701R  Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  Yamaha YZ250X BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

:ricky:

Offline WP

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2013, 08:38:41 am »
I believe it is vibration because I was doing gravel highway type of roads. Also didn't feel it bottom out. Furthermore the part that broke and the place where it broke there is no way any part of the wheel could have touched it.So I believe it must have been caused by vibration.

Online BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2013, 08:51:14 am »
I believe it is vibration because I was doing gravel highway type of roads. Also didn't feel it bottom out. Furthermore the part that broke and the place where it broke there is no way any part of the wheel could have touched it.So I believe it must have been caused by vibration.

Then they must replace under warranty IMO.
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701R  Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  Yamaha YZ250X BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

Offline WP

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2013, 09:59:24 am »
I hope so, but will have to hear what they say, but even if they do replace hopefully one can get a stronger or better part which won't break again.

Online BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2013, 10:21:53 am »
I lost at least two or three number plates on my Husky - eventually made a kaniedood tailtidy unit with a small light plate ... not exactly legal but saves me hassles. These class of bikes are notorious for wrecking rear carrier subframes and fenders through vibration.

Offline WP

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2013, 10:23:25 am »
I lost at least two or three number plates on my Husky - eventually made a kaniedood tailtidy unit with a small light plate ... not exactly legal but saves me hassles. These class of bikes are notorious for wrecking rear carrier subframes and fenders through vibration.

That was the first thing I thought I would do when I eventually saw that it broke, but the problem is the key-lock to remove the seat is mounted on this fender thing.

Offline Jawjo

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2013, 02:19:37 pm »
Here is an interesting DIY fix for the back license plate done by a Terra owner in the states...

Check out the blog link bellow.

http://www.bigdogadventures.com/11HuskyTR650.htm

Does anyone thing the price will come down at all in 2014 from the R72 000?  :pot:

- George

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2013, 03:15:19 pm »
Here is an interesting DIY fix for the back license plate done by a Terra owner in the states...

Check out the blog link bellow.

http://www.bigdogadventures.com/11HuskyTR650.htm

Does anyone thing the price will come down at all in 2014 from the R72 000?  :pot:

- George

NO Red and white Huskies being made or coming into SA --- All the stock 2013 they have will most probably be sold at a good discount price as they making room for the Blue White and Yellow Huskies --

Keep your eye open for specials --all the red kit etc have also been sold already at a song ---
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline WP

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2013, 03:35:14 pm »
Spoke with the dealer, he said if there is no damage to indicate that it was broken by bumping it or dropping the bike they will replace it. So I'm happy.