Name and shame the rip-off dealers.....Linex

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dilligaf

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
My daughter's TTR125 stood for some months without use (and a leaking fuel cock seal - which I replaced a while back). Consequently, she has had fueling issues and would die as soon as the throttle was opened. I have limited experience with servicing bikes - oil change and basic maintenance, so I decided to take it into Linex for a service and carb check/service rather than strip it myself...big mistake!

I booked it in for Wed 20 Nov and dropped it off as soon as they opened. I was then told that they would only get around to looking at it on Friday/Monday and would email the quote for approval. This alone is BS - when I book my car for a service, I don't expect to leave it there for a week!

Well, Monday came and so did the quote...R4500!!! Without explanation, they quoted for new battery (dead from standing but it has charged perfectly since then), needle and seat, carb service, fuel tank service, new fuel cock, etc, etc. Needless to say I declined the quote and collected the bike on Saturday morning.

And, to top it all, they tried to charge me R450 for the quote! The service guys backed down very quickly when I asked to see where I had agreed to that, but they sure as hell won't ever get the chance to quote on any of my bikes again.

I will now be learning how to do a full carb service myself  :)