Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Husqvarna have a all new SITE --  (Read 1946 times)

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
Re: Husqvarna have a all new SITE --
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2013, 02:36:24 pm »
And don't come and tell me that Primrose / ordering from Hall's in the US is the solution.
I need a heavy weight like KTM to support the brand.

I've seen far more complaining about spares availability etc from the "heavy weight" BMW and KTM brand owners than from any Husky guys. 

So far the availability, response and prices regarding spares I've received from Primrose is better than when I had a BMW, and that's right through two changes of ownership in the Husky brand - you can say what you like, those are the facts.

I would agree on this as well - esp with the very poor spares holdings of BMW these days.
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701R  Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  Yamaha YZ250X BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

:ricky:

Offline dirtWarp

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • I crash like a champ!
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2013, 02:59:05 pm »
Luckily I no longer care a shit about what happens to KTM -- Husaberg --or even Husky ---

I have enough bikes to last me as nothing new in the DS market will be emerging in the near future '

Will just enjoy what I have ----- FFS I used to race KTM when they were blue and white ????

Yes, you are lucky and correct about nothing new in the DS market.
Nice pics there!

And don't come and tell me that Primrose / ordering from Hall's in the US is the solution.
I need a heavy weight like KTM to support the brand.

I've seen far more complaining about spares availability etc from the "heavy weight" BMW and KTM brand owners than from any Husky guys.  

So far the availability, response and prices regarding spares I've received from Primrose is better than when I had a BMW, and that's right through two changes of ownership in the Husky brand - you can say what you like, those are the facts.

Don't want to start something again but we have like 10 guys riding Huskies here..

Your argument about spares availability/price is related to your personal experiences, and are not exactly facts.
The support and level of spares carried by Rad Moto is actually damn good. Even for the rare 550 that I had.. no issues. KTM and Jap prices are pretty much the same on most parts. (See, my experience shows a different view)

It pains me to see my friend's 610, waiting for spares, hoping that they will arrive in time for our ride next weekend. It could only help if Husky's were sold next to the KTM's. It will make spares much easier to obtain, don't you think?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 03:01:36 pm by dirtWarp »

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2013, 03:17:20 pm »
I think one should rather look at the Bigger picture here --

Husqvarna was sold and resold - Cagiva --then BMW and Now SP --

Lots of red tape had to be cleared up with unions etc --factory moved --production of many spares came to a standstill -- just one of the lousy things that happened -- dealers have been dropped left right and centre not being able to give a good service

Worst of all it took CMH months of negotiating to be the importer for Husky with BMW 's approval --then BMW sells Husky -

Now CMH had to renegotiate with Austria and SP to be the importer of Husqvarna into South Africa

Shit --I don't know if I would have had the balls to push through as the importer here in SA --same goes for the rest of the world --a total mess that is slowly getting sorted

I take my hat off to Fred Fensham from CMH and like the fact that he is a hands on man and is seen at the races as well--and is giving it his best shot --and that is all one can ask for.

Going to be a while --but until then --they have my support.

Ive bitched and complained as well about certain things to him and have seen a serious turn around with some of the dealers ---here ---- holding thumbs.

The four stroke Huskies arrive mid December and the two strokes mid January --

So here in SA we will be the first to have the new Huskies ----

As for Rad --- great lot of people --- ;)

But CMH is a BIG organization compared to them --

And if the new Husky spares are a problem --just order from A KTM dealer as many part numbers will be the same  ::)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 03:19:38 pm by blazes »
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline alanB

• Vendors
  • Forum Whore
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2013, 03:21:49 pm »
The situation right now is a once-off because the warehouse is moving from Italy-Austria.
Husqvarna '09 610TE - Great Bike!

I just finished a SciFi novel Extinction: Task Team, download the preview.

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2013, 03:28:36 pm »
The situation right now is a once-off because the warehouse is moving from Italy-Austria.

Agreed --and if the Italians lost out --TOUGH -- the only place money comes before work --is in the dictionary --

Exciting times ahead --for racing and the brand ---
And as for me --not a DS Bike to buy

Think I am going to buy a triumph and build me a Desert Sled  ::)
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • President T7 fanclub
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2013, 03:38:19 pm »
Although I am frustratingly sitting and waiting for spares I do not mind supporting one dealer even if it is only Primrose. I drove out there once (great trek from Pretoria but anyway) and found them a pleasant lot to deal with. Might even be a family owned business ? They certainly look very keen and I was greeted at the door and the parts salesman knew his stuff. Some bike shops you first need to explain to the oke behind the counter what a motorcycle is. They stuck to their guns and seem quite keen on Cagiva and Husky, this whole buying and selling of brands must make it difficult for them too.
Little by little, one travels far

J.R.R Tolkien
Ride reports :
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=134175.0 Penge's pass and the Old Forest http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=9421.0 - Orange Atlantic adventure http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=7514.0 - 805 km day trip http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=20260.0 - East Cape Bash http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=70199.0 - Two KTM thumpers head north

Offline sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • President T7 fanclub
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2013, 03:39:52 pm »

Agreed --and if the Italians lost out --TOUGH -- the only place money comes before work --is in the dictionary --

But they do build pretty stuff when they are not snoozing or drinking some red wine  :biggrin:

J.R.R Tolkien
Ride reports :
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=134175.0 Penge's pass and the Old Forest http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=9421.0 - Orange Atlantic adventure http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=7514.0 - 805 km day trip http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=20260.0 - East Cape Bash http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=70199.0 - Two KTM thumpers head north

Offline alanB

• Vendors
  • Forum Whore
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2013, 03:40:22 pm »
Your argument about spares availability/price is related to your personal experiences, and are not exactly facts.

PS those were the facts as I experienced them - not sure how that makes them not facts???

But anyway, I think you understand my point.  No point in getting bogged down.

But as you say I don't really care where Husky's are sold, provided the spares are available and the prices reasonable  :thumleft:

So far that's been the case.

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2013, 03:53:04 pm »

But they do build pretty stuff when they are not snoozing or drinking some red wine  :biggrin:

They do unfortunately ---

But they like pinching the ladies bums as well -- ::)
Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2013, 03:58:04 pm »
Although I am frustratingly sitting and waiting for spares I do not mind supporting one dealer even if it is only Primrose. I drove out there once (great trek from Pretoria but anyway) and found them a pleasant lot to deal with. Might even be a family owned business ? They certainly look very keen and I was greeted at the door and the parts salesman knew his stuff. Some bike shops you first need to explain to the oke behind the counter what a motorcycle is. They stuck to their guns and seem quite keen on Cagiva and Husky, this whole buying and selling of brands must make it difficult for them too.

Hmmm and Why did you not ask me for a waterpump ????? could have loaned you a secondhand one until you came right ----

But that's ok --will keep my spare motor and spares for a rainy day ---  ::)

Crank bearing kaputt --- but will strip all the good stuff out --its a SM but same motor 06 ---
Current Scooters --

Offline dirtWarp

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • I crash like a champ!
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2013, 03:59:17 pm »
Yes I phrased that incorrectly; the fact that you experience something in a certain way, doesn't make that the norm for everybody else.
 ;)

Yes Blazes you are right, one can simply buy the Husky parts from KTM anyway so what's my point really  :imaposer:

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2013, 04:03:23 pm »
Yes I phrased that incorrectly; the fact that you experience something in a certain way, doesn't make that the norm for everybody else.
 ;)

Yes Blazes you are right, one can simply buy the Husky parts from KTM anyway so what's my point really  :imaposer:

Yep and we getting a new KTM Dealer just down the road from us --come January  ;)
Current Scooters --

Offline sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • President T7 fanclub
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2013, 04:08:46 pm »

Hmmm and Why did you not ask me for a waterpump ????? could have loaned you a secondhand one until you came right ----

But that's ok --will keep my spare motor and spares for a rainy day ---  ::)

Crank bearing kaputt --- but will strip all the good stuff out --its a SM but same motor 06 ---
My waterpump is fixed as I got an impeller from Primrose I need rockers though. Do you have a head for me  :biggrin: My rocker are worn and after removal I cannot put them back so I'm stuck and the ride is almost here  :(
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 06:15:30 pm by sidetrack »

J.R.R Tolkien
Ride reports :

Offline alanB

• Vendors
  • Forum Whore
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2013, 04:33:05 pm »

My waterpump is fixed as I got a impeller from Primrose I need rockers though. Do you have a head for me  :biggrin: My rocker are worn and after removal I cannot put them back so I'm stuck and the ride is almost here  :(

I refurbished my rockers when my engine was out recently and have the old bearings - what do you need?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 04:40:48 pm by alanB »

Offline sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • President T7 fanclub
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2013, 05:50:56 pm »
I need the 4 x bushes that sits inside the rockers. I removed mine from the rockers, will post pics soon

My waterpump is fixed as I got a impeller from Primrose I need rockers though. Do you have a head for me  :biggrin: My rocker are worn and after removal I cannot put them back so I'm stuck and the ride is almost here  :(

I refurbished my rockers when my engine was out recently and have the old bearings - what do you need?

J.R.R Tolkien
Ride reports :

Offline alanB

• Vendors
  • Forum Whore
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2013, 06:07:39 pm »
Does that mean no comment?

I'm saying you are welcome to use my old bearings if you want they aren't buggered.

Offline sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • President T7 fanclub
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2013, 06:14:34 pm »
Does that mean no comment?

I'm saying you are welcome to use my old bearings if you want they aren't buggered.
Was trying to post pics from my cell, my bearings are fine - bushes are buggered. Notice they are split units. From the factory the split was fitted to face down towards the motor inside the rocker this is also where most of the wear took place. I wonder if they need to be installed that way for a reason or can the split point in any direction ?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 06:19:56 pm by sidetrack »

J.R.R Tolkien
Ride reports :

Offline alanB

• Vendors
  • Forum Whore
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2013, 06:39:56 pm »
Oh OK

Unfortunately I don't have the old bushes.

Also just checked, while Conrad gave me back the old roller bearings he did pull them to pieces removing them, so cant actually help.

Pity.

Offline alanB

• Vendors
  • Forum Whore
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2013, 07:52:18 am »
From the factory the split was fitted to face down towards the motor inside the rocker this is also where most of the wear took place. I wonder if they need to be installed that way for a reason or can the split point in any direction ?

Look I don't know for certain, but if you think about the forces on the rocker,, then having the split at the bottom does seem wrong.

Offline Mikedabike

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2013, 08:41:43 am »
"Yep and we getting a new KTM Dealer just down the road from us --come January"

Name and owners of the new dealership Blazes??
"if your life were to flash before your eyes make sure it is worth watching"