Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: E-Tolls go live - 3 December 2013  (Read 63250 times)

Online mox

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Formerly knows as HONDAKAWA11
Re: E-Tolls go live - 3 December 2013
« Reply #340 on: November 26, 2013, 05:05:37 pm »
Government and SANRAL did this all wrong. Plain and simple bully tactics.  Why should I pay more for using the same road as a registered farce? Their admin costs? Yes that's why. Well then they can charge me and try their collection costs . I will put it my way, this is not a proper tax to benefit the country nor the greater JHB area. It is simply a way to rape more funds for their fups and to fill back pockets. It may be an eventuality one day but hell I will not be launched over a stool , my trousers ripped down whilst providing vasaline so they can fuck me up the arse.

No E tag, No Pay!  
Klr 650 , Z800 - My blood is green.

Offline Ganjora

• Race Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
  • Drug War Veteran
« Reply #341 on: November 26, 2013, 05:08:15 pm »
I will not be launched over a stool , my trousers ripped down whilst providing vasaline so they can fuck me up the arse.

beautifully put.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 05:09:04 pm by Ganjora »

Offline KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • We need a strong man. Strong like Stalin
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #342 on: November 26, 2013, 05:10:38 pm »
No guys, you also need to do a situational analysis.

Yes, they can go that route - they will lose Gauteng come elections. Cosatu will fuck them up with marches. There will be violence. Can you say Marikana ?

Meantime many will take them on in the courts. There will be blood.

ICM you are speculating about what may happen. Dont capitulate based on assumptions, what ifs, and fears....at least capitulate on facts.....and grow some balls. Africa is not for sissies ;)

Online mox

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Formerly knows as HONDAKAWA11
« Reply #343 on: November 26, 2013, 05:19:54 pm »
No guys, you also need to do a situational analysis.

Yes, they can go that route - they will lose Gauteng come elections. Cosatu will fuck them up with marches. There will be violence. Can you say Marikana ?

Meantime many will take them on in the courts. There will be blood.

ICM you are speculating about what may happen. Dont capitulate based on assumptions, what ifs, and fears....at least capitulate on facts.....and grow some balls. Africa is not for sissies ;)
in ways I agree and the most valid point here in my mind is for saffers regardless to stand together and fight again. No it is not a struggle of a national and human rights proportion, but it can define us. What is wrong is wrong. And etolls are fundamentally wrong . My fear, if we loose this battle now without serious resistance, what happens next, a precedent has been set and government can legally act in their favour. We still have as a collective to move things. That is what government are forgetting.
Klr 650 , Z800 - My blood is green.

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #344 on: November 26, 2013, 06:03:43 pm »
it is a complete fark up , hasnt been planned properly , and is purely to serve the thieving locusts  , period
my route to work ,  from atlas on ramp N12 off at edenvale off ramp ,  three additional off ramps in between ,  toll gantry is just after atlas on ramp ..... soo  the oke that gets off at the first off ramp after the gantry ( east rand mall)  will be charged the same as i am , getting off at edenvale  ..........  uhmmmm  i ride 5 times the distance as he does and he pays the same as me ????????  uhmmmm  fukk off SANRAL and cANCer
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline Bundu

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #345 on: November 26, 2013, 06:20:19 pm »
It's gonna be interesting to see when the 1st person gets taken to court and the amount of public and legal support the person will get

and YES, the benefits of winning this fight against the ANC will be far greater than just the killing of the e-tolls and that makes it even more important that people should stand together
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 06:57:51 pm by Bundu »

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #346 on: November 26, 2013, 06:22:03 pm »
So I wont get an e-tag, and I wont register for e-tol. So yes, IF they finally prove that it was my car / bike that passed under their gantry, then I will pay the higher price. Eventually, after I have procrastinated such payment as far as the law allows me.

It will be a bitter pill to swallow, paying so much more. But I will make a plan, I'll drink less, I'll smoke less, or I will take the wife out for dinner one less time a month.

Revolution isn't cheap, blood money has to be spilled. And I'm willing to make that sacrifice.
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline Bundu

• Grey hound
« Reply #347 on: November 26, 2013, 06:59:49 pm »
So I wont get an e-tag, and I wont register for e-tol. So yes, IF they finally prove that it was my car / bike that passed under their gantry, then I will pay the higher price. Eventually, after I have procrastinated such payment as far as the law allows me.

It will be a bitter pill to swallow, paying so much more. But I will make a plan, I'll drink less, I'll smoke less, or I will take the wife out for dinner one less time a month.

Revolution isn't cheap, blood money has to be spilled. And I'm willing to make that sacrifice.

:thumleft:
I doubt if it will carry on very long, especially taking the legal challenges they will face into consideration

Offline Ganjora

• Race Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
  • Drug War Veteran
« Reply #348 on: November 26, 2013, 07:12:04 pm »
and in more exciting e-toll news,  sanral has spent 3.3 BILLION OF OUR FUCKING RANDS IRREGULARLY...
http://www.iol.co.za/business/news/sanral-spent-r3-3bn-irregularly-says-ag-1.1612213#.UpTV88TPV5c

Offline Bundu

• Grey hound
« Reply #349 on: November 26, 2013, 07:46:19 pm »
and in more exciting e-toll news,  sanral has spent 3.3 BILLION OF OUR FUCKING RANDS IRREGULARLY...
http://www.iol.co.za/business/news/sanral-spent-r3-3bn-irregularly-says-ag-1.1612213#.UpTV88TPV5c

just like SAA and SABC they have unlimited funds - our money

about time we tell them all to get fucked :deal:

Offline RedWolf

« Reply #350 on: November 26, 2013, 08:19:31 pm »

+10000000000000000,

And after a few months of resistance if the weak gives in and this thing goes through, I'll just remove my number plate and speed off if they try to stop me..
Trust that little voice in your head that says 'Wouldn't it be interesting if...'; And then do it.

Offline alanB

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #351 on: November 27, 2013, 07:01:53 am »
One of the things that pisses me off about this country is how business leaders do not speak out about the problems in the country - they all suck up to the government "in case their government contracts or what ever get affected". 

Business leaders dont realise they are citizens of this country just like everyone else and have a moral duty to use ther leardership positions to influence the future of the country - instead of just paying themselves big salaries and ignoring whats going on.

This was not the case in the past where business leaders had the balls to stand and say what they thought about the country and the way it was run.

Case in point:

http://www.iol.co.za/business/companies/avis-supports-e-tolls-1.1612704

I personally will not use AVIS as long as this in the case - fark them  >:(
Husqvarna '09 610TE - Great Bike!

I just finished a SciFi novel Extinction: Task Team, download the preview.

Offline MegaPix

« Reply #352 on: November 27, 2013, 07:28:25 am »
My eerlike opinie...

Na 'n paar maande gaan almal tags he en ons gaan vergeet van al die blaaie se bitch en moan... HOEKOM?

Want ons kan nie saamstaan as 'n nasie nie en nog minder die witman .

Jammer maar ek het gister in 'n bestuursvergadering gesę ons moet nie dat die óns onderkry nie, maar as die baas slapgat is kan mens niks aan die saak doen nie.  Nou moet almal tags kry en asb tog nie veroorsaak dat iets geblok word op enige stelsel nie.

Hulle worry net oor die besigheid maar dink nie regtig verder aan die impak wat dit het op kostes ens nie.
Kobus Schoeman
www.ksphoto.co.za
Highveld, CENTURION 
Bike:  First ever - Big Boy 200  XTG, KLR 650, latest buy... Suzuki DL650 V Strom ***SOLD***

Offline Go Big

• Race Dog
« Reply #353 on: November 27, 2013, 07:41:49 am »
I am all for the resistance.

A third of people have gone and gotten the things so they will already be making money from next month. they will then slowly start following up and prosecuting the non compliant. The pressure will mount and slowly but surely they will start to win the war with people getting scared when they start getting handed over. Word will spread and the masses will cave over time. There will only be a hand full left at the end of the day and they will eventually be crushed.
Sad but true. I recon the gov can afford half of the cars to be illegal and they will still be happy with the outcome. They will set up special departments to deal with the resistance and will put resources into it. Remember when they want to they will make it work . Like SARS its a damn well oiled machine because its about income. trust me they will have this thing running like SARS soon. Hand delivered sumonses mass road blocks where they will stick you in a prison truck impound cars etc. they just have to do a few of these and the non compliant will cave.

Unfortunately this is how I see it playing out. These guys will be ready for this fight!

Scaring your self to death about things that might (never) happen is just self defeating IMO.

To keep perspective, we are not talking about people trying to attend an illegal drag race, we are talking about people not buying an etag, which is one VALID option available to any person - ITS NOT A BLOODY CRIME FFS!

Now the only real issue is that you face a higher bill, if they are able to finally process all the outstanding fees. 

Its amazing how people are willing to spend 100k plus  on a bike and a million plus on a car and a couple of million on a house, but hey spend a few bucks more on etolls to try and make the country a better place is suddenly some huge scary problem and just not on!

Hypocrisy?

To keep perspective

Illegal drags was not what was being discussed it was the fact that everyone there was caught on a technicality if they had broken the law by not paying fines, having unroadworthy cars etc. Nobody was had for being or taking part in the drags. Same as the e tolls. If you don't pay you are breaking the law and you will be caught at some stage. You will be living in fear of getting pulled over at a road block etc. Remember they will have the law on their side, if you chose to fight it then so be it.
THE FASTER YOU GO THE MORE YOU SEE!!!

Offline alanB

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #354 on: November 27, 2013, 07:47:03 am »
My eerlike opinie...

Na 'n paar maande gaan almal tags he en ons gaan vergeet van al die blaaie se bitch en moan... HOEKOM?

Want ons kan nie saamstaan as 'n nasie nie en nog minder die witman .

Jammer maar ek het gister in 'n bestuursvergadering gesę ons moet nie dat die óns onderkry nie, maar as die baas slapgat is kan mens niks aan die saak doen nie.  Nou moet almal tags kry en asb tog nie veroorsaak dat iets geblok word op enige stelsel nie.

Hulle worry net oor die besigheid maar dink nie regtig verder aan die impak wat dit het op kostes ens nie.

Its up to us to start changing that stupidity, its our future nobody elses.  What are you going to say to your kids one day when they ask why you just stood by and did nothing?

Why does everyone keep repeating the South Africans cant stand together - where did that crap come from?

Its nonsense - unless you insist on believing it!

Any one saying that is actually admitting that they wont consider it.  

People like OUTA and the support they ar getting have shown its crap.

Too many people making themselves powerless here - its just stupid!
Husqvarna '09 610TE - Great Bike!

I just finished a SciFi novel Extinction: Task Team, download the preview.

Offline Kaboef

• Jedi Knight
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
    • CFO Consult SA
« Reply #355 on: November 27, 2013, 07:51:44 am »
The side with the most money and time always wins.
In this case it's SANRAL.

And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy."

www.cfoconsult.co.za

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #356 on: November 27, 2013, 07:54:07 am »
The side with the most money and time always wins.
In this case it's SANRAL.

Well, they may win, in the end.

But am sure as blazes not going down without a fight  :patch:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • We need a strong man. Strong like Stalin
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #357 on: November 27, 2013, 08:02:50 am »
Not as simple as that in this case Kaboef.  It will cost them votes. Something they dont like losing.

This is not a fight against tolls. This is a fight against blatant corruption, thieving and arrogant self-enriching government officials.  This is saying enough is enough and we, the public, can stop corruption. We will not allow you to steal our money with tolls to line your own pockets.

I agree with the total spinelessness of big business in SA. The are all ANC cock suckers.

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Triumph (all models)
  • What me worry?
« Reply #358 on: November 27, 2013, 08:11:55 am »
tremember when tolls were first implemented an how cross we all were ...and how we were going to fight the regering to the knees

then remember when GST was first implemented, how the volk were going to fight tooth an nail , retreat to the laager an fock op die regering...

but I digress.....

all though using metphors bout getting bum shagged with or without Vaseline.....well okes I got news for you ek se. ... :pot:
Born to lose, live to win!!

Offline badballie

• Macum Amicum Est
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • www.bikersagainstdrugs.co.za
« Reply #359 on: November 27, 2013, 08:12:20 am »
Cash, Gas or Ass............ no-one rides for free :-)

I did it because I can, I can because I want to and I want to because you said that I couldn't !!!!!!!