Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: E-Tolls go live - 3 December 2013  (Read 63239 times)

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
Re: E-Tolls go live - 3 December 2013
« Reply #320 on: November 26, 2013, 02:46:41 pm »
Win win win win. Ff's I meant W I N
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Triumph (all models)
  • What me worry?
« Reply #321 on: November 26, 2013, 03:12:33 pm »
Viva Bundu Viva ......we love u brother....

if u rebels win then I will doff my cap and say I was wrong ....simple, even in my ignorant fear I can admit to my errors

but remember, placing an additional fuel levy is not a win hey, cos then you still paying for roads you already paid for etc as per your argument....
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 03:14:35 pm by IceCreamMan »
Born to lose, live to win!!

Offline PierreO

« Reply #322 on: November 26, 2013, 03:18:08 pm »
Are you serious ? Have even been following this in the news ? Do you know what the collection costs of E-toll will be compared to fuel levy ? 

if u rebels win then I will doff my cap and say I was wrong ....simple, even in my ignorant fear I can admit to my errors

but remember, placing an additional fuel levy is not a win hey, cos then you still paying for roads you already paid for etc as per your argument....

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Grey hound
  • What me worry?
« Reply #323 on: November 26, 2013, 03:20:34 pm »
Are you serious ? Have even been following this in the news ? Do you know what the collection costs of E-toll will be compared to fuel levy ? 

yes, the premise put forth has been that we are paying for roads we have already paid for , not the abomination of a collection system....this has bee nthe basis of the argument so making us pay for the raods in another way is not really a victory hey ....merely a diversion cos we all know once the fuel levy is implemented it just gets increased anyway...we will still be paying for roads we already have paid for...

this would not be a victory

Offline KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • We need a strong man. Strong like Stalin
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #324 on: November 26, 2013, 03:22:00 pm »
Stand tall and brave ICM - we want to storm the Bastille.  Maybe fly a Jacobin flag to give us hope.  

First we take Manhattan, then we take Berlin....

But we'll have to tell your kid that the withered in the face of adversary when strength was required....  Come, its not to late - your the rebels, the Bastille must fall.  

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Grey hound
  • What me worry?
« Reply #325 on: November 26, 2013, 03:22:52 pm »
Stand tall and brave ICM - we want to storm the Bastille.  Maybe fly a Jacobin flag to give us hope.  

First we take Manhattan, then we take Berlin....

But we'll have to tell your kid that the withered in the face of adversary when strength was required....  Come, its not to late - your the rebels, the Bastille must fall.  

I can feel myself getting brave now.....what to do , hammer to the e tag....decisions decisions .... :biggrin:

Offline KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Gentleman Dog
« Reply #326 on: November 26, 2013, 03:26:08 pm »
Everlasting respect if you take pics of this 'burning of the flag'.  One day you may become a strong leader in the resistance :thumleft:

Offline Raka

• Vendor
  • Vendors
  • Race Dog
  • Die Dominee
« Reply #327 on: November 26, 2013, 03:28:55 pm »
 :laughing4:

k gaan my nog dood lag vandag ! :imaposer: :imaposer:

Offline mox

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Formerly knows as HONDAKAWA11
« Reply #328 on: November 26, 2013, 03:35:20 pm »

yes, the premise put forth has been that we are paying for roads we have already paid for , not the abomination of a collection system....this has bee nthe basis of the argument so making us pay for the raods in another way is not really a victory hey ....merely a diversion cos we all know once the fuel levy is implemented it just gets increased anyway...we will still be paying for roads we already have paid for...

this would not be a victory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWafWjfFNnE&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Klr 650 , Z800 - My blood is green.

Offline Go Big

• Race Dog
« Reply #329 on: November 26, 2013, 03:41:26 pm »
I am all for the resistance.

A third of people have gone and gotten the things so they will already be making money from next month. they will then slowly start following up and prosecuting the non compliant. The pressure will mount and slowly but surely they will start to win the war with people getting scared when they start getting handed over. Word will spread and the masses will cave over time. There will only be a hand full left at the end of the day and they will eventually be crushed.
Sad but true. I recon the gov can afford half of the cars to be illegal and they will still be happy with the outcome. They will set up special departments to deal with the resistance and will put resources into it. Remember when they want to they will make it work . Like SARS its a damn well oiled machine because its about income. trust me they will have this thing running like SARS soon. Hand delivered sumonses mass road blocks where they will stick you in a prison truck impound cars etc. they just have to do a few of these and the non compliant will cave.

Unfortunately this is how I see it playing out. These guys will be ready for this fight!
THE FASTER YOU GO THE MORE YOU SEE!!!

Offline J-dog

« Reply #330 on: November 26, 2013, 03:43:21 pm »
Everlasting respect if you take pics of this 'burning of the flag'.  One day you may become a strong leader in the resistance :thumleft:

the chosen one will emerge to lead the resistance against the machines.

I think it's ICM?

The chosen one is always unaware and then reluctant.

Offline KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Gentleman Dog
« Reply #331 on: November 26, 2013, 03:45:09 pm »

the chosen one will emerge to lead the resistance against the machines.

I think it's ICM?

The chosen one is always unaware and then reluctant.

Indeed - the Robespierre of the revolution.  Someone strong, a hard man - like Stalin :thumleft:

Offline J-dog

« Reply #332 on: November 26, 2013, 03:48:06 pm »

A third of people have gone and gotten the things so they will already be making money from next month. they will then slowly start following up and prosecuting the non compliant. The pressure will mount and slowly but surely they will start to win the war with people getting scared when they start getting handed over. Word will spread and the masses will cave over time. There will only be a hand full left at the end of the day and they will eventually be crushed.
Sad but true. I recon the gov can afford half of the cars to be illegal and they will still be happy with the outcome. They will set up special departments to deal with the resistance and will put resources into it. Remember when they want to they will make it work . Like SARS its a damn well oiled machine because its about income. trust me they will have this thing running like SARS soon. Hand delivered sumonses mass road blocks where they will stick you in a prison truck impound cars etc. they just have to do a few of these and the non compliant will cave.

Unfortunately this is how I see it playing out. These guys will be ready for this fight!

since when did defaulting on payments become a criminal offence?

Offline KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Gentleman Dog
« Reply #333 on: November 26, 2013, 03:49:55 pm »
Check this bully tactics - fark they are an immoral bunch.  Bring the guillotine ICM --- your buddies heads must role....

http://www.fin24.com/Economy/E-tolls-Non-registered-users-beware-20131126

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Grey hound
  • What me worry?
« Reply #334 on: November 26, 2013, 03:57:44 pm »

Go big you shweinhund ...such snivelling moronic mumblings in the face of overwhelming adversity is frowned upon by us brave wilddogs...we shall fight them from the trenches, we shall fight them from the ditches, we shall fiht them from the beaches while on holiday and we shall fight them til the last man...... which in this case will be either bundu or Kilroy taking all things into account  :biggrin:

Offline Go Big

• Race Dog
« Reply #335 on: November 26, 2013, 04:03:02 pm »

since when did defaulting on payments become a criminal offence?

Since I went to the illegal drags and got blocked in like mice in a dead end street in Deal party. They let us out one by one, armoured vehicles, big guns , loads of cops and all. ID books out, drivers licence out etc they walked along with a laptop, punched in your details ahhh outstanding fines printed a summons, marched you over to a mobile court on wheels either pay or proceed to the jail truck. Believe it because its true I know.

They will hit you with one or two big road blocks on that very highway and it will be chaos... word will spread and everyone will run and be standing in long lines to get etags. I wouldn't want that to happen to my wife and kids. But hey i live in the arm pit!!

Offline badballie

• Macum Amicum Est
  • Race Dog
  • www.bikersagainstdrugs.co.za
« Reply #336 on: November 26, 2013, 04:23:42 pm »
Go Big

Remember the doom and gloom with AARTO. How well has that been going ?

Personally I doubt that they will cope with the chaos that will hopefully follow going live 3rd Dec.

The secret here is numbers. The more people stand strong the more chance everyone have of the system failing.

But here is a win win.

Why not leave registering for now. Stick with it for one month only. It is virtually guaranteed you will not get your first invoice before a minimum of 30 days, regardless of their promise of 7 days.

If most can stick out 1 month, then you will have a clear picture of what they can and can not do and re-evaluate strategy from there.

Not much to lose with above, is there ?
Cash, Gas or Ass............ no-one rides for free :-)

I did it because I can, I can because I want to and I want to because you said that I couldn't !!!!!!!

Offline Go Big

• Race Dog
« Reply #337 on: November 26, 2013, 04:28:54 pm »
Dont get me wrong i want everyone to resist etc
I am just looking at the reality of the whole thing.

Remember they have made no money off this so far. They will rake in millions and i mean millions in the first month or two. They will be more than willing to use this to fight revolutionaries! It will go a long way!

Ok so what to do?
Tear down the cameras etc get super militant on their asses. Burn them down spray paint them  take out the cables and better yet put a virus into the main program etc.

Just saying use the guillotine. :pot:

Offline ADVENTURE HUNTER

« Reply #338 on: November 26, 2013, 04:53:21 pm »
was this ever communicated? to have an account and a Etag :patch: (Picture: Sapa)

Author: Sapa Published: 26 November 2013 03:08 PM

Johannesburg - A hefty bill awaits non-registered motorists without e-toll accounts who fail to pay for e-tolling within a week.

Such an individual would end up paying nearly six times more in toll fees, according to the SA National Roads Agency Limited website.

Sanral says tariffs differ depending on whether motorists have both an e-toll account and an e-tag, or having an e-tag without an e-toll account.

Those without both would end up paying much more.

Motorists with e-toll accounts are registered, and those without are non-registered.

If a driver with a Volkswagen (Class A2) does not have an e-toll account and an e-tag, and his daily trip consists of passing the Barbet e-toll gantry on the N1 between Watermeyer and Lynnwood Road, he will have to pay R3.48, according to the website.

"However, if he does not pay within seven days of passing the Barbet e-toll gantry, he will be classified as an alternative user and would need to pay R10.44," says Sanral.

A registered e-tag user with the same vehicle, driving the exact same stretch of road will pay R1.80 if paid within a week of passing the gantry, his e-toll account is up to date, and he qualifies for the 'time of day' and 'frequent user' discount.

A registered VLN user driving the same vehicle on the same stretch of road will pay R3.48 because he does not have an e-tag.

"Because he is registered, is paying within seven days of passing the Barbet e-toll gantry, and his e-toll account is up-to-date, he qualifies for the time of day discount," said Sanral on the website.

A non-registered e-tag user will pay R3.48 with the same vehicle on the same stretch of road.

The agency said should a road user not have an e-toll account, or a day pass, the motorist can pay within a seven day grace period from the time he or she passed the gantry.

Insure your car with iWYZE (RSA Residents Only)

Offline alanB

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #339 on: November 26, 2013, 05:04:12 pm »

Scaring your self to death about things that might (never) happen is just self defeating IMO.

To keep perspective, we are not talking about people trying to attend an illegal drag race, we are talking about people not buying an etag, which is one VALID option available to any person - ITS NOT A BLOODY CRIME FFS!

Now the only real issue is that you face a higher bill, if they are able to finally process all the outstanding fees. 

Its amazing how people are willing to spend 100k plus  on a bike and a million plus on a car and a couple of million on a house, but hey spend a few bucks more on etolls to try and make the country a better place is suddenly some huge scary problem and just not on!

Hypocrisy?
Husqvarna '09 610TE - Great Bike!

I just finished a SciFi novel Extinction: Task Team, download the preview.