Hard hitting article

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KiLRoy

You said it, man. Nobody fucks with the Jesus!
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
https://www.news24.com/MyNews24/eToll-Apartheid-20131202

I guess ICM will laugh at it and and find it very amusing?  Is mos funny to see decent law abiding citizens standing up against corruption and undemocratic methods

Gloat some more then...

Russel

Comments: 31
Article views: 2982

Latest Badges:

View all Russel's badges.

eToll Apartheid

02 December 2013, 12:56

[Reference links are provided at the end of this article]
Listening to the radio this morning my heart was filled with sadness and a hint of disgust. I listened to a well-known Jacaranda FM personality utter words to the effect of “The Constitutional Court has ruled on the issue of eTolls” and in so doing spread misinformation to a great many listeners. The Constitutional Court has done no such thing! They simply ruled that the High Court was not empowered to put a stop to the GFIP project; there was no ruling on the constitutionality of it.
However for the sake of discussion let’s assume that eTolls are declared constitutional, what then? I think better questions to ask are “so what?” or “who cares?” In the past it was the law that certain people could only live in a certain place. The law wasn’t just!
Right now we have another government filled with Nationalists using bullying tactics of the highest order, straight out of the previous National Party book, to force through a new tax in the form of eTolls because at the very best they’ve wasted enough money each year for the last five years or so to have paid for the construction of the GFIP and all the eToll collection fees. That’s five GFIPs!!!! Wasted!!! At the worst there are some very pudgy fingers in a very large cooking jar. More gravy anyone!?
At what point do we as the people of this nation start to say enough is enough? Have we become a people of such timid moral courage that we’d rather look after number one and not bother the big boys because they play too rough? Will we wait until they do something more serious before we decide to act? Will we only wake up when they start to use guns and other weapons because someone else dared to win an election or think of doing so? Is that serious enough?
The problem is that waiting for those more serious moments means that by the time people do wake up it’s often too late. Take Zimbabwe as an example. It’s near impossible for them to get rid of uncle Bob now.
Our time is now!! Everything about the way in which eTolling has been implemented in our great country is corrupt to the core and represents the very worst of what our country has to offer. We don’t have money to build or upgrade the roads because that which was already paid has been wasted or misappropriated so our government simply dips their hands back into our pockets to pay for their poor decisions. Enough is enough right now!!
I for one will not buy an eTag and I won’t be paying again to use the roads I’ve already paid for. I paid away one third of my life savings in tax when I left my professional job and our government doesn’t seem to think we have any right to demand answers from them over how this tax money is spent!!
I appeal to each one to have moral courage now. Make a decision of conscience and resist the theft of your hard earned wages. Don’t buy an eTag. Clog the system. If you feel the call of your conscience not to pay then consider listening to your conscience. Many well-known people in our great country have already committed to exactly this.
If you wait till later you may find that you waited too long. All that is needed for evil to succeed is for good people to do nothing; now is the time to rise up and act. We can act in a peaceful yet forceful manner to send a message to the powers that be that we will not be intimidated into complying with unjust legislation that will harm the poor, impoverish the middle class and make the public infrastructure we’ve all paid for a privatised service controlled by a government that decides in their sole discretion who gets a free pass and who doesn’t. Economic Apartheid under a new Nationalist regime.