Detour: Southern Africa - the movie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KiLRoy

You said it, man. Nobody fucks with the Jesus!
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Dominic and friends decided to start a d/s biking series (for television) in the Going Nowhere Slowly - mould.

He asked the forum for support and we thought exactly 1/1000 of a second about it.  I mean - doing d/s rides around southern Africa with WD people, and having a telly series about - WHY NOT.

So, I'm setting up a 'Detour: Southern Africa'  - the movie' board (under About South Africa) where him and his team can chat and go bananas.  Oppad shall be the moderator.

Please support them - we do.....

Herewith his email, I'm sure he will answer your questions and communicate their intentions in more detail in this thread - I'll post the link soon...

Cheers and good luck
Hein

So many have talked about it. The idea of producing a dual-sport adventure biking television series isn't a new one, but it hasn't been done to any extent in South (or Southern) Africa - and not by local riders with a passion for out-of-the-way places.

Detour: Southern Africa will be just that. Adventure biking, travel, tourism, culture and a whole bunch of humour are just some of the ingedients ready to be served up by Producers David Moore (Going Nowhere Slowly) and Dominic Morel (WD's own Detourer). Joining Detourer on the ride of a lifetime will be two extraordinary WildDog members: the ever-humourous 'mountainboy' (a.k.a Shameel Ho-Kim) and the wise-beyond-his-years 'Oppad' (Jan Taljaard). It's this team that will attempt to ride Southern Africa stukend in an effort to bring you the best rides, routes, roads and the incredible attractions along the way.

Like David Moore says: "Go big! Go AFRICA!"