..my wife...a training rideâ?¦

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malJohann

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Singer (all models)
So, over the festive season just after Christmas my wife and I decided she needed a training ride on the scooter again, as we're going to get her a learnerâ??s soon and going on our first adventure rides this year.

First off I took the bike out onto our quiet little street and gave my wife a lift around the block to warm the bike up and to re-familiarize her with the feeling of leaning around corners.

Then after stopping in front of the house, my wife hopped on and I asked her a couple of questions to see how much she remembers from more than 2 years ago when she had her first run on the same bike in the plot we stayed at back then. Remarkably she remembered a lot, but not quite everything.

A minute later after a brief explanation and she says she's ready. I also told her that the two most important controls on the bike were the clutch and front-brake levers, why they were and how to modulate them. We decided she's not going to wear ATTGAT on this ride, as she feels too encumbered and distracted with it on. For this trip up and down the street I ran along with her for some more explanation along the way and to be close by should something happen.

Afterwards while drinking some cold in the kitchen, she said that she really enjoyed the ride and wanted to go out a second time, but alone this time without me running along. I agreed and grabbed the camera to snap some photos for you guys and for memories' sake.

Odette all excited, laughing and generally being silly. Itâ??s always fun around her.

HPIM3083.jpg

Fierce concentration on pull-off and very good clutch control for a beginner.

HPIM3084.jpg

She saw a top speed of 30km/h on this stretch! I am so very proud of my Bokkie.

HPIM3085.jpg

Slow, tight turns are still a mission for her, with this one going up and over the side-walk.

HPIM3086.jpg

Odette aiming not to hit me as I snap away. She has remarkable balance and control already.

HPIM3087.jpg

Brave enough to pass me and take it round the little island in front of our gate.

HPIM3088.jpg

This girl's going to be a pro, as she's looking up to where she wants to go!

HPIM3089.jpg

She stops, forgets the clutch and stalls the bike. Looking back she calls: "Johaaann!"

HPIM3090.jpg

Yay! I conquered the world (or our little street at least)! What's next Brain?

HPIM3091.jpg