Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: E-Tolls go live - 3 December 2013  (Read 53260 times)

Offline Cracker

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
Re: E-Tolls go live - 3 December 2013
« Reply #980 on: February 10, 2014, 01:20:28 pm »
I decided to get an e-tag this past weekend.

My wife and I went to the R21 Sanral office and got the shock of our lives. My wife commutes from Pomona on ramp to Malibongwe road every week day and her outstanding account for the past 7 week's usage came to R3900. Now i am all against this system but who is going to help us pay this in 10 months time when they force us. Then we sit with an outstanding amount of R24000 just for one car and the longer you wait the more penalties you pay.

My outstanding balance was almost R1500. There were a bunch of people in the Sanral office with us that were getting their outstanding invoices and overheard one lady with an outstanding balance of R9000 for 3 cars. I definitely underestimated this system. They are very jacked up and already had all our personal information. Just by giving them my car registration they told me what make/model and color it was. They even had my 990 with all the correct info. You even get a magnetic weatherproof pouch for your bike and some handlebar mounts. All for R50, must cost them much more then that.

We then opened our e-toll accounts with them and got massive discounts. My wife ended up paying R1700 and I paid R700. This already made us want to cry as we did not budget for this. People can say what they want, your outstanding balance isn't just going to magically disappear and the DA is not going to win the election. We are both in the fortunate position that both our companies contribute about 80% per month if we use an e-tag. So I am not going to be stupid about this.

You do realise the legacy we will leave for our kids and their kids, forever, if this e-toll thing is allowed to carry on?

Well done comrade  ::)
Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #981 on: February 10, 2014, 02:21:10 pm »
Baaaahhhummbug

Pfffft

Cry my beloved country
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline J-dog

• Bike: Boss Hoss (all models)
« Reply #982 on: February 10, 2014, 05:15:09 pm »

My wife and I went to the R21 Sanral office and got the shock of our lives. My wife commutes from Pomona on ramp to Malibongwe road every week day and her outstanding account for the past 7 week's usage came to R3900. Now i am all against this system but who is going to help us pay this in 10 months time when they force us. Then we sit with an outstanding amount of R24000 just for one car and the longer you wait the more penalties you pay.

My outstanding balance was almost R1500. There were a bunch of people in the Sanral office with us that were getting their outstanding invoices and overheard one lady with an outstanding balance of R9000 for 3 cars. I definitely underestimated this system. They are very jacked up and already had all our personal information. Just by giving them my car registration they told me what make/model and color it was. They even had my 990 with all the correct info. You even get a magnetic weatherproof pouch for your bike and some handlebar mounts. All for R50, must cost them much more then that.

We then opened our e-toll accounts with them and got massive discounts. My wife ended up paying R1700 and I paid R700. This already made us want to cry as we did not budget for this. People can say what they want, your outstanding balance isn't just going to magically disappear and the DA is not going to win the election. We are both in the fortunate position that both our companies contribute about 80% per month if we use an e-tag. So I am not going to be stupid about this.

that ain't going to happen if everyone says fuck e-toll.

so sad to see people capitulating.

Offline Kneeslider

• Bike: AJS (all models)
    • Classic Cycle Cabin
« Reply #983 on: February 10, 2014, 06:29:17 pm »
So typical...... >:(
Phaaaaaaa, let me rather shut up, before I earn a holiday. :patch:

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #984 on: February 10, 2014, 06:56:02 pm »
very sad indeed!  :xxbah:

many people seem unable to do any strategic thinking at all - what will it take for them to take a stand? a full on arse-rape?

Offline Offshore

« Reply #985 on: February 10, 2014, 07:03:03 pm »

You do realise the legacy we will leave for our kids and their kids, forever, if this e-toll thing is allowed to carry on?Well done comrade  ::)
I like the way you think :thumleft:

Offline DeeCeeBee

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • Tasmania - Australia
« Reply #986 on: February 11, 2014, 07:40:48 am »

You make it sound like such a bargain to be shafted dry...
BRP...now joined by Africa Twin Adv Sport

Offline alanB

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #987 on: February 11, 2014, 07:49:47 am »
While you do get the odd person caving in, I'm amazed at how many people have adopted the "Fark them" approach.  Many people who I would have thought would have just done what they were told have just dug their heels in.

All with exactly the same sentiment - "why should we willingly fund government greed and corruption, its enough now!".

SANRAL and the government are hoping that most people will finally capitulate after holding out a while. 

But we aren't going to, are we?
Husqvarna '09 610TE - Great Bike!

I just finished a SciFi novel Extinction: Task Team, download the preview.

Offline KiLRoy

• A serious man...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • You said it, man. Nobody fucks with Jesus Quintana
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #988 on: February 11, 2014, 07:56:38 am »

Fark, this sounds like an infomercial. Do you work for them or do you get paid to advertise this shit.

You are gutless and a nihilist. You are the reason corruption flourish in SA. Instead of standing up and standing in solidarity with your fellow SAners you choose to only think of yourself instead of what is morally wrong and right.

Cowards make me sick.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 02:55:06 pm by KiLRoy »

Offline Ganjora

« Reply #989 on: February 11, 2014, 07:59:27 am »
Fark, this sounds like an infomertial. Do you work for them or do you get paid to advertise this shit.

You are gutless and a nihelist. You are the reason corruption flourish in SA. Instead of standing up and standing in solidarity with your fellow SAners you choose to only think of yourself instead of what is morally wrong and right.

Cowards make me sick.

be a man, 
take a stand,
and ban him.

Offline J-dog

• Bike: Boss Hoss (all models)
« Reply #990 on: February 11, 2014, 08:19:01 am »

Fark, this sounds like an infomertial. Do you work for them or do you get paid to advertise this shit.

You are gutless and a nihelist. You are the reason corruption flourish in SA. Instead of standing up and standing in solidarity with your fellow SAners you choose to only think of yourself instead of what is morally wrong and right.

Cowards make me sick.

:imaposer: :imaposer:

true

Offline Chukudeer

« Reply #991 on: February 11, 2014, 08:34:39 am »

Cowards make me sick.

:imaposer: :imaposer:

true

Exzacly. This reads like a propaganda letter from Scamrail.

KTM 990R
Gas Gas 300 now we cooking
Lisdectia rules ko

Offline Frog

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #992 on: February 11, 2014, 09:39:55 am »
It's the South African way. I'll look after myself and let someone else protest/fight on my behalf
Triumph Thuxton R
Triumph Bonneville T120
KTM 990R
KTM 990 Adventure (sold), BMW 650 Xchallenge (sold)
BMW 1200GSA (sold)

Offline DRAZIL

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Alpha et Omega
« Reply #993 on: February 11, 2014, 10:01:31 am »

use alternative routes and toll yourself then at the end of the year bling out your bike and say fark etoll ::)
“You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.”
Charles Manson

Offline Go Big

« Reply #994 on: February 11, 2014, 10:27:48 am »
Jeeees are you lot still doing your passive resistance thingy. Doesn't seem to be getting anywhere. But ok there is still lots of time for this resistance to crack sanral or someone to try and find another loophole to run to court with. I will pop in in a few more weeks to check progress..
THE FASTER YOU GO THE MORE YOU SEE!!!

Offline Go Big

« Reply #995 on: February 11, 2014, 10:28:16 am »
Ohh and Viva the resistance!!
THE FASTER YOU GO THE MORE YOU SEE!!!

Offline dirtyXT

« Reply #996 on: February 11, 2014, 10:40:30 am »
Jeeees are you lot still doing your passive resistance thingy. Doesn't seem to be getting anywhere. But ok there is still lots of time for this resistance to crack sanral or someone to try and find another loophole to run to court with. I will pop in in a few more weeks to check progress..
glad you are supporting us from the EC... some gees!!!  :thumleft:
Bike history:
Ital jet 50 - sold, DT 50 - scrapped - AR80 - sold DT185 - confiscated  KDX250 - sold ZZR400 - sold KX500 - XT660R Swapped for R1 YZF R1 - sold - XT660Z - current

Offline Koet

• T-Rex 700N "The Beast"!
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • Splash!
« Reply #997 on: February 11, 2014, 10:42:58 am »
glad you are supporting us from the EC... some gees!!!  :thumleft:

Yea, agreed.  I wonder what his approach will be when the start this shit in his back yard.
Only Bikers understand why dogs love to stick their heads out car windows.

Offline Sláinte Mhaith

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Husaberg (all models)
« Reply #998 on: February 11, 2014, 10:45:35 am »
use alternative routes and toll yourself then at the end of the year bling out your bike and say fark etoll ::)

Alternative roads are not really an option for regular commuters.

Offline Cracker

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #999 on: February 11, 2014, 11:25:34 am »
This is the crux of the matter to me - they're tolling the only road, the one that's always been here - at a bargain price of R450/ month - FOREVER!!!

How much do these cretins think our clerical/salaried commuters earn, FFS.

At least, with the postal strike, I've stopped receiving reams of bills. Can you imagine how that stuff must be piling up in the depots.

Fuck - You gotta love this place -  :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:
Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!