To Garies!! And another pap wiel and another....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WKC

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Okay, so a while ago my dad, Jondu, got an email telling him about the fun run in Garies. After no decision making process we sign up for it. After all, it can only be interesting.  :ricky:

So on Friday we came down from CT with the KLR on back (just to save on costs) of the Isuzu. We arrived at home (Koekenaap) and not long after started packing. There wasn't much we needed as we planned on only spending the Saturday evening in Garies. Other than pants, shirt and toothbrush, we needed to take tools, shoes, sleeping clothes, pills, sun protection etc etc as to please some persons' minimum vereistes. At this point I started the skimp of Jondu carrying the heavy things on his big GS.

Kort na dit het ek goed besef dat die bietjie gewig my kon goed doen. Die wind het my 4km van die huis af my Gopro laat afhaal want ek kort nog n nek na die dag  :eek7: Die wind kom sterk van regs af en laat my meer le as die GP racers  :3some: Eventueel doen Jondu my 'n groot guns en laat my bietjie die GS geniet so tussen deur die padwerke. Saligheid - geen wind, geen le, net spoed en my gedagtes!!  ;D

Hiers ons wat 'n tydjie wagby een van die vele padwerk stoppe!
G0010001_zps78c40e79.jpg

When we arrived in Garies we had no idea where we had to meet the rest! So we turned around to ask two guys we met on the way there. When we got to the Boere vereniging saal it was a small and welcome sight... of plastics!! Damn, we read about a long route AND a short one, but looks like no one will be riding the long route except us!  :eek7:

One of the plastics and in my eyes the most impressive  :drif:
G0100010_zps1f3eee08.jpg

To clear up - I secretly wanted to do the short route because I want to practice my "s%@(y road skills"  :peepwall: And thus we ended up deciding on riding the short route, I mean, how bad can it be?  :thumleft:

Jondu waiting for the briefing to start
GOPR0023_zpsbcfab21d.jpg

Okay, this post is getting long, but it's either this or I get too lazy to split it all up!!

So after the brief we got up on our perdjies
G0050005_zpsdd2df933.jpg

and set off!

It started off pretty relaxed and soon we had to stop. A river. Well it's not THAT big, but a few of the plastics saw their agterente already. Ek het gewag vir ou wyse pa om te kom se of ons ompad moet vind en of ons dit deurdruk. Daar skiet hy, in die water, gee vet, gee vet, traction control, sit vas  :3some: Teen die tyd wat ek daar aan gekom het was n tannie op n quad klaar kwaad oor die rivier en nou dat Jondu vassit besluit sy sy bel haar man. Die kom toe daar aan en met 'n gesukkel kry ons die GS aan die ander kant. En toe is dit die quad. Ry, ry, ry ,ry, dip, gee nie meer vet nie, sit vas. Dit het  nie veel gevat om die quad uit te kry nie toe kom my beurt op die KLR. Daars 'n video vir dit en ek sal nounet die link in sit.

And so we continued on this not-so-treacherous path for quite a while. It wasn't much of a challenge and not much happened apart from Jondu proving that when the front wheel catches the middelman: Accelerate. Here is the rivercrossing and the accelerate to get out of trouble vid: River crossing and sand slip

And so we continued and saw a few beautiful sights
GOPR0031_zps97a4b41b.jpg

Shortly after this the intercom went on and Jondu said my front tire looks pap. There and then got so furious, because this front tire of mine has given me so much trouble(Jondu is gonna moderate me for taal so I'm keeping it clean). It kept going flat through more than two tubes on the tire before. Now, with brand new tire and tube I'll get this  :xxbah: :xxbah: :dousing: So Jondu gave me his GS to go fetch the gel at the saaltjie. Damn, the rest of the small pas sou vir my op die 650 moeilik wees, en nou sit ek op die buffel van n 1200 met my 80kg lyf.

Na 'n lang gesukkel kry ons die gel daar, maar dit werk nie. Great, die tube is nou tien teen een in sy glory in!!  :dousing: Verder aan laai ons die KLR op 'n bakkie en vat dit saaltjie toe. Planne word gemaak, en so besluit ons om by oom Tuco te gaan slaap vir die aand.

Vanoggend het ons toe oom Tuco se 1200 geleen, want hy soek dit in Vredendal om tires te ruil, dan kan hy die KLR ook more bring. Hy is 'n engel wat voorkom as 'n ou man!  :thumleft: :thumleft: Duisend dankies aan oom Tuco  :lol8:

Toe was die pad terug maar vinnig verby met een of twee foto's van die vreemdeling motorfiets en Jondu op die grond besig om wiele af te blaas  :imaposer:
GOPR0041_zps371668cc.jpg

GOPR0036_zps062ec718.jpg

Nou sit ek met seer skouers en bikeloos by die huis en tik maar voort  :imaposer: :peepwall: