Amageza 2013 a marshall's view

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pleco

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
Hello to all the rallye nuts out there.

A little background before we begin. Alex really wanted to run a fully fledged MSA and international sanctioned event this year. Unfortunately a few factors ran against him from the start. MSA has nothing in place for a cross country multi stage moving around rallye. So to go official, he needed a team of people to write MSA's rallye rules and regulations, show them how to run it and then pay them for it as well. With all this, he was still determined, but he now needed more riders to get the money to pay for all of it.

Unfortunately in true SA fashion, everyone is game until it comes to pay time :deal: So he had no choice but to cancel. He then got Renette to look at the legal issues for next year and he asked me to try and assist on the safety side.

We met with MSA, and Alex realised they do not comply with the "reasonable man" level of legal and safety, so decided to carry on with his normal amageza style of Amageza, while Renette and I made sure he had the Reasonable Man legal and safety in place. The unofficial status and cutting back 2 days off the rallye, brought the costs down enough so that Alex could run the event with 60 riders to sort of play even financially. And so the Amageza safari was born.

OK, over to my side of the event report......