Annual 1100/1150 Bash - Koedoeskloof- 2 to 4 May 2014

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Veldbrand

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
Right it’s still a long way off but the early 11whatever riders catch all the birds. ;)
Last year we only had 18 bikes attending the Augrabies get together, and due to the fact that the last time any bike manufacturer built any decent bike was roughly 10 years ago, we intend going large and getting as many 11whatever beasts together as possible, to celebrate the best bike ever made, ride our bikes, see old friends and hopefully make some new ones.
I know it is very far for the guys from up country but please try to make this gathering. The following year someone from up north can arrange this and then us Capies will have to do the long distance gatskuur.

Updates on the planning and additional info will be done on this post.

DATE :

2nd and 3rd May 2014
Thursday the 1st is a public holiday so depending on where you’re travelling from, you need to take leave for the Friday in order to take a two day ride to be here on Friday evening. Should you need two days to get back home you would need to take leave on the Monday the 5th as well.
Anybody wanting to stay from Thursday the 1st onwards or longer is welcome to do so, just keep posting updates on this thread please.

VENUE :

Koedoeskloof Country Lodge in the Dwarsrivier Valley 9km’s outside Ladismith on the Laingsburg road. I repeat, Ladismith with an “i” in the WC…
Please see more info at https://www.koedoeskloof.co.za/  
Co-ordinates: S33 30.300 E21 10.258                            

ENTRY FEE:

Camping, breakfasts and dinners for Friday and Saturday– R390-00 excluding Bash t-shirt & sticker which is R140-00
B&B at Koedoeskloof. breakfasts and dinners for Friday and Saturday – R660-00 excluding Bash t-shirt & sticker which is R140-00
Other fixed accommodation and camping fees still to be negotiated with neighbours but the rest will cost you R260-00 excluding Bash t-shirt & sticker which is R140-00

PAYMENT CUT OFF DATE:

Wednesday 23 April 2014

ACCOMMODATION AND MEALS:

For your ENTRY FEE you get :

Camping for 34 two man type tents and Da Peegs Royal Hotel
Additional camping for at least another 30 two man type tents available 400m down the road at our neighbours self catering house.
A home cooked stew/curry TBC on the Friday night
A proper full English breakfast on Saturday
Braai pack of your choice with side dishes on Saturday night
A proper full English breakfast on Sunday
24/7 Coffee, Tea and rusks
Bash Goodie + sticker – What exactly TBC

NB. At an additional cost we have 4 x double B&B rooms on site. Please see our rates for the B&B rooms on our web site www.koedoeskloof.co.za
More fixed accommodation is available with space for another 8 people at the neighbours house about 400m away.
Further down the road other neighbours have restored 3 labourers’ cottages into self catering units for another 6 people in total. Approximately 1 km away from us.
Once we are fully booked and you would like fixed accommodation at the neighbours place just PM or mail me and I will book it for you at the best possible rate I can squeeze them for.

Cash bar will be available.

You pay cash on site for other meals from our menu in the bar.

WHAT YOU BRING:

If you’re camping, you need to bring all your own camping stuff and your typical good 11whatever attitude. There are powerpoints, ablutions, basic kitchen facilities plus kettle and 2-plate stove.

PROGRAM:

Thursday and/or Friday:
- You ride your bike here and arrive safely
- Registration 16:00 – 18:00 at the bar on arrival.
- We chill, chow and chat and have a bash
- Supper
Saturday :
- Breakfast 07h30 onwards (until about 10h00)
- You go ride or chill some more.
- Lunch 12:00 onwards(Boeries, burgers etc)
- GROUP PHOTO - 1600
- Supper at 19h00
- We chill, chow and chat some more and have a bash till we all fall down…
Sunday :
- Breakfast 07h30 onwards (until about 10h00)

NOTES :

- Recovery vehicle and trailer will be available
- We have cell phone reception but it is not the best.
- Fuel, Police and Doctors/hospital are 9km’s away.
- It could be cold.(and maybe wet) but in general our weather is still fantastic at that time of the year.
- Light meals will be served at lunch times for your own account but you’re also welcome to support the other establishments in the buzzing metropolis of Ladismith… ::)
- I will add routes for possible day trips/outrides in the area as we go along but please don’t hesitate to ask questions about routes and places to see on your way here or home.
- Please use the following template to indicate your preferences when adding your name to the list:
Forum name:
Camp or B&B:
Chicken or beef braai pack:
Breako Saturday: yes/no
Breako Sunday: yes/no
T-shirt size:                (If this is what everybody would like as a goodie – I will start another thread under our bike specific board for this)

PAYMENT DETAILS :

Bank:                     FNB
Account name:      Koedoeskloof
Branch:                  Centurion
Account no:           62366152264
Branch code:         250655
Type:                      Cheque

PAYMENT REFERENCE: YOUR FORUM NAME (NON-DOGS... FIRST NAME AND LETTER OF SURNAME, LIKE - JuliaasM )

ATTENDANCE AND PAYMENT LIST :

1. Jors Troelie and Troelaaw
2. Stofdronkie        Paid
3. Country Girl      Paid              ↑
4. Footpeg se Pa
5. Geelkameel?
6. Lappies + !        Paid
7. da Peeg + 1?    Paid
8. Coxwain            Paid
9. Red Adventure
10. Arno              Paid
11. Carrots            Paid          ↑