Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: E-Tolls go live - 3 December 2013  (Read 54992 times)

Offline Go Big

Re: E-Tolls go live - 3 December 2013
« Reply #820 on: December 05, 2013, 11:21:57 am »
At the moment the Australians are paying over R2 more than what I am for unleaded petrol down at the coast. Imagine how many roads you could build or how many subsidized tolls roads you could run with that money?

Its all free in Oz i tell you.
THE FASTER YOU GO THE MORE YOU SEE!!!

Offline Rooikat

• Bike: Honda XR500
  • Honda XL500S
« Reply #821 on: December 05, 2013, 11:22:29 am »
Go Big,

I lived there for a long period :-)

Tax base is large and taxes generally quite low. No need to pay for medical, security or education.

Plus cars are cheap and mortgage rates low.

Disposable income is much higher there  :3some:

Plus they don't have 20 million or so jobless to support..........

From TVB: ".............................A grou of engineers (I met one) was commisioned to go overseas and look for solutions and the best suitable systems. European tech was the way to go with European money and to secure the deal a way of proof that we can pay back massive loans was to introduce toll. ................................."

Now THAT is the real crux of the matter - what was decided by whom with Kapsch? This is what Scumral is fighting so desperately to keep secret. There are far cheaper ways to implement the "user pays" principle touted by Scumral.
"The only reason for cleaning things is if you want to mount, frame and hang them in your living room" - The famous CJC

"The older I get, the better I was."

"I don't care a f*** what it looks like, as long as it works" - The famous CJC

Offline Go Big

« Reply #822 on: December 05, 2013, 11:26:16 am »
Look what you pay to license a car or renew!! Bikes and cars the same price :o
Its expensive! Maybe all that extra they charge goes towards their roads.......

Its free in Oz man free!

WTF guys come on now.

Offline Go Big

Online punisher

• DILLIGAF
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #824 on: December 05, 2013, 11:30:36 am »
At the moment the Australians are paying over R2 more than what I am for unleaded petrol down at the coast. Imagine how many roads you could build or how many subsidized tolls roads you could run with that money?

Its all free in Oz i tell you.

Average. Anual workers salary in OZ ?
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline Go Big

« Reply #825 on: December 05, 2013, 11:46:45 am »
Ohh jeees

Just do the big mac meal comparison!

Online Bundu

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #826 on: December 05, 2013, 12:00:15 pm »

contacted Randburg signs this AM to get a price on them making a numberplate like this.
150mm x 150mm
will post the quote,  maybe,  if enough guys want one,  we can get a bulk discount.
now,  i don't ride with a plate ever,  but this WILL go on my bikes.

will the plates be bike dimensions i.e. more square

Offline Vintage_Mania

« Reply #827 on: December 05, 2013, 12:26:26 pm »
Ohh jeees

Burgernomics must be the most flawed economic comparison out there. So a hamburger costs 5c cheaper in SA. Too bad 85% of the population in SA can't afford it. So how does that compute to average living standards and costs?  Equally ridiculous is factoring in that a burger costs R5 more in Switzerland and then claiming that the living standards is very expensive, although 85% of the population can afford to buy it.

What it does do is create a more informal way of judging the purchasing power parity (PPP) between two currencies and provides a proof/test of the scale to which market exchange rates result in goods costing about the same in different countries. It makes the exchange rate theory more digestible to us mere mortals.

People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day. And doing nothing often leads to the very best kind of something.

Offline Swart Gevaar

• Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
« Reply #828 on: December 05, 2013, 12:51:32 pm »
Just came across this

e-tolling. File photo
Image by: Picture: GALLO IMAGES
E-tolling faces a new stumbling block in its first week of operation - Post Office workers have vowed to delay the delivery of summonses to motorists and traffic police have started an unofficial go-slow.

SAVE & SHARE
inShare

EMAILPRINT

Yesterday, the Cosatu-affiliated Communications Workers' Union urged its workers, who have been on a go-slow, to strengthen their contribution to Cosatu's campaign against e-tolls by delaying the delivery to defaulting motorists of SA National Roads Agency mail.

"We [want] our workers to be really extremely slow when they see the e-tolls mail," Aubrey Tshabalala, the union's Gauteng secretary, said.

"Our members will be very slow. The snail will be faster than us when we see e-tolls mail."

He said the go-slow would become a stayaway on December 24 and January 2.

If the go-slow persists at the Post Office, the delay in the delivery of the seven-day demands to motorists without e-tags would jeopardise Sanral's case against defaulters.

Tshabalala said main Post Office centres such as those at Witspos, Germiston, OR Tambo International airport and Krugersdorp would be in complete lockdown.

Traffic officers in Ekurhuleni and Johannesburg, who complain that they are being overwhelmed by the diversion of traffic onto secondary routes by e-tolling, have resorted to dragging their feet.

The officers are members of the SA Municipal Workers' Union, an affiliate of Cosatu.

Samwu's Gauteng legal officer, Jack Mokalapa, confirmed officers were on an unofficial go-slow.

"We cannot be held responsible for the go-slow. It's not the official position of the union but we have assured our members that we will fight the e-tolls through Cosatu," he said.

Mokalapa said the union had received complaints from officers about the "madness" on alternative roads.

"It is an added burden, which is unnecessary. As a Cosatu affiliate, we will continue to exert pressure on the government to scrap the e-tolls. They are affecting operations and officers cannot respond to other emergency cases," he said.

Both the Ekurhuleni and the Johannesburg metro police departments claimed they were not aware of the go-slow.

"As far as I know, all our officers are on their feet doing their work," said Johannesburg metro police spokesman Edna Mamonyane.

Her counterpart in Ekurhuleni, Wilfred Kgasago, said: "There's no evidence that there is a go-slow."

When asked whether the go-slow would affect the delivery of its notices, Sanral spokesman Vusi Mona said: "Not at this moment."

He also said that he had no knowledge of go-slow protests by Post Office workers and metro police.
You know you've landed with the wheels up when it takes full power to taxi to the ramp.

Online punisher

• DILLIGAF
« Reply #829 on: December 05, 2013, 01:19:18 pm »
Ohh jeees

The pearl of come backs thus far  :spitcoffee:

Offline Go Big

« Reply #830 on: December 05, 2013, 01:32:00 pm »
I had to dumb it down for you to understand.

Offline Ganjora

« Reply #831 on: December 05, 2013, 01:35:00 pm »

Offline KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • We need a strong man. Strong like Stalin
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #832 on: December 05, 2013, 01:45:38 pm »
Dudes, dont you see whats happening? Even government services is now turning on the government.  A moerse lot of trans-racial solidarity is created.  This is great for nation building and doom and gloom for the ANC.

I would guess the following.....

Zuma and his cronies from the current administration know they are on their way out. They have fingers in the Scumral pie. They are milking as much as they can in the ultimate act of 'big chief' defiance before they get frogmarched. 

ETolls meanwhile will do irreparable damage to the ANC, but showerhead doesnt care. Its about him now. The chief must feast.....

Online punisher

• DILLIGAF
« Reply #833 on: December 05, 2013, 02:56:04 pm »
I had to dumb it down for you to understand.

What do you prefere , the horse blinkers your using , or 2 bigmacs as replacements

Online punisher

• DILLIGAF
« Reply #834 on: December 05, 2013, 02:59:59 pm »
Dudes, dont you see whats happening? Even government services is now turning on the government.  A moerse lot of trans-racial solidarity is created.  This is great for nation building and doom and gloom for the ANC.

Zuma and his cronies from the current administration know they are on their way out. They have fingers in the Scumral pie. They are milking as much as they can in the ultimate act of 'big chief' defiance before they get frogmarched. 

ETolls meanwhile will do irreparable damage to the ANC, but showerhead doesnt care. Its about him now. The chief must feast.....

This is possibly the best result ... If it comes to fruition.

Offline Beebop

• Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #835 on: December 05, 2013, 03:02:03 pm »
We dont they collect the R12.2 billion profit from Eksdom.

Offline Veldbrand

• Super Saaiber Slet
  • Vendors
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Hou die blink kant in!
    • Koedoeskloof Country Lodge
« Reply #836 on: December 05, 2013, 03:04:49 pm »
They could but WTF are the Eksdom fuckers gonna get for X-mas then?

Co-ordinates: S33 30.300 E21 10.258  http://www.koedoeskloof.co.za/  facebook - Koedoeskloof Country Lodge, Dwarsrivier, Ladismith, WC
Life is like hitch hiking, just when you think you're not going to get a lift, you don't.

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Triumph (all models)
« Reply #837 on: December 05, 2013, 03:07:07 pm »

must say that excites me but also has anyone thoroughly thought through the ramifications of govt turning on govt .....

yes ,we may get rid of the tolls , but what are the consequneces of this ..we know nothing happens in isolation
Swim.Bike.Run.Eat.Sleep

Online punisher

• DILLIGAF
« Reply #838 on: December 05, 2013, 03:09:13 pm »

Good idea , but at the moment they don't have to , sheeple ar buying e_tags

And locusts don't like sharing , not even with other locusts

Offline g1_

• Bike: Honda XR125L
« Reply #839 on: December 05, 2013, 03:21:45 pm »
It sounds to me like the majority support this because they like to feel like they have power for a change. Maybe they feel that they don't currently have any political power, so for the first time they feel they have some power. People seem to have a go at people who don't support the protest, but mainly because it reduces their power.

Those that are supporting a political agenda seem to mainly be protesting the miss-use of tax due to corruption and inefficiencies. Problem is it that fixing corruption would not pay for the roads upgrades. It costs money to crack down on corruption. It costs money to make tax spending more efficient. It may not be economical to pay for road upgrades by reducing corruption. But it may be economical to use e-toll. Ultimately the roads will not be maintained unless tax payers pay for it. And ultimately the government will not work unless politicians are responsible for their actions. Two separate issues.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 03:22:45 pm by g1_ »