Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Lets stage a Gauteng etoll protest with bikes! how many people?  (Read 10251 times)

Offline DouglasN

• Vendors
  • Bike: Triumph 800 XC
Re: Lets stage a Gauteng etoll protest with bikes! how many people?
« Reply #180 on: January 23, 2014, 12:50:49 pm »
From James Sleigh
NOTICE: The following rules of engagement, (probably not the politically correct term) are as follows.

1. No alcohol to be consumed before the event. Needs no explaining.
2. No dangerous weapons will be allowed at the event.
(Latest Bill on a dangerous weapon is construed as any object that can be used to inflict injury) Yeah I know, but it is what it is.
3. No fake police or military uniforms may be worn.
4. No blocking of emergency services, in any form
5. No hate speech banners or enticement of violence
6. Note that the Marshals will wear reflective jacket, their word is law. Obey them please!

Admins of the other groups who plan to attend the BAT Event, post thsi on your pages and pin it so people are aware of the rules.
-----------------------
Douglas Norval

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #181 on: January 23, 2014, 12:53:20 pm »
Who can protest?
As we have seen, Section 17 of the Constitution of our country says that "everyone has the
right, peacefully and unarmed, to assemble, to demonstrate, to picket and to present
petitions”. And the Regulation of Gatherings Act says “every person has the right to
assemble with other persons and to express his views on any matter freely in public and to
enjoy the protection of the State while doing so”. So anyone and everyone can protest, even
if they are not a South African citizen. BUT, if there are 16 or more of you, then your protest
is called a gathering, and there are special rules that you have to follow.

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Kawasaki Versys
« Reply #182 on: January 23, 2014, 12:53:53 pm »
what is the actual protest activity though, riding on the highways, sing kumba ya or what?
Swim.Bike.Run.Eat.Sleep

Offline Ganjora

« Reply #183 on: January 23, 2014, 12:54:58 pm »
From James Sleigh
NOTICE: The following rules of engagement, (probably not the politically correct term) are as follows.

(Latest Bill on a dangerous weapon is construed as any object that can be used to inflict injury) Yeah I know, but it is what it is.
6. Note that the Marshals will wear reflective jacket, their word is law. Obey them please!

Admins of the other groups who plan to attend the BAT Event, post thsi on your pages and pin it so people are aware of the rules.

thanks for the confirmation of rules from Bikers Aligned to e-Toll.
i definitely have to wash my hair.
protest?  
what a farce...

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #184 on: January 23, 2014, 12:55:11 pm »
Who can protest?
As we have seen, Section 17 of the Constitution of our country says that "everyone has the
right, peacefully and unarmed, to assemble, to demonstrate, to picket and to present
petitions”. And the Regulation of Gatherings Act says “every person has the right to
assemble with other persons and to express his views on any matter freely in public and to
enjoy the protection of the State while doing so”. So anyone and everyone can protest, even
if they are not a South African citizen. BUT, if there are 16 or more of you, then your protest

So ganjora's idea is fucking brilliant, groups of 10 okes....that ganjra ou is farking clever I reckon ..viva ganjora leader viva..

so Bundu, you there on satudsya morning?
Swim.Bike.Run.Eat.Sleep

Offline DouglasN

• Vendors
« Reply #185 on: January 23, 2014, 12:55:28 pm »
PRESS RELEASE

B.A.T (Bikers Against Tolls)

Extended Protest Mass Ride in opposition to the Implementation of E-Tolls

Sandton, January 25th, 2014: Bikers Against Tolls (B.A.T) will be hosting a protest mass ride and taking to the highways to protest flawed and unjust E-toll system as well as the unfair Tolling of motorcycles on the National Highways.

This protest ride (Gauteng) has drawn the support from a multitude of motorists and currently over 5000 motor vehicles have committed their support in this protest, over and above the 3000 BAT members (Motorcycles) who will be in attendance.

The protests will run Nationally and take place in the following cities; Johannesburg; Kingwilliams Town; Port Elizabeth; Cape Town and Durban. These other Cities are joining in the National campaign in solidarity of the motorists in Gauteng and the impending implementation of Urban tolling in their own Cities.

The motorcycle community and fellow motorists have had enough of this injustice and arrogance of SANRAL and its representatives. With the continued media reports of the flagrant disregard and mismanagement of the county’s taxes, denounce any further wastage of our resources and demand the scrapping of Urban Tolling, and free passage for motorcycles on National Highways.

BAT will continue to escalate and expand our protest action to other cities until the will of the citizens of this country is respected, and the concept of Urban Tolling is scrapped.

BAT is in full support of COSATU The Justice Project SA and OUTA. We will not relent in our efforts to oppose and dismantle unjust laws or regulations.
-----------------------
Douglas Norval

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #186 on: January 23, 2014, 12:56:07 pm »
From James Sleigh

thanks for the confirmation of rules from Bikers Aligned to e-Toll.
i definitely have to wash my hair.
protest?  
what a farce...

its no.1 hey ....  :lol8:

but u can have becks 0 %
Swim.Bike.Run.Eat.Sleep

Offline Ganjora

« Reply #187 on: January 23, 2014, 12:56:41 pm »
Who can protest?

so my idea of groups of 10 was actually pretty good???
well if i had said 15 my idea would have been 50% better.

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #188 on: January 23, 2014, 12:57:23 pm »
Quote from: link=topic=140045.msg2744979#msg2744979 date=1390474528

BAT is in full support of COSATU The Justice Project SA and OUTA. We will not relent in our efforts to oppose and dismantle unjust laws or regulations.

I kind of draw the line here ,, I do not support COSATU in any form
Swim.Bike.Run.Eat.Sleep

Offline PierreO

« Reply #189 on: January 23, 2014, 01:10:31 pm »
WDF if you don't want to go then don't go , why try and convince other people not to go ?

Offline dirtyXT

« Reply #190 on: January 23, 2014, 01:10:44 pm »

lol. anyway noooo suprises here. found a way out have you. lets be honest you haven't supported this from the get go. in fact you are pro e-tolling. don't come I'm sure one person wont make a difference. ooooor just come along to see the sights. ignore this lot lads, see you sat.
Bike history:
Ital jet 50 - sold, DT 50 - scrapped - AR80 - sold DT185 - confiscated  KDX250 - sold ZZR400 - sold KX500 - XT660R Swapped for R1 YZF R1 - sold - XT660Z - current

Offline DouglasN

• Vendors
« Reply #191 on: January 23, 2014, 01:12:13 pm »

and thats how we loose battles, focus on what seperates us instead of focusing on the common enemy.
-----------------------
Douglas Norval

Offline dirtyXT

« Reply #192 on: January 23, 2014, 01:13:10 pm »

and thats how we loose battles, focus on what seperates us instead of focusing on the common enemy.
its only one maybe two guys Doug. dont worry about them. We will be there to support you.
Bike history:
Ital jet 50 - sold, DT 50 - scrapped - AR80 - sold DT185 - confiscated  KDX250 - sold ZZR400 - sold KX500 - XT660R Swapped for R1 YZF R1 - sold - XT660Z - current

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #193 on: January 23, 2014, 01:29:45 pm »
oh no , u misjudge me kerels ..I still be there I reckon ....

but I don't support COSATU in the least....its like voting COPE and finding out they in bed with the FF+

since when is aligning oneself with less desirable crowds considered ok?
Swim.Bike.Run.Eat.Sleep

Offline dirtyXT

« Reply #194 on: January 23, 2014, 01:32:25 pm »
oh no , u misjudge me kerels ..I still be there I reckon ....

but I don't support COSATU in the least....its like voting COPE and finding out they in bed with the FF+

since when is aligning oneself with less desirable crowds considered ok?
:thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: great. I would love to shake hands with you.
Bike history:

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #195 on: January 23, 2014, 01:34:46 pm »

term is lose

common enemy

permit

no booze

eish
Swim.Bike.Run.Eat.Sleep

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #196 on: January 23, 2014, 01:37:38 pm »
Since u believe in e-tolls so much ICM i hope u pitch up. With your tag
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline BikerJan

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #197 on: January 23, 2014, 01:43:54 pm »

term is lose

common enemy

permit

no booze

eish

It always amazes me that you get people who cannot organize a piss up in a bar, but they are always full of criticisms when somebody actually does something.

What have you and Ganjora done to date ICM, if you are so opposed to the etol sysytems, have you arrange a protest, beer drinking session to discuss the problem, panty comparison session?

WTF, if you want to come along, shut the fuck up and do so, if not, stay the fuck away

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #198 on: January 23, 2014, 01:46:45 pm »

term is lose

common enemy

permit

no booze

eish

It always amazes me that you get people who cannot organize a piss up in a bar, but they are always full of criticisms when somebody actually does something.

What have you and Ganjora done to date ICM, if you are so opposed to the etol sysytems, have you arrange a protest, beer drinking session to discuss the problem, panty comparison session?

WTF, if you want to come along, shut the fuck up and do so, if not, stay the fuck away

bikerjan, you should be the comrade leader , you have shown more piss an vinegar in one post that in the previous 10 pages.....lets go burn gantries
Swim.Bike.Run.Eat.Sleep

Offline dirtyXT

« Reply #199 on: January 23, 2014, 01:58:11 pm »

term is lose

common enemy

permit

no booze

eish

bikerjan, you should be the comrade leader , you have shown more piss an vinegar in one post that in the previous 10 pages.....lets go burn gantries
always gotta be that guy. ah ICM. bless your cotton socks
Bike history: