Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Route 62 Recommendations  (Read 908 times)

Offline Maddoglips

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
Route 62 Recommendations
« on: November 21, 2013, 11:08:07 am »
Howzit All

Is there any advice from all the WD Guys and Gals of special places/attractions along the above route which I shouldn't miss out on?

I'm planning to be on the route from the 15th Dec till 22nd and at some point, will have to run into CT centre to do some passport Shite....  so going the whole way
I'm travelling on the Pig with a Hardley as company so won't be able to go too far off the black top all the time, but am defi planning on leaving the Hardley at a secure spot somewhere and putting my M8 pillion with me to show him some awesome spots and the bonus of DS Bikes.

Any suggestions, directions ect.. will be appreciated as I'm not booking anything other than the Breede River Boat cruise in advance, so sleeping where the head falls ect ect..

Thanks in advance,

Zane  :thumleft:

Offline Ratt

• Bike: Yamaha XT600
  • An experiment in Artificial Stupidity...
Re: Route 62 Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 11:48:42 am »
Country pumpkin (as ek reg onthou) in Barrydale is biker orientated  :thumleft:

Ronnies sex shop is way over rated and to over priced to worry about, you won't miss anything

The pass between Barrydale and Zuurbraak is very nice, especcially after some rain, but then youre off R62.

When you get to Worcester, don't take the tunnel! You'll die of fumigation

Theres a couple more places, but I'm not too clued up on all of them
I'm not saying kill stupid people, I'm saying, remove the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

**072 596 1303 in Knysna if you have troubles**

Offline Veldbrand

• Super Saaiber Slet
  • Vendors
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Hou die blink kant in!
    • Koedoeskloof Country Lodge
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 12:34:25 pm »
Pull in for a dop at least!
http://www.koedoeskloof.co.za/  Co-ordinates: S33 30.300 E21 10.258                               

Co-ordinates: S33 30.300 E21 10.258  http://www.koedoeskloof.co.za/  facebook - Koedoeskloof Country Lodge, Dwarsrivier, Ladismith, WC
Life is like hitch hiking, just when you think you're not going to get a lift, you don't.

Offline cocky

• Ryyyyyy net ASFB.
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 12:39:00 pm »
Pull in for a dop at least!
http://www.koedoeskloof.co.za/  Co-ordinates: S33 30.300 E21 10.258                               
Don't forget the best burger ever in the world and Brandwurm.
Just because your past did not turn out like you wanted it to does not mean your marriage will not be better than you ever imagined it could be.
Die Kaapse Hoender!

Offline Maddoglips

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 12:43:28 pm »
Country pumpkin (as ek reg onthou) in Barrydale is biker orientated  :thumleft:

Ronnies sex shop is way over rated and to over priced to worry about, you won't miss anything

The pass between Barrydale and Zuurbraak is very nice, especcially after some rain, but then youre off R62. Looks like some fun

When you get to Worcester, don't take the tunnel! You'll die of fumigation

Theres a couple more places, but I'm not too clued up on all of them

Thanks Ratt

Got no hassles with a few detours and bypasses, as the no of days the Wiffee has allowed me out LOL, it will allow us to explore a bit. R62 is just the main source to work off of, way better then the N2

Ronnies sex shop, tbh is just 1 of those things I want a pic at ect.. just to say been there done that. Maybe it even surprises me and I end up leaving a boxers or shirt LOL we'll have to see.

As for the tunnel, I've been told there's a Gravel road/pass near there which takes you all the way into Malmesbury or somewhere like that? Not 100% sure its there or not, just had some 1 mention it to me.

I'm just honestly looking for a good adventure near the door step as up until now it's only been in the pipe lines  :thumleft:

Veldbrand  :thumleft: defi see out for that. Making so many notes already for a trip thats meant to be unplanned LOL guess it's part of the fun.

Offline dw1

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 04:19:13 pm »
Where are you starting from?
Current KTM 950 Adv, R80G/S x 2, TW200,  DR200 Djebel,, XR500R
Previous: YAM AG175, BSA Lightning 650, XT500, KAWA KZ1300, XR500R, VF750-4 BMW K100, WR45,0 DR650 x 2,  XT600 Tenere, XR200,

Offline Maddoglips

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 04:45:37 pm »
Hi DW1

We starting from PE and hopefully gonna run Steytleville, De Rust Oudtshorn and on. Looking at Veldbrands Invite LOL may look at spending a night there in the camp.

I have just had confirmation, I need to be in CT at the Dutch Embassy 9:00am Tuesday the 17th Dec  :'( but have to do it.

After that, we will be playing where ever we want but I'm defi planning on fitting in Meiringspoort pass and the others in the area we started even if its on the way back only.

Is there enough places on route where 1 could just pull up and pitch tent for the night with out been harrased or fined?

Shot Zane