DIY 50mm Swingarm extention

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianb

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 790 Adventure R
I decided to do as much as i can.In my search i found a swingarm.Thanks Lorenzo.I then had to make up a press to get the driveshaft out.WARNING check the circlip .My circlip on both my driveshafts were very badly worn.I had a new one made.BMW ex JHB R80. Rand.I then made up a jig with a 50mm spacer.In my search i decided to use EN8,40 ton hollow bar ,We turned it down to 63mm OD and 57mm ID and 51mm length.The cut took up 1mm.I then took a measurement from Bernds HPN for the cut.The measurement was 168mm from the face of the diff flange .I marked all round the swingarm, then used a hacksaw and cut gently all the way around Not straight through because it will go skew.I then cleaned up the cut with a file,and gave it a chamfer ,for the weld.We went with a Tig weld and it went well.I then made up cardboard templates for the shock mount,I wanted something a little different so this is what i did.pics. I also raised the bolt hole 3mm.See pics for now.