What's your idea of off-road?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michnus

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
I see the word off-road is being loosely used around this forum like a old whore :lol: Ja well, that's what this site is about anyway. :lol:

What does the word off road mean to you? Is it a leisurely cruise on a dirt road that is like a tar road. Maybe a bit of anthills and some sandy patches or hardcore technical riding? And then very fast long dirt road stretches.

For example, if LITO explains how impressive his Ketoom is off-road I need to know what his off-road means. I think his off-road is a few sandy patches on Clifton beach. My idea of that is to know that this bike can actually scale a rocky outcrop with tennis ball size rocks. Don't loose yourself LIto it is just an example. :twisted: :lol:

If I say I ride 80% off road is this enduro type riding or just gravel road to the plaas and back? My idea of 80% off-road means I need an enduro bike. I have friends that ride BMW Dakar's where most baboons can't walk and I struggle to ride a enduro bike.

Is there suggestions where we can categories this, or other terminology so most people will understand the skill level or ability of the bike and the terrain?