Going West GS 1200 L C and all

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COLES

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Sunday morning the Toppies met at the usual place to take a ride to the North of Port Elizabeth.  The route had been discussed at our Thursday night braai as the wine flowed Gadget man{Roberto} told everybody not to worry he would put the route together

The first question that was asked by Gadget man was where we going to WITHOND looked at me in astonishment well long story we headed west along the Old Cape road towards Humansdorp dont like riding on the N2 due to the way the cars and trucks are driven

BLING.jpg

From Humansdorp we took to the R62 one thing was for sure breakfast was calling just outside Joubertina we stopped a little place called the Kraaltjie

IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_0913.jpg

Schoolboy making toast for the Toppies

IMG_0910.jpg

IMG_0914.jpg

Really a great place to fill the tummy at no real cost Great breakfast

IMG_0915.jpg

IMG_0918.jpg

After breakfast we took the first gravel road North  Few photo,s of the area

IMG_0919.jpg

IMG_0923.jpg

IMG_0926.jpg

Strange how things happen Loftus got his name from LOTUS VERVELD he was conceived on seat Z98 a long time ago

IMG_0928.jpg

IMG_0929.jpg

IMG_0930.jpg

IMG_0932.jpg

IMG_0942.jpg

Loftus and Gadget man bring up the rear      Long way to go China

IMG_0947.jpg

Julle se julle weet julle weet FO.OL        Getting some shade really hot in the kloof

IMG_0952.jpg

IMG_0963.jpg

IMG_0962.jpg

Gadget man looks on

IMG_0965.jpg

IMG_0960.jpg

After a great gravel ride we headed West to Port Elizabeth        This i what you see when you near P E

IMG_0969.jpg

IMG_0972.jpg

Story i am told is that the farmers who have allowed the fans to be erected on their land receives R20 000 per fan per month

Will check with my connection Orchie he will know

IMG_0950.jpg

This ride was the first long ride with my GS 1200 L C and i must admit it was amazing on the long tar section we road

The moment we took to the ruff gravel road i was extremely worried that i had bought the bike with the KIDS inheritance no joking the ride was pooooooo

Changed the setting to Enduro and Tyre pressure 2.2 front 2.4 rear.  The bike felt very light in front but the quicker we went the better the L C got      Brake really good      handling great even on the real ruff gravel 
rear Tyre a complete disaster needs a fifty fifty rear and matching front

Fuel consumption ran around the 5.4 per kilo      On the hole i am very happy with the L C just GREAT FOR A PENSIONER   

Thanks to Joel