Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: E-Tolls go live - 3 December 2013  (Read 55205 times)

Offline badballie

• Macum Amicum Est
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • www.bikersagainstdrugs.co.za
Re: E-Tolls go live - 3 December 2013
« Reply #720 on: December 03, 2013, 08:41:08 pm »
Alliance against urban tolling statement at 5pm today that their in-situ electronic sensors confirm 985 322 vehicles passed through William Nicol gantry, only 1339 of them were SANRAL registered with an e-tag. This is a massive setback for SANRAL.

So where are that million users hiding  ;D
Cash, Gas or Ass............ no-one rides for free :-)

I did it because I can, I can because I want to and I want to because you said that I couldn't !!!!!!!

Offline Manic

• CE
  • Vendors
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #721 on: December 03, 2013, 08:42:20 pm »
Think that is more than just a Massive setback.

More like a Massive fuckup  :imaposer:   :imaposer:
1250 HP GSA
H2 Supercharged
990 SM

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #722 on: December 03, 2013, 08:47:45 pm »
Alliance against urban tolling statement at 5pm today that their in-situ electronic sensors confirm 985 322 vehicles passed through William Nicol gantry, only 1339 of them were SANRAL registered with an e-tag. This is a massive setback for SANRAL.

I doubt that's true - sounds too good to be

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #723 on: December 04, 2013, 04:17:55 am »
Haha I had to share this>

So my father in Law got all the moer in when we said we would never support e-toll. He was arguing that the road users should pay for the improved service, etc. etc. and went and bought a tag months ago.

Today the Mrs tells me he is the moer in because he has been charged R80.00 so far for going through the Zambesi toll...the thing is he has only been through it 3 times and it shouldn't cost nearly as much. The real question is that he has no recourse to argue the amount billed.... another can of worms.

Not much sympathy from my side, because he was warned ;D.
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline Wild Hearted Son

• Bike: Honda XL1000V Varadero
  • Sandton
    • Harleyparts Online
« Reply #724 on: December 04, 2013, 07:21:51 am »
from SANRAL website :

Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) will be rolled out to all existing toll
plazas within South Africa over the coming years
. Wherever road users see the e-tag sign, they will be able to use their registered e-tag to pay the required toll fee(s).

read it & weep

http://www.sanral.co.za/e-toll/index.php?gort_xml+template~~menu/main~~L1_2070~~ENG~~~~~~
"...I was born to the city
But I longed to roam free..." - The Cult, Wild Hearted Son, 1991
http://www.harleyparts.online/ds/

Offline Pistonpete

• Shop Mods
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Live to Ride...Ride to Live
« Reply #725 on: December 04, 2013, 07:30:10 am »
'Routine is the thief of time'

Offline alanB

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #726 on: December 04, 2013, 07:50:38 am »
I drove under 2 gantries today. Just checked via e toll website and it says 3 entries???

How do you check this on the website?  Just browsed around and cant find any options for that.
Husqvarna '09 610TE - Great Bike!

I just finished a SciFi novel Extinction: Task Team, download the preview.

Offline badballie

• Macum Amicum Est
  • www.bikersagainstdrugs.co.za
« Reply #727 on: December 04, 2013, 07:54:35 am »
I drove under 2 gantries today. Just checked via e toll website and it says 3 entries???

How do you check this on the website?  Just browsed around and cant find any options for that.

Check here https://www.sanral.co.za/e-toll/portal/PayTollFeesUnregisteredUsers.aspx

But that link changes between this view and registered user log in page so try until you get to the page where you put in your reg no
Cash, Gas or Ass............ no-one rides for free :-)

I did it because I can, I can because I want to and I want to because you said that I couldn't !!!!!!!

Offline alanB

• Forum Whore
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #728 on: December 04, 2013, 08:08:22 am »
What we need is a standardised dispute form which we can send then if and when we get our bill.

Any lawyers here willing to draw something up?

Offline Vintage_Mania

« Reply #729 on: December 04, 2013, 08:24:13 am »
And so starts the raping.....

This is for 1 day to work and back and this morning to work. I get 1 gantry on my way in and 2 on my way back. Travel less than 10km on "their" road. Still gonna cost R320 a month!!! Fukc em!

People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day. And doing nothing often leads to the very best kind of something.

Offline Rooikat

• Bike: Honda XR500
  • Honda XL500S
« Reply #730 on: December 04, 2013, 08:32:07 am »
We are going to make this fail! Excerpt from OUTA on Facebook:

1 million motorists refuse to pay eTolls 92,599 like this.
11 hours ago

Alliance against urban tolling statement at 5pm today that their in-situ electronic sensors confirm 985 322 vehicles passed through William Nicol gantry, only 1339 of them were SANRAL registered with an e-tag.

DON"T CAVE IN NOW PEOPLE. WE WILL WIN THIS!
    2,724Like Share
        Top Comments
        4,391 people like this.

Ntsako Anti-Sober Chauke
Forget the middle finger this my fellow citizens is a legend....
        Ntsako Anti-Sober Chauke's photo.
        Like Reply 158 11 hours ago via mobile
            1 million motorists refuse to pay eTolls replied 19 Replies 22 minutes ago
...........................................................................................
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 08:35:05 am by Rooikat »
"The only reason for cleaning things is if you want to mount, frame and hang them in your living room" - The famous CJC

"The older I get, the better I was."

"I don't care a f*** what it looks like, as long as it works" - The famous CJC

Online RobC

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #731 on: December 04, 2013, 08:34:04 am »

This is for 1 day to work and back and this morning to work. I get 1 gantry on my way in and 2 on my way back. Travel less than 10km on "their" road. Still gonna cost R320 a month!!! Fukc em!

How does the person who has no internet access have the opportunity to pay within 7 days?
This is grossly unfair and discriminatory.

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
« Reply #732 on: December 04, 2013, 08:37:23 am »
I was dissapointed that my bill had not been sent before I got home last night :( now I only have 6 days left to pay , and its not my fault I dirrent get the bill ontime.  Ohhhhhhh. Sigh , what am I gonna do now :( 
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Online RobC

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #733 on: December 04, 2013, 08:39:38 am »
I was dissapointed that my bill had not been sent before I got home last night :( now I only have 6 days left to pay , and its not my fault I dirrent get the bill ontime.  Ohhhhhhh. Sigh , what am I gonna do now :( 
Ja! I mean really! the post office should have done their part by now! :deal: >:D

Offline MTK

« Reply #734 on: December 04, 2013, 08:44:11 am »
Proudly E-Toll Free

F...k em

2014 ktm 1190 R.1 x KTM 690 R Enduro,1 x Ex KTM990 EFI.. Ex Husaberg 300, 1 x Ex Yamaha R6, Ex KTM 950/ Ex KTM640/ Ex VFR800/Ex KTM250XCW/ Ex KawaKX250/ ExKDX200

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
« Reply #735 on: December 04, 2013, 08:44:35 am »
Ja! I mean really! the post office should have done their part by now! :deal: >:D

Egggzacertly
I wonder if Nazi is going to threaten the PO with legal action now that they have fukked up my willingness to comply with scumral's requirements of paying within 7 days.
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline alanB

• Forum Whore
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #736 on: December 04, 2013, 08:45:22 am »
OK Day 1 - here are my conclusions:

1)  These toll schemes seem to have quite a dismal track record worldwide and many fail mostly because users either dont pay or minimise their exposure tp them, once the bills start racking up.  So on balance of probabilities this thing is going to fail anyway, we just need to help it along to speed up the process.

2) Many people are nervous and are trying to find a safe option.  Understandable.  But they also need to realise that there is no protection from a bully (which is what our government has become) other than standing up to him/it.  This government is intent on continually trying to squeeze more money out of its citizens, that's very clear.  Until those citizens say "enough" and actually mean it, that squeezing will continue and intensify IMO.  Also the government is becoming increasingly arrogant as each step it takes meets with little or no resistance.  The dissatisfaction about etolls is the first murmurings of an unhappy population - the governments response has been aggressive.  If we don't stop them now and make them think again, then you can expect that response to get more aggressive and arrogant in the future.  So what I am trying to say is taking the safe option now may not be that safe, you are just putting off the issue, and when you finally decide to say enough, its probably going to be harder then - that's my honest view.

3) SANRAL is trying very hard to project this as a success and everyone is getting worried about whether they are "winning" or not (after only one day  ::)).  But if we just remember all we need to do is simply do nothing (dont buy a tag and resist payment, or cancel your agreement with them) - they simply cant win!  They can bluster all they are worth.  It US who have to make this system work, not them.  Its failed in many other countries for exactly that reason.  We don't have to go along with this if we dont want to - it really is that simple.

Offline Dwerg

« Reply #737 on: December 04, 2013, 09:40:53 am »

Hoe het jy by daai in gekom? Oral waar ek probeer kyk moet ek eers registreer
Current: KTM 690R
Previous: KTM 790ADV, 640ADV, 950ADV, 250XCW BMW F650GS Single, F650GS Twin, F800GS, G450X, R50/2 Honda CRF450X, CRF230 x 2, VFR400 NC30, Z50 Mini Trail Yamaha BWS100 x 2, LB80 Chappy

Offline Dwerg

« Reply #738 on: December 04, 2013, 09:43:32 am »

Hoe het jy by daai in gekom? Oral waar ek probeer kyk moet ek eers registreer

Toemaar het hom

https://www.sanral.co.za/e-toll/portal/PayTollFeesUnregisteredUsers.aspx
Current: KTM 690R
Previous: KTM 790ADV, 640ADV, 950ADV, 250XCW BMW F650GS Single, F650GS Twin, F800GS, G450X, R50/2 Honda CRF450X, CRF230 x 2, VFR400 NC30, Z50 Mini Trail Yamaha BWS100 x 2, LB80 Chappy

Offline TVB

• Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
« Reply #739 on: December 04, 2013, 10:03:44 am »
Iets wat ek nogal geniet het:

Analogy on the Facebook site of Helen Zille, the Premier of the Western Cape.
"I bought a bird feeder. I hung it on my back porch and filled it with seed.

What a beauty of a bird feeder it was, as I filled it lovingly with seed.
Within a week we had hundreds of birds taking advantage of the continuous flow of free and easily accessible food.
But then the birds started building nests in the boards of the patio, above the table, and next to the barbecue. Then came the poop. It was
everywhere: on the patio tiles, the chairs, the table, everywhere!
Then some of the birds turned mean. They would dive bomb me and try to peck me even though I had fed them out of my own pocket. And others birds were boisterous and loud. They sat on the feeder and squawked and screamed at all hours of the day and night and demanded that I fill it when it got low on food.
After a while, I couldn't even sit on my own back porch anymore. So I took down the bird feeder and in three days the birds were gone.
I cleaned up their mess and took down the many nests they had built all over the patio.
Soon, the back yard was like it used to be .. quiet, serene.. and no one demanding their rights to a free meal.
Now let's see.
Our government gives out free food, subsidized housing, free medical care and free education, and allows anyone born here to be an automatic citizen.
Then the illegals came by the tens of thousands.
Suddenly our taxes went up to pay for free services; small apartments are housing 5 families; you have to wait 6 hours to be seen by an emergency room doctor; your child's second grade class is behind other schools because over half the class doesn't speak English. Corn Flakes now come in a bilingual box; I have to 'press one' to hear my bank talk to me in English, and people waving flags other than our flag are squawking and screaming in the streets, demanding more rights and free liberties.
Just my opinion, but maybe it's time for the government to take down the bird feeder.
If you agree, pass it on; if not, continue cleaning up the poop."