Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: E-Tolls go live - 3 December 2013  (Read 52568 times)

Offline SlŠinte Mhaith

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Husaberg (all models)
Re: E-Tolls go live - 3 December 2013
« Reply #1020 on: February 28, 2014, 02:20:57 pm »
Saw this on Facebook earlier  ;D

That if I remember correctly is an advertising board and not in South Africa.

Wish it was an e-toll gantry.

Offline Koet

• T-Rex 700N "The Beast"!
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • Splash!
« Reply #1021 on: February 28, 2014, 03:16:52 pm »
That was in Europe somewhere, can't remember where.
Only Bikers understand why dogs love to stick their heads out car windows.

Offline dirtyXT

« Reply #1022 on: March 03, 2014, 06:55:02 am »
 :laughing4: any idea what country that is?
Bike history:
Ital jet 50 - sold, DT 50 - scrapped - AR80 - sold DT185 - confiscated  KDX250 - sold ZZR400 - sold KX500 - XT660R Swapped for R1 YZF R1 - sold - XT660Z - current

Online Bundu

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #1023 on: March 03, 2014, 10:57:22 am »
:laughing4: any idea what country that is?

NAIROBI, Kenya, Oct 29 Ė The Kenya National Highways Authority (KeNHA) has admitted to bringing down the multimillion shillings billboard structure on Waiyaki Way, saying that it had been erected on the site illegally.

KeNHA Public Relations Officer Charles Njogu, through a statement, said that the authority was acting in good faith by trying to protect the public and did not foresee the kind of inconvenience the exercise would have, after it took longer than expected to clear the site.

http://www.capitalfm.co.ke/news/2013/10/kenha-says-it-brought-down-illegal-billboard/

Offline mox

• Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Formerly knows as HONDAKAWA11
« Reply #1024 on: March 13, 2014, 11:29:14 am »
JZ and cronies trying to protect their pensions. Bastards

Cape Town - An application to declare the e-tolling legislation unconstitutional and invalid was dismissed by the Western Cape High Court on Thursday.

Story Coverage

e-Tolls Saga

Subscribe
to our newsletters

"The application is dismissed. The parties shall bear their own costs," Judge Owen Rogers said.

He said the Democratic Alliance, which lodged the application, would have 14 days to file an application for leave to appeal his judgment.

The DA approached the court after the Transport Laws and Related Matters Amendment Act was passed into law in September last year.

The amendments allowed for the collection of electronically recorded tolls and the implementation of the electronic toll-collection system.

The DA had argued the amendments were unconstitutional and invalid because they had not been passed according to what it deemed to be proper procedure, which would be with input from the provinces.

The bill was tagged as a section 75 bill -- an ordinary bill not affecting provinces -- rather than a section 76 bill, which does affect provinces.

The DA's legal team had argued that the amendments to the Sanral and National Roads Act had knock-on effects for provinces.

The respondents in the application were President Jacob Zuma, National Assembly Speaker Max Sisulu, National Council of Provinces chairman Mninwa Mahlangu, Transport Minister Dipuo Peters, the SA National Roads Agency Limited (Sanral), and the National Treasury.

They had argued that the amendments had not made vital and substantial changes to provinces and had therefore been tagged correctly.
-Sapa

http://www.enca.com/south-africa/e-toll-application-dismissed
Klr 650 , Z800 - My blood is green.

Online Bundu

• Forum Whore
« Reply #1025 on: March 13, 2014, 11:50:26 am »

Cape Town - An application to declare the e-tolling legislation unconstitutional and invalid was dismissed by the Western Cape High Court on Thursday.

Story Coverage

e-Tolls Saga

Subscribe
to our newsletters

"The application is dismissed. The parties shall bear their own costs," Judge Owen Rogers said.

He said the Democratic Alliance, which lodged the application, would have 14 days to file an application for leave to appeal his judgment.

The DA approached the court after the Transport Laws and Related Matters Amendment Act was passed into law in September last year.

The amendments allowed for the collection of electronically recorded tolls and the implementation of the electronic toll-collection system.

The DA had argued the amendments were unconstitutional and invalid because they had not been passed according to what it deemed to be proper procedure, which would be with input from the provinces.

The bill was tagged as a section 75 bill -- an ordinary bill not affecting provinces -- rather than a section 76 bill, which does affect provinces.

The DA's legal team had argued that the amendments to the Sanral and National Roads Act had knock-on effects for provinces.

The respondents in the application were President Jacob Zuma, National Assembly Speaker Max Sisulu, National Council of Provinces chairman Mninwa Mahlangu, Transport Minister Dipuo Peters, the SA National Roads Agency Limited (Sanral), and the National Treasury.

They had argued that the amendments had not made vital and substantial changes to provinces and had therefore been tagged correctly.
-Sapa

let's not worry about that - we as the citizens do not accept e-tolling and will not cooperate...... end of story!

Offline mox

• Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Formerly knows as HONDAKAWA11
« Reply #1026 on: March 13, 2014, 12:10:10 pm »
 :thumleft:
Klr 650 , Z800 - My blood is green.

Offline Tommy Transalp

• Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
  • The Older I get... the Faster I WAS!
« Reply #1027 on: March 13, 2014, 03:15:33 pm »

Story Coverage

e-Tolls Saga

Subscribe
to our newsletters

-Sapa

let's not worry about that - we as the citizens do not accept e-tolling and will not cooperate...... end of story!
Touche!  :thumleft:
I live in my own world...
But it's ok... they know me there!
Honda XLV 650 Transalp
Honda CRF230
Royal Enfield 500 Classic

Offline Fudmucker

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Aka "Wrinkled Rocker" in a past life
« Reply #1028 on: March 15, 2014, 03:16:46 am »
My employer (a Government Department) has issued a circular that they will only reimburse toll fees
on work trips if they are on an official E-toll statement and only at the E-tag rates.

So, if I don't get a tag for my vehicle I must travel on alternative routes or else fund the tolls from my own pocket.
LIFE'S MUCH COOLER WITHOUT UNDERWEAR,
Life-long supporter of the "Free the Nipple" movement
AIRHEADS ARE AN ADMIRABLE ADDICTION !
Life is far too short to be taken too seriously.
I'm far too short to be taken too seriously.

Offline Brodes

• Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • Don't ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly
« Reply #1029 on: March 15, 2014, 12:45:44 pm »
Got my FIRST E-toll statement in the post last week - actually two statements were delivered at the same time. The statement dated 31 Jan was payable a few days later in order to qualify for the discount, and I received the statement in March FFS! So no chance whatsoever of qualifying for the discount.
No photos were included of the vehicles, only a listing of registration numbers.
I was planning to pay cash (thus leaving them with the admin costs of dealing with cash) to settle just time, but given that I now have to pay the full amount, they can sue me.
My bill is not excessive (I don't need to use the system on a daily basis) and basically just ride through a gate on an add-hoc basis with all of my vehicles, cars and bikes, to force them to bill me, but their incompetence in billing me two months late and then saying that I have forfeited my 'early bird' discount due to their incompetence just gets to me.
I consider myself to be a law-abiding, professional individual in general, pay my taxes on time, have a clean credit history, generally obey the rules of the road and society in general, but SCAMRAL has become my tipping point. Fcuk them. Now they can sue me for every last cent.
Hinc Orior
R1200R
R1200GS
DR650SE, DRZ400E, 300XC-W, CR230F, Montesa Cota 315 R

Online Bundu

• Forum Whore
« Reply #1030 on: March 15, 2014, 01:04:40 pm »
Got my FIRST E-toll statement in the post last week - actually two statements were delivered at the same time. The statement dated 31 Jan was payable a few days later in order to qualify for the discount, and I received the statement in March FFS! So no chance whatsoever of qualifying for the discount.
No photos were included of the vehicles, only a listing of registration numbers.
I was planning to pay cash (thus leaving them with the admin costs of dealing with cash) to settle just time, but given that I now have to pay the full amount, they can sue me.
My bill is not excessive (I don't need to use the system on a daily basis) and basically just ride through a gate on an add-hoc basis with all of my vehicles, cars and bikes, to force them to bill me, but their incompetence in billing me two months late and then saying that I have forfeited my 'early bird' discount due to their incompetence just gets to me.
I consider myself to be a law-abiding, professional individual in general, pay my taxes on time, have a clean credit history, generally obey the rules of the road and society in general, but SCAMRAL has become my tipping point. Fcuk them. Now they can sue me for every last cent.

you would surprised to see how many generally law abiding people have taken a stand against this shit - I don't even open my Sanral envelopes any more - they can take me and thousands of others to court  :thumleft:

Offline BikerJan

« Reply #1031 on: March 17, 2014, 11:22:33 am »
My employer (a Government Department) has issued a circular that they will only reimburse toll fees
on work trips if they are on an official E-toll statement and only at the E-tag rates.

So, if I don't get a tag for my vehicle I must travel on alternative routes or else fund the tolls from my own pocket.

Travel on alternate routes

Offline elandsrider

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #1032 on: March 17, 2014, 12:30:59 pm »
Got one in the post, my son at tukkies, ignored it as advised by WDs, now get emails at my work adress, where does scumral get info?
KLR 650, KDX 200, XTZ 750, XL 500

Offline Koet

• Splash!
« Reply #1033 on: March 17, 2014, 12:35:19 pm »
Set up an automated delete rule.  Works like a charm.

Online Bundu

• Forum Whore
« Reply #1034 on: March 17, 2014, 03:08:19 pm »
Got one in the post, my son at tukkies, ignored it as advised by WDs, now get emails at my work adress, where does scumral get info?

Sanral is not even sure if you're getting the emails/SMSs, so just ignore, ignore, ignore.........

Offline Sylvester

« Reply #1035 on: March 17, 2014, 04:08:07 pm »
http://www.beeld.com/nuus/2014-03-16-e-tol-nuwe-kinkel

E-tol: Nuwe kinkel

Kan chaos in howe wees

sonja carstens,pieter malan

Sondag 16 Maart 2014

Die beleŽrde e-tolstelsel het nůg ín spoedhobbel getref nadat dit aan die lig gekom het dat die pensioenfonds waartoe elke landdros in die land behoort miljarde rande in e-tol belÍ het.

Diť feit kan chaos in die howe veroorsaak as motoriste wat gedagvaar word omdat hulle nie hul e-tol betaal nie, aanvoer dat hulle sake na die hoŽr hof verwys moet word omdat landdroste bevooroordeeld sou wees omdat hulle ín finansiŽle belang by die uitslag van die saak het.

Die staatspensioenfonds, die pensioenfonds waartoe alle landdroste behoort, het sowat R17 miljard in Sanral-skuldbriewe belÍ.

Hoewel regsgeleerdes van mening verskil of landdroste se finansiŽle belang in e-tol groot genoeg is om enige vooroordeel te bewys, glo baie dat die kwessie tůg ernstig genoeg is om die gladde toepassing van die reeds omstrede stelsel nog verder te beduiwel.

ďPersoonlik dink ek die finansiŽle belang wat landdroste in e-tol het, is te gering om vooroordeel te bewys,Ē sÍ prof. Koos Malan, ín dosent in publieke reg aan die Universiteit van Pretoria (UP) en voormalige landdros.

Maar weens die politieke storm om e-tol meen hy die kwessie sal waarskynlik in die konstitusionele hof beland.

Menige landdros sal waarskynlik maar te gewillig wees om hom of haar aan so ín saak te onttrek en die saak na ín hoŽr hof te verwys, sÍ Malan.

Landdros Nazeem Joemath, president van die vereniging van regsprekende beamptes van Suid-Afrika (Joasa), bevestig Malan se standpunt en sÍ die feit dat landdroste tot ín pen≠sioenfonds behoort wat in Sanral belÍ het, is ín verleentheid.

ďHoe gaan ín landdros argumenteer dat die sukses van e-tol hom of haar indirek baat, maar dat jy as beskuldigde steeds ín regverdige verhoor sal kry? Dit is hoekom Joasa al jare vra dat landdroste uit die staatspen≠sioenfonds verwyder moet word,Ē het Joemath gesÍ.

Streeklanddros Hein Louw, voorsitter van die salaris- en vergoedingskomitee van die streeklanddrostevereniging van Suid-Afrika (Armsa), sÍ egter die staatspensioenfonds se aandeel in Sanral dui nie noodwendig op ín belangebotsing nie.

ďDie fonds is ín vastevoordeelfonds, wat beteken ongeag hoe e-tol vaar, is die landdros sy of haar geld in die fonds gewaarborg.Ē

Op die oomblik heers ín ongemaklike dooiepunt tussen Sanral en honderdduisende padgebruikers wat weier om hul tol te betaal.

Sanral het tot dusver, ten spyte van ín dreigende houding, nog geen padgebruiker gedagvaar nie terwyl die Bondgenootskap teen Stedelike (Outa) hulle openlik uitdaag om dit te doen.

Die Outa-woordvoerder John Clarke sÍ geen hofsaak tot dusver het die wettigheid van e-tol getoets nie. Dit kan slegs gebeur as Sanral ín padgebruiker wat weier om te betaal, dagvaar.

Die minister van vervoer, Dipuo Peters, het vroeŽr die maand erken dat net ďtussen 23% en 28,6%Ē van die 2,5 miljoen motoriste wat Gautengse hoofweŽ gebruik ín e-tolskyfie het.

Sanral het nie herhaalde navrae oor landdroste se beweerde partydigheid om e-tolsake te verhoor, beantwoord nie.
If force does not help, you are not using enough...

Offline Koet

• Splash!
« Reply #1036 on: March 17, 2014, 04:11:00 pm »
Lekker.  Meer chaos.

Fok hulle en hulle e-tol.

Online Bundu

• Forum Whore
« Reply #1037 on: March 17, 2014, 06:30:05 pm »
dit begin tog vir my lyk of dinge volgens plan verloop..... ONS PLAN!!  :biggrin:

Offline elandsrider

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #1038 on: March 17, 2014, 06:52:08 pm »
 :thumleft:
KLR 650, KDX 200, XTZ 750, XL 500

Offline Koet

• Splash!
« Reply #1039 on: March 18, 2014, 07:37:14 am »
 :thumleft: :thumleft: