BIG thumbs-up to Umhlanga BMW - faith restored in the human race ;-)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 14578

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Could've sworn there was a rant and rave section, but for the life of me I can't find it...so mods, please move if I'm screwing up the system.  :violent1:

I'm not a cheerleader for dealers, quite the opposite....but this will shut my mouth for a bit!!

....I am selling an XChallenge and every single person interested wants the friggin service records. When I bought it the previous owner told me he bought it from a dealer in Natal, and they promised, but never gave him the service books. Never bothered me until now that I am selling, so I started phoning the dealers in Durbs an surrounding. Finally figure out that it was bought from Umhlanga BMW so give them a call.

Got hold of Roy Bowman and he confirmed what every other BMW dealer told me, all books go out with the bike, and if no motorplan, there is no history kept on the dealer system. BUT, if I send him the vin he will do his own looknsee on the dealer's records and forward that to me. Chuffed that I now have a bike with at least proof of a full service record, I don't give it a further thought.

- Little later I get an e-mail, not only did he go and checked out their own records, but scrounged around the shop and he in fact found a box marked "awaiting owner" WITH MY STUFF IN IT!!! How friggin randomly awesome is that!! He didn't have to go rummage around......but he did.

I would call that going the extra mile!!

ROY, YOU FRIGGIN ROCK BUDDY!!!