BigEd down.....and UP!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

BigEd

Howzit gang

After a night of contemplation I thought I'll just share with you bunch.

A group of us left CT yesterday enroute to Doornbaai. All but me made it.

Took the tar till Koringberg and then the fun started. Went over Kapteinskloof (stunning) and blisfully continued till 1km from Redelinghuys. Went over a blind hill were the road turned slightly to the right and hit a little sand wall (inside road edge) and Zonkie started bucking. Stupid, that's me, tried to get control rather than twisting the right ear and moered down in a cloud of dust at about 80km/h. Rolled my ass off and ended up almost 10 steps ahead of Zonkie. Luckily ATTGAT saved my stoopid ass but poor Zonkie had some damage - will list it later. Lots of lessons learned in the school yesterday. Total distance traveled - 205km from home. Doornbaai? Don't know yet what the fark it looks like. The roads were quite sandy in patches but not that bad - I just screwed it up. Old man brought the bakkie and I was able to drive all the way back to Panorama.

Zonkie damage:
- Left hand gaurd = moer toe
- left mirror = moer toe
- Left Touratech footpeg = moer toe
- Handle bar = completely bent next to the tank (I'll have to replace this I think)
- Lot's of scrapes on crashbars and new topbox.

Stoopid's damage:
- Left foot badly bruized - no shoes for a while
- Knees and elbows bruized and swollen but not too bad
- Scrapes on all joints
- Whatever ego I had = moer toe

Gear damage:
- Camelbak survived amazingly well.
- Richa boots and summer jacket also did the job and it surved till a next time. I can recommend these.

Lessons:
- Plenty but mostly don't drive too fast on unknown roads and keep your friggin eyes open poephol
- Drive in groups - the guys were wonderful. Within 5 mins I was chirped in my moer >:D

Now, I need to heal and heal Zonkie and we'll do it again ;D

Attachments

• Image019.jpg
    Image019.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 366