First Little Trip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bud500 (R.I.P)

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
It was a bit sudden but sometimes that is the best way. I got the oppertunity to ride a TA for a weekend and decided to do my first long distance trip. The plan was to ride from Amanzimtoti to Pretoria on the Saturday, using backroads of course. And then back on the Sunday. I mentioned this to a friend and he then organised a F650 GS for himself and would meet me in Volksrus.
05h30 and the steed is waiting. Not too chilly on the south coast.
981578c7.jpg

20km into the trip and a quick stop to check luggage and the approach of dawn.
f0bbd6fd.jpg

40km into the trip on the R603 near Eston and "not too chilly" changed to freezing.
718d8d23.jpg

This is my first fuel stop and cappucino in Mooiriver. Also learnt my first valuable lesson. Always know the bike you ride. I planned to stop at about 220km as the bike carries 19L of fuel. But the bike ran dry at 188km. I thought this was a bit heavy on juice. After checking the manual and realising there is no reserve tap I had to resort to experiences from the offroad scene. I parked on an offramp and then tipped the bike completely on its side. After that it started and I rode 12km stopping and starting into Mooiriver.
IMGP0664.jpg
[/img][/url]