AMAGEZA 2013..... So much more! (SS4- last vid added)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonova

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
So much more than I expected! This is my story.

There were the ups and downs leading up to Amageza, but for me personally, my Amageza almost didn't happen at all. A month before the race one of my best friends in all the world passed away. It was such a gut wrenching, dark, terrible time and I can honestly say that nothing that horrible has ever happened to me. He was like my brother...more than in fact. My riding companion and my voice of reason in so many ways. We have done many many trips throughout southern Africa together, and his death left a void in my life that I fear will never be filled by anything. I had really bad depression about it, and almost gave up on my 2 big dreams for this year, one being the Amageza. Fortunately I pulled myself together and realized that no amount of sulking would bring him back. This was the time to realize that life is short and one must follow our dreams with red hot passion.... Absolutely 100% flat out.... I was going to do my best and make him proud of me.

My road to Amageza, apart from the bike build, started at the beginning of October when I fetched my bike from TR-TEC in hillcrest natal, and headed for CT in my bakkie. It's a long way to drive but fortunately I come from the eastern cape so I stopped off on the farm and had a chance to take the bike for its very 1st test ride as a fully completed rally bike! WOW....

This is between Sterkstroom and Hofmeyer

It was sublime! I must say that I was nervous about how all the stuff on the bike would hold out and perform....but my fears were for naught  ;D
I did some setting up of the suspension, and then it was onward to CT.

I arrived just in time for Rocking the Daisies.....which was fairly epic, and resulted in very little sleep, and my riding buddy coming down with nasty flu.....but all worth it hahaha.
Just some of the tame pics...family forum and all....

Then I had a week of work which interfered with my bike prep, and then finally it was just a few days to go!
Claude and myself did quite a bit of work on the bikes, admin and getting gear, and a little riding. We bought some road books from zebra and put them in the holders to test - all good!

Spark plug from KTM  :ricky:

On one of our little rides, we stopped to take some pics, but unfortunately Claude dropped his bike and cracked the left side tank  :eek: Eish! So while he was at work the next day I missions off to CT to get some special epoxy stuff that was recommended by Clayton at TR-TEC. It's called spar-bond I think, and it worked like a charm!

Some test riding

[/URL

[URL=https://s337.photobucket.com/user/bonovalimbus/media/AMAGEZA%202013/image_zpsd7693194.jpg.html] [/URL

The photo shoot started out great
[URL=https://s337.photobucket.com/user/bonovalimbus/media/AMAGEZA%202013/image_zps0afaf072.jpg.html]

Then it went pear shaped

Inspecting the damage

The fix

Supplements and bits and pieces for the ride

Leaving malmesbury all packed :)

So ja.... That takes us to "Gordon's bay".
On the way there fortunately I saw on face book that the venue had changed. We ended up being the very 1st to arrive and ground zero..... And we were very concerned that we were in fact at the wrong place. But soon Adrian and Darthvader pitched up, and the ball got rolling.  :thumleft: