Steve McQueen on an Honda CR250M Elsinore

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vintage_Mania

1979 Honda CB400T
Reaction score
*From Rick Siemen

Back in late 1972, Steve McQueen did a commercial for Honda dirt bikes, specifically the Elsinore. The commercials were only shown and run in Japan and Japanese controlled territories. They were not allowed to be used in the United State

Here is one of the 250 Elsinore promotions that they've ran. It shows McQueen riding in the desert and at Indian Dunes. During this time, he used to be a regular test rider at Dirt Bike Magazine. Of course, we were not allowed to use his name or show his face, due to serious contacts he had with the studios.

I bought one of the 250 Elsinores back then because it was a great motorcycle. Steve had six of the Elsinores given to him by Honda and rode them for the time. We use our test bike and my bike in particular as a guinea pig and Steve had a chance to ride our bikes and made many of the modifications to his own Elsinore.

I don't know what eventually happened to his Elsinore, but during this period of time, he was a full-time Elsinore freak like the rest of us.

So sit back and enjoy this video.

[flash=640,480]https://www.youtube.com/v/J8nJvgSlSiM[/flash]