Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Taking the fight to a new level - DefCon 2  (Read 84459 times)

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Kawasaki Versys
Re: Taking the fight to a new level - DefCon 2
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2013, 02:03:12 pm »
Just vote for the party who's pockets you are lining.  You are in any case supporting them financially.  Now cast your vote along you convictions too.  Your etag is supporting corruption.  You support corruption in SA

well I could always vote COPE hey ..how effective was that for you?
Swim.Bike.Run.Eat.Sleep

Offline bud500

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2013, 02:04:25 pm »
Holy shit ICM, how about you stop attacking the posts in threads that has nothing to do with you. You got tagged, so nothing to see here, move along...
May the bridges I burn light the way...

Offline GRIM

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2013, 02:05:50 pm »
Just spent an entertaining 45 minutes with their call centre trying to find out if I owe anything (which would be surprising, as I didn't use any of the highways)...

try it :)

0800 726 725.

Refused politely to register, and insisted that they provide a reference number when he said that he couldn't search for all my vehicles so that if there were any fees, I could prove that I had tried to pay them.

I really recomment trying it - remember, it is the only toll free thing you get out of e-tolls...

:imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

I forgot to check if My wifes car, or my traler have been through the gantries... had to call them again.

Amazing how they just give out peoples details - gave the numberplate off a car on the street outside my office & got the owners name & address...
Alcohol is essentially nature’s Leatt Brace – with it, you might not be able to move worth sh*t, but you can take a slam or two and be no worse for the wear.

Offline Lynn

• Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • Perspective is often found from a mountain top
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2013, 02:06:58 pm »
With all due respect ICM, the point is that the ability to send out over two million summonses every time you fail to pay a couple of Rand is where Sanral's plan will fall short.  

No one is saying, be a martyr and go to jail, just - let's remind government that they don't think these things through to the end in terms of practical abilities to contend with the masses, that the people do have a say, and that the people are not going to accept these things lying down.  

You need not take these things personally.  If you want to buy an e-tag, do it.  In any event, you are correct, we are going to pay eventually.  

I for one get excited that finally we are standing up for something, even if that means not doing something to do something.  I watch all the toy toying and marches and always feel a little sad that we never get involved in anything.  I for one don't think we should knock people standing up for what they believe in, whichever way that may be.  

More gas you say.....

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2013, 02:07:08 pm »
Holy shit ICM, how about you stop attacking the posts in threads that has nothing to do with you. You got tagged, so nothing to see here, move along...

what , an leave you ole wimmen to whine an moan all by yourselves ....nee its too much fun
Swim.Bike.Run.Eat.Sleep

Offline KiLRoy

• A serious man...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • You said it, man. Nobody fucks with Jesus Quintana
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2013, 02:07:39 pm »

good point - this board is about resisting the beast. Not about debating if we must or not :laughing4:

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2013, 02:08:54 pm »

good point - this board is about resisting the beast. Not about debating if we must or not :laughing4:

ja true, I have it on good authority that SANRAL will stop all etolling once a thousand members of WD have voiced their contempt at etolls and have vowed ot never buy an etag ....yip its all true .....
Swim.Bike.Run.Eat.Sleep

Offline Lynn

• Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • Perspective is often found from a mountain top
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2013, 02:12:53 pm »

ja true, I have it on good authority that SANRAL will stop all etolling once a thousand members of WD have voiced their contempt at etolls and have vowed ot never buy an etag ....yip its all true .....

If he says it's true, it must be!   :thumleft:

Spread the word guys!  990 members to post and we're golden!   :deal:
More gas you say.....

Offline IDR

• <insert bias disclaimer here>
  • Administrator
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2013, 02:14:44 pm »
Just spent an entertaining 45 minutes with their call centre trying to find out if I owe anything (which would be surprising, as I didn't use any of the highways)...

0800 726 725.

Refused politely to register, and insisted that they provide a reference number when he said that he couldn't search for all my vehicles so that if there were any fees, I could prove that I had tried to pay them.

I really recomment trying it - remember, it is the only toll free thing you get out of e-tolls...

:imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

I forgot to check if My wifes car, or my traler have been through the gantries... had to call them again.

Amazing how they just give out peoples details - gave the numberplate off a car on the street outside my office & got the owners name & address...

Holy fuck, yes!  

14 minutes to check whether any of my 4 vehicles have gone through :o
The three things you need to fix anything in the universe: duct tape, WD-40 and a hammer.  If it moves and it shouldn't, use the duct tape.  If it doesn't move and it should, use the WD-40.  Otherwise use the hammer.

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2013, 02:15:15 pm »
With all due respect ICM, the point is that the ability to send out over two million summonses every time you fail to pay a couple of Rand is where Sanral's plan will fall short.  

No one is saying, be a martyr and go to jail, just - let's remind government that they don't think these things through to the end in terms of practical abilities to contend with the masses, that the people do have a say, and that the people are not going to accept these things lying down.  

You need not take these things personally.  If you want to buy an e-tag, do it.  In any event, you are correct, we are going to pay eventually.  

I for one get excited that finally we are standing up for something, even if that means not doing something to do something.  I watch all the toy toying and marches and always feel a little sad that we never get involved in anything.  I for one don't think we should knock people standing up for what they believe in, whichever way that may be.  

:thumleft:

and depending on how many people are prepared to have their day in court, we will have to see if the courts have the capacity

Online Tommy Transalp

• Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
  • The Older I get... the Faster I WAS!
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2013, 02:16:29 pm »
Hey ICM.... I heard that WD's will be tolled for talking shit and taking up too much space on the forum... :pot:
I live in my own world...
But it's ok... they know me there!
Honda XLV 650 Transalp
Honda CRF230
Royal Enfield 500 Classic

Online Ganjora

« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2013, 02:16:47 pm »

when you do not pay,  request photographic evidence,  etc etc,
the cost of recovering the R3,  is 30 times that.
that is how the beast fails.

ICM,  it is a sad attitude...

Offline KiLRoy

• A serious man...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2013, 02:23:47 pm »
The arrogant defiant will not listen to reason folks.  need to justify his decision. much like some bitter expats bitch from Perth :imaposer:

Online Ganjora

« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2013, 02:26:39 pm »

0800 726 725.

hee hee.
i have 10 company cars i needed to check.
got the same story as you,  with the reference number.
they said they'd send a bill with photos of every vehicle under every gantry.
i think i'll need to check every morning,  and every afternoon.

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2013, 02:31:16 pm »
Mr Alli is concerned to hear about yr resistance methods .....

I have it on good authority that he us pitifully close to pulling the plug on this....

u realise what that 45 minute or 15 minute call every day is going to cost you ?

or the amount of time on this thread, or the amount of time u stand in court ...

u see they have computers, some new fangled thing that will never forget you been there an here and will just keep building the amounts..... so when u try an sell the car or licence it or or or ...

guys, we disagree here on the methods ..if u want to resist do so boldly, not meekly like some doomed animal
Swim.Bike.Run.Eat.Sleep

Offline KiLRoy

• A serious man...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2013, 02:37:47 pm »
'Daddy will now tell you how we beat etolls' ----  :imaposer:

Offline bud500

« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2013, 02:38:10 pm »
ICM, thank you for your concern about how much our non resistance is going to cost us. At least you are safely ensconced behind the ANC....
May the bridges I burn light the way...

Offline KiLRoy

• A serious man...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2013, 02:39:28 pm »
ICM, thank you for your concern about how much our non resistance is going to cost us. At least you are safely ensconced behind the ANC....

the true Mac Maharaj :imaposer:

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2013, 02:41:01 pm »

viva anc viva...... viva zuma viva

lets not forget something here and very important it is , the ANC are the democratically elected government of ZA and chosen by the majority of the ppl in ZA .... whats that old say about ppl getting the govt's they deserve...wtf you okes do that we deserve this as a govt pray tell...paying of etolls may be cheap absolution man  :pot:
Swim.Bike.Run.Eat.Sleep

Offline Pistol

• Shop Mods
  • Henley on Klip
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2013, 02:41:35 pm »
I did my bit - went through the one gantry that I could have avoided between Mailbongwe an Beyers Naude - will do so as often as I can >:D