Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: E-Tolls go live - 3 December 2013  (Read 54786 times)

Offline dirtyXT

Re:
« Reply #860 on: December 05, 2013, 05:08:49 pm »
indeed. its a culture that must change. or a mindset. cant go backwards for accountability but can use it going forwards. one or two examples and word will get round. wonder why there isn't more whistle blowing? fear? ? ignorance? maybe cronyism?  not all are crocked in my opinion
Bike history:
Ital jet 50 - sold, DT 50 - scrapped - AR80 - sold DT185 - confiscated  KDX250 - sold ZZR400 - sold KX500 - XT660R Swapped for R1 YZF R1 - sold - XT660Z - current

Online Bundu

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
Re: E-Tolls go live - 3 December 2013
« Reply #861 on: December 05, 2013, 05:14:51 pm »
But you can't simply eject the worst offenders. It costs money to find out who the worst offenders are. Then it costs money in legal fees to do the ejecting. This brings me back to my original point. It might not be economical.

not sure I'm following you...... surely we can't argue that it's too expensive to root out corruption, so we'll have to accept it?

Offline Rooikat

• Bike: Honda XR500
  • Honda XL500S
« Reply #862 on: December 05, 2013, 05:29:43 pm »
But you can't simply eject the worst offenders. It costs money to find out who the worst offenders are. Then it costs money in legal fees to do the ejecting. This brings me back to my original point. It might not be economical.

It would be money well spent, because the wastage will stop (or some of it, anyway).
"The only reason for cleaning things is if you want to mount, frame and hang them in your living room" - The famous CJC

"The older I get, the better I was."

"I don't care a f*** what it looks like, as long as it works" - The famous CJC

Offline g1_

• Bike: Honda XR125L
« Reply #863 on: December 06, 2013, 09:40:06 am »
Of course we need to root out corruption. My point was simply that it might not be an economical way of paying for our road maintenance.

Offline Rooikat

• Bike: Honda XR500
  • Honda XL500S
« Reply #864 on: December 12, 2013, 02:57:36 pm »
Their are still lies being put forward by Scumral - 900 000 e-tags sold.
But a census by OUTA shows only 14% are using them on tolled highways.
Plus a survey shows:

"The only reason for cleaning things is if you want to mount, frame and hang them in your living room" - The famous CJC

"The older I get, the better I was."

"I don't care a f*** what it looks like, as long as it works" - The famous CJC

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #865 on: December 13, 2013, 07:14:49 am »
Their are still lies being put forward by Scumral - 900 000 e-tags sold.
But a census by OUTA shows only 14% are using them on tolled highways.
Plus a survey shows:

that doesnt mean its lies, the majority of those tag holders might not be regular toll road users or might not even bother voting, remember a large sum of that 900000 will be Car rental companies, fleet owners and govt vehicles, that itself should count for 80% of that sum I would say
:paw:

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key

Offline Vintage_Mania

« Reply #866 on: December 13, 2013, 07:18:14 am »
Agree with Mikie - also if you are a Bakwena e-tag user, you are automatically registered. They might be adding these to the figures as well.

People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day. And doing nothing often leads to the very best kind of something.

Offline Oshkosh

« Reply #867 on: December 13, 2013, 08:06:00 am »
Agree with Mikie - also if you are a Bakwena e-tag user, you are automatically registered. They might be adding these to the figures as well.

VM that is correct they have taken over Bakwena's account & they do not issue e-tags anymore you have to go to e-tollie.
2017 R1200RS SPORT F#ck Me what an Animal!
2010 R1200GS ADV "The Comfy Chair with GRUNT"(SOLD)
2012 R1200RT "The Wife's Little Tourer"

Offline DouglasN

• Vendors
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #868 on: December 13, 2013, 11:46:44 am »
.........., remember a large sum of that 900000 will be Car rental companies, fleet owners and govt vehicles, that itself should count for 80% of that sum I would say

rentals are apparently only 50000 vehicles

have not seem a metro or SAPS vehicle with an e-tag yet
-----------------------
Douglas Norval

Offline TVB

• Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
« Reply #869 on: December 13, 2013, 12:52:59 pm »
I don't know about SAP or other official vehicles other than ER24 (although contracted to SANRAL and wraped in their sticker kits) but we as emergency medical services are all tagged. Each and every vehicle.

I went inside to enquire about the users or number of private users (no companies, fleet etc) and according to the system over 1 million private users and more than 25persent got more than 1 vehicle tagged and registered. People are still standing quee at the malls and publick service stations to get taggs.

I can't see this system fail, although I would love to see it fail!

Online woody1

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • XT1200ZE "Vinnige" Witte
« Reply #870 on: December 13, 2013, 01:04:19 pm »
My wife had to pick somebody up at the airport. She wanted to take back roads.  I said NO!!! ride the road and let us see what happens.
So far nothing in the post and this morning I received this e-mail.  Did a check and NOTHING for this registration number.

If you want to check your e-toll balance without registering, here is a sneaky way to do it.

1)      Click on the below link. It will redirect you to the SANRAL log in screen.
2)      Copy and paste the below link into the same browser where the web address is, it will take you to a different search screen which does not require a login.
3)      In the Vehicle License Plate Number field, you enter your carís registration number, and it will display the amount owing, and you donít actually need to register on the siteÖ

https://www.sanral.co.za/e-toll/portal/PayTollFeesUnregisteredUsers.aspx
Wat gaan aan.. Ek WIL mos betaal   :pot:
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 01:08:19 pm by woody1 »

I WOULD RATHER BE AN HONEST ASSHOLE .... THAN A FLIPPEN LIAR !   

Ducati 100cc Mountaineer, Honda 550 K3, Suzuki Gs1000E, Suzuki Gs1000G, Suzuki 1100 Katana, BMW R1100RT, BMW R1150RT,,,,,All gone. Only 2014 ST in the garage at the moment... And Honda XL 600

Offline mox

• Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Formerly knows as HONDAKAWA11
« Reply #871 on: December 13, 2013, 01:08:29 pm »
My wife had to pick somebody up at the airport. She wanted to take back roads.  I said NO!!! ride the road and let us see what happens.
So far nothing in the post and this morning I received this e-mail.  Did a check and NOTHING for this registration number.

If you want to check your e-toll balance without registering, here is a sneaky way to do it.

1)      Click on the below link. It will redirect you to the SANRAL log in screen.
2)      Copy and paste the below link into the same browser where the web address is, it will take you to a different search screen which does not require a login.
3)      In the Vehicle License Plate Number field, you enter your carís registration number, and it will display the amount owing, and you donít actually need to register on the siteÖ

https://www.sanral.co.za/e-toll/portal/PayTollFeesUnregisteredUsers.aspx
ID text: 78407957b84e39f524ccbac3b1bc65f864a66956
car registration outstanding ??????????????
Wat gaan aan.. Ek WIL mos betaal   :pot:

It only goes to the customer login page now. seems they have removed the unregistered user page now.
Klr 650 , Z800 - My blood is green.

Online woody1

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • XT1200ZE "Vinnige" Witte
« Reply #872 on: December 13, 2013, 01:15:37 pm »
Sheeeeet.. I see that now as wel.  Well it worked this morning when I looked.
Sorry !

I WOULD RATHER BE AN HONEST ASSHOLE .... THAN A FLIPPEN LIAR !   

Ducati 100cc Mountaineer, Honda 550 K3, Suzuki Gs1000E, Suzuki Gs1000G, Suzuki 1100 Katana, BMW R1100RT, BMW R1150RT,,,,,All gone. Only 2014 ST in the garage at the moment... And Honda XL 600

Offline Koet

• T-Rex 700N "The Beast"!
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • Splash!
« Reply #873 on: December 17, 2013, 08:55:31 am »
I'm in two minds about them closing this login loop-hole.  On the one side I'm happy that I can't see my charges without creating an account and logging in.  That means that they HAVE to send me a bill via registered mail before I know how much I "owe them".  But on the other hand some more idiots are now going to register on the site just to see how much they owe.
Only Bikers understand why dogs love to stick their heads out car windows.

Offline IDR

• <insert bias disclaimer here>
  • Administrator
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
« Reply #874 on: December 17, 2013, 09:07:54 am »
I'm in two minds about them closing this login loop-hole.  On the one side I'm happy that I can't see my charges without creating an account and logging in.  That means that they HAVE to send me a bill via registered mail before I know how much I "owe them".  But on the other hand some more idiots are now going to register on the site just to see how much they owe.

Due to a bit of an administrative oversight on my part (using a vehicle not registered in my name), I've had to register to be able to pay those fees ... *obviously* none of my own vehicles are registered ...

It's been a total clusterfuck - can't log in, can't get statements, haven't received anything in the mail, call center is a mess.  I can't see that they will be able to recover any tolls from people that don't have a prepaid e-tag.
The three things you need to fix anything in the universe: duct tape, WD-40 and a hammer.  If it moves and it shouldn't, use the duct tape.  If it doesn't move and it should, use the WD-40.  Otherwise use the hammer.

Offline Koet

• T-Rex 700N "The Beast"!
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • Splash!
« Reply #875 on: December 17, 2013, 09:48:08 am »

Due to a bit of an administrative oversight on my part (using a vehicle not registered in my name), I've had to register to be able to pay those fees ... *obviously* none of my own vehicles are registered ...

It's been a total clusterfuck - can't log in, can't get statements, haven't received anything in the mail, call center is a mess.  I can't see that they will be able to recover any tolls from people that don't have a prepaid e-tag.

That makes me happy.  All the other idiots with tags can pay, and the rest of us will just go on with life as usual.
Only Bikers understand why dogs love to stick their heads out car windows.

Offline dirtyXT

« Reply #876 on: December 17, 2013, 09:49:38 am »
here ive gotten some traction on my anti-etol movement. hope im not the first guy to get chucked in jail.
Bike history:
Ital jet 50 - sold, DT 50 - scrapped - AR80 - sold DT185 - confiscated  KDX250 - sold ZZR400 - sold KX500 - XT660R Swapped for R1 YZF R1 - sold - XT660Z - current

Online Bundu

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #877 on: December 17, 2013, 10:23:47 am »
here ive gotten some traction on my anti-etol movement. hope im not the first guy to get chucked in jail.

:thumleft:

I've seen a couple of these around in the past week  :lol8:

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #878 on: December 18, 2013, 06:55:32 pm »
here's mine 

just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline Operator

• is a Forum Vendor and a
  • Forum Whore