Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Anyone ride a terra 650?  (Read 4827 times)

Offline A/T

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
Re: Anyone ride a terra 650?
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2013, 05:48:10 pm »
J,no only 2 year warranty for what its worth...

Offline Straatkat

« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2013, 08:14:42 pm »
When I bought my 2009 TE610 new in 2011 from Smiths in Kyalami and I took it back for the 1000km service I got it back with the fuel overflow pipe fastened over the exhaust!....and from memory it was over R2000 for that priviledge. Needless to say I took over servicing myself after that, and effectively walked away from the 2 year warranty. So it seems everyone is getting shitty service from the agents. I really wish it was different.
18 till I die.
If hard work pays, show me rich donkey.

Offline WP

« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2013, 08:25:51 am »
I contacted CMH yesterday as they are responsible for Husqvarna and the dealers etc. I have thus far only received ecellent correspondence from them. They are supposed to let me know how things are going to work out this morning, so lets see.

It seems they weren't aware of any of these troubles and problems, so maybe one should make one's voice heard.

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2013, 08:32:49 am »
When I bought my 2009 TE610 new in 2011 from Smiths in Kyalami and I took it back for the 1000km service I got it back with the fuel overflow pipe fastened over the exhaust!....and from memory it was over R2000 for that priviledge. Needless to say I took over servicing myself after that, and effectively walked away from the 2 year warranty. So it seems everyone is getting shitty service from the agents. I really wish it was different.

Useless Bunch of Idiots --Did my first 610 TE there for a 1000km service--
Got there and asked if they did the air cleaner and all the check points the manual prescribes --

Huh???? was the Mechanics reply --we did the oil and pumped they tyres for you --2.8 bar as they were flat for road use --- :o :o
Cost only R750 and when I told them they will never see my bike again --the answer was --your warranty will not be valid if you service it your self. Told the twatwaffle warranties are for the bike shops who let idiots work on customers bikes imho --
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline adv

• <INSERT CUSTOM TITLE HERE>
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XR650R
  • Wheelie Everything.
    • Clutch Up
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2013, 08:46:11 am »

Useless Bunch of Idiots --Did my first 610 TE there for a 1000km service--
Got there and asked if they did the air cleaner and all the check points the manual prescribes --

Huh???? was the Mechanics reply --we did the oil and pumped they tyres for you --2.8 bar as they were flat for road use --- :o :o
Cost only R750 and when I told them they will never see my bike again --the answer was --your warranty will not be valid if you service it your self. Told the twatwaffle warranties are for the bike shops who let idiots work on customers bikes imho --

ahahahha

well said.

Offline Jawjo

« Reply #65 on: December 24, 2013, 10:18:19 am »
Any one else ridden a Terra? Have enjoyed the reviews on www.cafehusky.com, would like to see more local ones though.  :ricky:

All the best

George

Offline Jawjo

« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2014, 09:43:30 am »
Another question...

Has anyone ridden with a Pillion (ie: their wife) on the back.  Interested to know how comfortable it is for the passenger?

George

Offline WP

« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2014, 12:03:09 pm »
Ride with a pillion often. Lately even daily. Haven't had any complaints with regards to comfort.

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2014, 07:46:48 am »
No more Stock of new Terra's are available --They have ALL been sold and NO other stock coming into SA --So its going to have to be a 2nd hand one  ::) Only some Terra's available --
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline WP

« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2014, 08:29:52 am »
I am willing to sell mine should anyone be interested.

Offline shjakadi

• Show me something new
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2014, 08:36:49 am »
I have a Terra as well - thoroughly enjoy the bike.

Done some tricky offroad as well with the bike, no complaints at all.
I have had a pillion on with only really one gripe - Its not that easy to adjust the preload, so just left it. Bike became amazingly stable with the extra weight on.

I managed to do away with much of the idling issues by doing the "Eruption" build as per the husky site. Very easy fix which did make a huge difference.

I bought the crash bars and foot pages from Bikegear, just be prepared for a long wait.

Offline A/T

« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2014, 03:46:18 pm »
Hi do you know where I can look for a bashplate for the terra? Do you think the crashbars will protect the radiotor in a low speed fall over? TX

Offline Jawjo

« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2014, 09:52:40 am »

PM Sent...

Offline WP

« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2014, 10:12:00 am »

PM Sent...

Replied.

Hi do you know where I can look for a bashplate for the terra? Do you think the crashbars will protect the radiotor in a low speed fall over? TX

Go and have a chat to Sandstorm racing.

Offline A/T

« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2014, 01:19:41 pm »
Tx Wp but not willing to pay R4.5k for the Husky b/plate, if you want to sell your Terra I will be interested in some of your extras?

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2014, 01:24:01 pm »
Tx Wp but not willing to pay R4.5k for the Husky b/plate, if you want to sell your Terra I will be interested in some of your extras?

Make your own --no rocket science at all --have made many myself for all types of bikes --The Terra motor is very exposed imho and is great need of protection
Current Scooters --

Offline WP

« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2014, 01:50:08 pm »

Only extra's I have are Pro taper handlebars and Acerbis handguards. The dealer never came through with the promised bashplate and it didn't seem to phase CMH either.

Therefor the reason for wanting to sell the Terra. I find it a great bike but I do not feel like struggling with dealers from scratch.

I have been waiting 8 weeks plus now for them to do the warrantee claim on the numberplate holder...

Offline A/T

« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2014, 10:40:30 am »
WP,ok now its a bit dodgy, also see a crack in the plastic on my rear Numberplate/light carrier,matter of time and it will completely break off. did Sandstorm sove this issue for you?

Offline melior

• Bike: MV (all models)
  • Agusta Tourismo Veloce 800
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2014, 04:09:51 pm »

I have had a pillion on with only really one gripe - Its not that easy to adjust the preload, so just left it. Bike became amazingly stable with the extra weight on.

I managed to do away with much of the idling issues by doing the "Eruption" build as per the husky site. Very easy fix which did make a huge difference.

I bought the crash bars and foot pages from Bikegear, just be prepared for a long wait.

Shjakadi - please tell us where you found the Eruption?  Did you buy it locally?

Offline shjakadi

• Show me something new
« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2014, 04:26:18 pm »

Shjakadi - please tell us where you found the Eruption?  Did you buy it locally?

The Eruption you make that up yourself. Got all the components locally and followed instructions from the web site:
http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/all-tr650s-need-this-introducing-the-eruption.34831/

The parts i got from here:
http://za.rs-online.com
Do a search for 706-2765P part number.

Hope you come right.