Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Hard hitting article  (Read 3499 times)

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Kawasaki Versys
Re: Hard hitting article
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2013, 02:38:36 pm »
on what do you build your believe.  You must admit if the vast majority of people dont comply, the system will fail.  So by your own adherence, you are actually making the system work.  kind of like a self-for filling prophesy?

I am not convinced that this will result in failure of the system...it will just make em cleverer at collecting the revenue .... the locust is cleverer than the credit given

Swim.Bike.Run.Eat.Sleep

Offline KiLRoy

• A serious man...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • You said it, man. Nobody fucks with Jesus Quintana
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2013, 02:40:10 pm »
So you dont believe that if they dont get money in - the system will collapse?  Why not?

Offline Chukudeer

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2013, 02:40:53 pm »
For ICM's benefit, I will post this here as well....

I think this will go very much like the AARTO fines. 32% of people fall for the "50% discount" and the intimidation at the roadblocks. This is sufficient for JMPD to make big money. They don't bother to follow procedures with these fines and in very, very few cases follow up on outstanding fines as this is costly.

So the 32% that pay subsidises those that dump the fines in the dustbin.

Same will happen with e-tolls. the 40% that purchased tags will bring in sufficient funds to keep the fat cats happy, you have people like ICM that will happily pay and pay and pay..... because it is the right thing to do. Good for you ICM and thank you for keeping the system off my back   :thumleft: :thumleft:
KTM 990R
Gas Gas 300 now we cooking
Lisdectia rules ko

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2013, 02:43:32 pm »
For ICM's benefit, I will post this here as well....

I think this will go very much like the AARTO fines. 32% of people fall for the "50% discount" and the intimidation at the roadblocks. This is sufficient for JMPD to make big money. They don't bother to follow procedures with these fines and in very, very few cases follow up on outstanding fines as this is costly.

So the 32% that pay subsidises those that dump the fines in the dustbin.

Same will happen with e-tolls. the 40% that purchased tags will bring in sufficient funds to keep the fat cats happy, you have people like ICM that will happily pay and pay and pay..... because it is the right thing to do. Good for you ICM and thank you for keeping the system off my back   :thumleft: :thumleft:

you know what will happen if this occurs, those with etags will cancel their deals which they are permitted to do..sanral will not an cannot allow that to happen so they will go after 100% of the ppl...
Swim.Bike.Run.Eat.Sleep

Offline Chukudeer

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2013, 02:45:31 pm »
Nope, they have your detail.....you agreed to their contract  :laughing4: I did not, and don't intend to. Try and cancel....they have your details!!!

You will pay and pay and pay....... :thumleft: Thanks again for complying so nicely  :thumleft:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 02:47:35 pm by Chukudeer »
KTM 990R
Gas Gas 300 now we cooking
Lisdectia rules ko

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2013, 02:47:29 pm »
Nope, they have your detail.....you agreed to their contract  :laughing4:

You will pay and pay and pay....... :thumleft: Thanks again for complying so nicely  :thumleft:

at the very least you must know yr facts ...this is one of the great myths perpetuated ....

one is free at anytime to dissolve ones contract with Sanral an revert to a pay when they summons you approach... brush up on the CPA
Swim.Bike.Run.Eat.Sleep

Offline KiLRoy

• A serious man...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • You said it, man. Nobody fucks with Jesus Quintana
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2013, 02:49:52 pm »
As Chamberlain said - Hitler is a nice chap and has nothing against the British (or something along those lines)  :imaposer: :imaposer:

Offline RobC

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2013, 02:50:58 pm »

You will pay and pay and pay....... :thumleft: Thanks again for complying so nicely  :thumleft:

at the very least you must know yr facts ...this is one of the great myths perpetuated ....

one is free at anytime to dissolve ones contract with Sanral an revert to a pay when they summons you approach... brush up on the CPA
The CPA also protects one from being criminalised for non payment afaik.
The dishonourable minister has threatened Joe Citizen with a criminal record for non payment. :deal:

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2013, 02:53:18 pm »

The CPA also protects one from being criminalised for non payment afaik.
The dishonourable minister has threatened Joe Citizen with a criminal record for non payment. :deal:

agree , but that is due said ministers lack of understanding of the law ....believe me the sanral beast has some top class lawyers in their pocket...
Swim.Bike.Run.Eat.Sleep

Offline RobC

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2013, 02:55:25 pm »
agree , but that is due said ministers lack of understanding of the law ....believe me the sanral beast has some top class lawyers in their pocket...
Only while they are being paid, the moment the money dries up they will depart. >:D

Offline J-dog

• Bike: Boss Hoss (all models)
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2013, 02:57:57 pm »
so why have an etag if you are not using the toll roads?  Your logic astounds me.  you dont need an etag, since you dont use the toll roads :imaposer:

you got me there ..... I have no sound reason ....maybe just to give you guys needle .... :biggrin:

bloody troll :biggrin:

i think ICM is just causing shite. or at least i hope so. i'd like to take a ride up to jhb, get a R2.80 e-bill, and then fight it all the way to the con-court  :imaposer:

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2013, 02:58:28 pm »
Only while they are being paid, the moment the money dries up they will depart. >:D

I have met with members of their legal team ...clever okes .... and know their stuff .... most were not saffers but Austrians ....this organisation behind sanral re not stupid hey , kind of like FIFA behind the world cup organising committee making sure the locals get it right
Swim.Bike.Run.Eat.Sleep

Offline RobC

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2013, 03:00:28 pm »

I have met with members of their legal team ...clever okes .... and know their stuff .... most were not saffers but Austrians ....this organisation behind sanral re not stupid hey , kind of like FIFA behind the world cup organising committee making sure the locals get it right
They must be very busy here... Portugal needs them! :sip:

Offline Frog

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2013, 03:01:26 pm »
I think Ice Cream Man is winding us up >:D
Triumph Thuxton R
Triumph Bonneville T120
KTM 990R
KTM 990 Adventure (sold), BMW 650 Xchallenge (sold)
BMW 1200GSA (sold)

Offline RobC

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2013, 03:05:18 pm »
Interesting... if true it means Kapsh want to at least break even by then.
http://www.moneyweb.co.za/moneyweb-south-africa/gauteng-etoll-operations-up-for-grabs-in-2018

"The contract with ETC stretches over five years from the start of e-tolls, after which it will be put on open tender again. With e-tolls set to start before the end of the year, that means the contract may be up for grabs by 2018."

Then this gem from SANRAL site;

http://www.nra.co.za/live/content.php?Item_ID=4527
27 May 2011

TOLL REVENUE SCAM

SANRAL has recently become aware of a scam relating to SANRAL toll roads and toll revenue. A certain individual has allegedly informed members of the public that he was facilitating a deal in terms of which he would obtain a portion of the N1 highway in Gauteng (between Malibongwe and Beyers Naude roads) from SANRAL. Members of the public were invited to invest money with this person for an attractive return. The return on investment would be based on a percentage of the toll revenue to be collected on that specific section of the national road.

SANRAL would like to categorically state that this scheme, or any other scheme of this nature, is fraudulent and there will never be any investment opportunities with respect to toll revenue collected on the national toll road network. SANRAL is not permitted to lease its roads to third parties.

The only investment opportunity available to potential investors on SANRAL toll roads is with regard to the bonds issued by SANRAL regularly, to fund its toll road network. This is done through our broker banks, ABSA and RMB.

A criminal case has been opened in this regard with the South African Police Services. The case number is Fairlands CAS 10/3/2011.