Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Bikers leaving gates open in the Tankwa Karoo  (Read 3774 times)

Offline Xchallenge

• Jou Ma is 'n...
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Zero (all models)
  • Braaap!
Re: Bikers leaving gates open in the Tankwa Karoo
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2013, 10:08:13 am »
If you had a psychic midget who killed someone, you would have a small medium at large.

Offline Xchallenge

• Jou Ma is 'n...
  • Grey hound
  • Braaap!
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2013, 10:11:47 am »
If you had a psychic midget who killed someone, you would have a small medium at large.

Online Bie

• Local Mods
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Winners never quit, Quitters never win.
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2013, 10:25:06 am »
I really cannot understand why some get their balls in a knot. Where were the culprits pointed out as being Wilddogs? They were identified as bikers and I suppose with good reason, finito. Suddenly some forum members became defensive and questioned the farmer's judgement. Being all defensive makes it seem the shoe fits some. I cannot handle such immature bullshit, ffs.
The solution is simple, close the fucking gate.

the only reason it gets my balls in a knot is "bikers" leaving my gates open

if it was a dude in a car would he have gone to car magazine forum and complained there ???

or the 4x4 forum ???

the guys that pimp their vw's forum perhaps ???

sure if we can help him great!

i have never left a gate open that i have found closed

whenever we ride the first guy opens, waits for everyone and he is then in the back only having to open and close again when he gets in the front

now this wont work for the roosters cause they have to always be in the front - they cannot ride behind someone, i think we should investigate the KTM riders first!

it must be someone on a KTM i'm sure  :peepwall:

Have you ever heard that people enquire at 4x4 clubs when certain rogue 4x4 members misbehave? I have. Same with taxis, students, troopies and so I can continue, so why may this guy not enquire at a member of a bike club or forum?  Some bikers, like any group of people combined by association will have their culprits. Better to spend your energy assisting this guy in catching the fuckers that give you a bad name by association rather than badmouthing him for asking for assistance.
If I as a farmer went past a gate at say 7h00 and the gate was closed, but find it open 2 hours later after the only trafic being bikes went past, it is obvious who left it open. These roads dont carry a lot of traffic. No need to look at tracks. Also, the guy says it happens frequently, so everytime, or almost every time bikes went past the gate was left open showing a pattern.
Bikers riding in a group often open gates and leave it open, expecting the last guy to close it and often it is then never closed, maybe by accident or ignorance. Cars seldom travel in groups, so they stop, open and close the gate as there is no one behind to leave it open for. Only failsafe way is to open the gate, push your bike trough while you wait for your mates to pass and see to it that no stock goes through the now open gate while you wait. When the last guy passes, you close the gate and fall in at the back. This way everyone gets a turn to open a gate, no stock goes through the gate left open temporarily and no gates remain open after you have gone your merry way. Easy.

I suggest we adopt this as official Wilddogs gate protocol.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 10:28:09 am by Bie »
Kom ons maak 'n stoffie.

Offline the_BOBNOB

• is not a
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2013, 10:30:47 am »
I really cannot understand why some get their balls in a knot. Where were the culprits pointed out as being Wilddogs? They were identified as bikers and I suppose with good reason, finito. Suddenly some forum members became defensive and questioned the farmer's judgement. Being all defensive makes it seem the shoe fits some. I cannot handle such immature bullshit, ffs.
The solution is simple, close the fucking gate.

the only reason it gets my balls in a knot is "bikers" leaving my gates open

if it was a dude in a car would he have gone to car magazine forum and complained there ???

or the 4x4 forum ???

the guys that pimp their vw's forum perhaps ???

sure if we can help him great!

i have never left a gate open that i have found closed

whenever we ride the first guy opens, waits for everyone and he is then in the back only having to open and close again when he gets in the front

now this wont work for the roosters cause they have to always be in the front - they cannot ride behind someone, i think we should investigate the KTM riders first!

it must be someone on a KTM i'm sure  :peepwall:

Have you ever heard that people enquire at 4x4 clubs when certain rogue 4x4 members misbehave? I have. Same with taxis, students, troopies and so I can continue, so why may this guy not enquire at a member of a bike club or forum?  Some bikers, like any group of people combined by association will have their culprits. Better to spend your energy assisting this guy in catching the fuckers that give you a bad name by association rather than badmouthing him for asking for assistance.
If I as a farmer went past a gate at say 7h00 and the gate was closed, but find it open 2 hours later after the only trafic being bikes went past, it is obvious who left it open. These roads dont carry a lot of traffic. No need to look at tracks. Also, the guy says it happens frequently, so everytime, or almost every time bikes went past the gate was left open showing a pattern.
Bikers riding in a group often open gates and leave it open, expecting the last guy to close it and often it is then never closed, maybe by accident or ignorance. Cars seldom travel in groups, so they stop, open and close the gate as there is no one behind to leave it open for. Only failsafe way is to open the gate, push your bike trough while you wait for your mates to pass and see to it that no stock goes through the now open gate while you wait. When the last guy passes, you close the gate and fall in at the back. This way everyone gets a turn to open a gate, no stock goes through the gate left open temporarily and no gates remain open after you have gone your merry way. Easy.

I suggest we adopt this as official Wilddogs gate protocol.

fair enough

i'm just tired of broad sweeping statements i'll shut up now

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2013, 10:57:29 am »
Bie, all I hear from you is judda judda.. how about making some suggestions on how to solve the problem.

The culprits were not identified as Wild Dogs but there have been posts insinuating it, as the_BOBNOB says , the broad sweeping statements are laughable.

Loads of chit chat, but no real solution. The reason is because there are 100's of bikers crossing paths all those regions EVERY weekend, I assure you only a very small percentage are Wild Dogs.

bikers do stupid things all the time, on Wild Dogs it was announced that if you go to the Eikebos environmental fun ride you have to be on a road worthy bike.. so I told my son, sorry he can't go, only to pitch up and see loads of okes on plastics.. I didn't come on here and enquire as to why people pitched up on plastics.

Maybe a simple solution is to put a spring on the gate, you open it, spring closes it, if the farmer wants the gate left open there is a latch to hold it open

Sometimes it is juts a simple solution that is required instead of drilling a biking community that probably had nothing to do with the open gate in the 1st place.
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Online IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Triumph (all models)
  • What me worry?
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2013, 10:59:46 am »
Is it a private or public road??

I don't think it makes too much of a difference , there are a lot of public roads that go through private property , I believe it is just plain simple courtesy to close gates when we go through them , I know it is a nuisance but the gates are there for a reason and that is to keep the farmers stock in his farm . Just think how the moer in we would be if our gates at home were left open for our pets to get out , same thing really .

actually it does make a huge difference ....

Born to lose, live to win!!

Online Bie

• Local Mods
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Winners never quit, Quitters never win.
« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2013, 11:01:19 am »
Just read, I did make a suggestion.
Kom ons maak 'n stoffie.

Online RobC

• Stoepkakkertjie
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2013, 11:07:16 am »
Just read, I did make a suggestion.
and the simplest was... Close the gate! :deal:

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2013, 11:09:31 am »
yeah.. problem solved.

:laughing4:
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline Kuifie

• Brandslang Koning
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Ek Laaik Ry
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2013, 11:10:19 am »
Al ooit gehoor van n boer wat nie kla nie  ::) ::)
"If the left side of your brain control the right side of your body, only left handed people are in the right mind"

Offline Xchallenge

• Jou Ma is 'n...
  • Grey hound
  • Braaap!
« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2013, 11:14:04 am »
This thread is getting stale...
Lets rather talk about how awesome the Gauteng Rains are we have been having this weekend.

Nice weather we are having huh?

Offline subie

• Local Mods
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • Liberalism is the ideology of Western suicide.
« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2013, 11:18:59 am »
Ek is maar aan die kant van die plaasmense. Eenvoudige strategie wat ek volg. As die hek oop is los ek hom oop. As die hek toe is maak ek hom oop en weer toe agter my. Ek repekteer die mense se vee en probeer hulle nie verwilder en jaag nie. Ek beskou dit n voorreg om in die mense se wereld rond te ry.
Ons stadsjapies besef nie altyd hoe erg die mense agter hul veld kyk nie. Toe ek by Hinksding gekuier het het ek opgemerk hulle ry nie sommer nuwe spore deur die veld ens.  Oom Giel by Verneukpan het ook verduidelik
hoe lank dit hom geneem het om meeste van die jakkalse uit sy kampe uit te kry en as die hekke oop is sluip die goed terug en rig groot skade aan.
Ek verstaan as n boer sy hekke sluit in die tye,privaat pad of publieke pad .
Ons behoort nie eens n debat hieroor te het is my beskeie opinie nie.  :ricky:
As time washes by, our footprints are all for naught

Offline the_BOBNOB

• is not a
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2013, 11:19:01 am »
Phone: 023 2301595
Hi Mandy
I am Andrew Moffat, we own the Tankwa farm "Isle of Sky" Please help me find out who, or which biking group that drive through my farm, continuously leaving the gates open. There are numerous signs!! My game and stock gets out. I have now contacted the roads department to have the road closed. I wish bikers would respect other peoples property. This is on going for years. Please pass on to all bikers. They are not welcome.
Thank you. 

if he just asked for help but...

bikers dont respect peoples property
but bikers are not welcome

i'm sure numerous "bikers" have supported them - camping at their spots etc but no all bikers are the scum of the earth....

yes you get idiots on bikes
and idiots in 4x4
etc....

i respect the farmers and the gates etc - but ignorant statements like these does not anyone
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 11:20:25 am by the_BOBNOB »

Offline Xchallenge

• Jou Ma is 'n...
  • Grey hound
  • Braaap!
« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2013, 11:22:49 am »
Seriously people, stop bitching all day, flippin hell, you guys are seriously getting old!
Is there nothing better for you okes to do but to wine all day on forums.

How about a bit of positivity for a change. Seriously. Time to chill-the-fcuk-out!

Offline DSNewbie

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2013, 11:26:03 am »
Bie, all I hear from you is judda judda.. how about making some suggestions on how to solve the problem.

The culprits were not identified as Wild Dogs but there have been posts insinuating it, as the_BOBNOB says , the broad sweeping statements are laughable.

Loads of chit chat, but no real solution. The reason is because there are 100's of bikers crossing paths all those regions EVERY weekend, I assure you only a very small percentage are Wild Dogs.

bikers do stupid things all the time, on Wild Dogs it was announced that if you go to the Eikebos environmental fun ride you have to be on a road worthy bike.. so I told my son, sorry he can't go, only to pitch up and see loads of okes on plastics.. I didn't come on here and enquire as to why people pitched up on plastics.

Maybe a simple solution is to put a spring on the gate, you open it, spring closes it, if the farmer wants the gate left open there is a latch to hold it open

Sometimes it is juts a simple solution that is required instead of drilling a biking community that probably had nothing to do with the open gate in the 1st place.

Do you read before you post?
Or does the shoe maybe fit?

Bie and others posted the best solution, the person who opens the gate closes it, end of story, no confusion, just a working solution.

Bitching about the farmer being right in generalizing is like bitching about having had right of way at a traffic light after a taxi has already skipped it and put you in hospital, it will change fuck-all to the outcome.

If you open a gate, close it, personally, do not leave it up to someone else, fuck it is really that simple guys.

Offline Sparky

• a darkside
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 790 Adventure R
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2013, 11:34:46 am »
Where is "Isle of Skye"?
"Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Online Operator

• is a Forum Vendor and a
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Official Vendor
    • Vendor
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2013, 11:36:25 am »
The motorbike community cannot win, even if you try your utmost.

999 guys can go through the gate and close it, and the 1 guy/group comes through, leave it open
and fingers point to bikers leaving the gate open   :-\

Solution would be for the farmer to erect a little sign on the gate to say that the gate should
be closed at all times.  :deal:

Offline Xchallenge

• Jou Ma is 'n...
  • Grey hound
  • Braaap!
« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2013, 11:42:05 am »

Offline Stofdonkie

• Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2013, 11:42:43 am »
The motorbike community cannot win, even if you try your utmost.

999 guys can go through the gate and close it, and the 1 guy/group comes through, leave it open
and fingers point to bikers leaving the gate open   :-\

Solution would be for the farmer to erect a little sign on the gate to say that the gate should
be closed at all times.  :deal:

::)

It takes only ONE open gate to loose animals. And it takes only ONE lost animal to become die moer in.

The solution is not the farmers responsibility.

Carpe BM.

Offline Eendstop

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Too many fools around
« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2013, 11:46:59 am »
.............AND IF THE GATE IS ON A PUBLIC ROAD AND THUS UNLAWFUL AND YOU CLOSE IT, YOU ARE AN ACCESSORY TO A CRIME - OBSTRUCTING A PUBLIC ROAD. Let the farmers focus on fencing their animals in and leave the public roads alone. Bleddie moangatte. niks is ooit reg vir hulle nie.  :pot:

:peepwall:  hoe se ek hulle nou  :patch:
Thought so, tough behind a keyboard, but no balls.......