Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Lets stage a Gauteng etoll protest with bikes! how many people?  (Read 10677 times)

Offline KiLRoy

• A serious man...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • You said it, man. Nobody fucks with Jesus Quintana
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
Re: Lets stage a Gauteng etoll protest with bikes! how many people?
« Reply #220 on: January 24, 2014, 08:38:19 am »
I still think a mass ride to Sanral's HQ and throwing the fucks with eggs and shit will have a better effect.  BAT must take notice - next one :thumleft:

Coordinated approach to throw shit and eggs at all their kiosks too.
nice one, i think Ganjora and ICM might be positive about that one. they get to mess things up in real time!

this sounds more up my alley.
we must make sure it is not sanctioned/organised by Bikers Aligned to e-Tolls (BAT),
then we can drink beer,  and not have any road captains.
we can go in groups of 10,  with eggs or a fresh turd in a brown paper bag,  and pelt them with shit.

to hell with groups of 10 , more more more and to hell with permits...even if we 17.......actually lets be 17 that would be really naughty hey and flaunt it int the face of sanral and I think they would be intimidated cos we not going to ask for no pussy permit.....

Kilroy, look forward to seeing you at the BAT event tomorrow morning my good man

Sorry, my wife had a op in the week and I have to ferry children around tomorrow.  Next time....   But be strong - dont get an etag, and dont pay.  Thats what will make the difference.

BTW - i'm sorry to report that my employer organised a Sanral registration day/kiosk at work.  Seems they are targeting the workplace to get people to register.  Big business in SA is letting us down...

Offline dirtyXT

« Reply #221 on: January 24, 2014, 08:43:58 am »
XT, I wish you guys well, and I really do hope to see you on the six o'clock news.  :thumleft:
:thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: fantastic thanks mate, i like the attitude. i hope so too. ill be the guy with the NO ETOLL GP plate.
Bike history:
Ital jet 50 - sold, DT 50 - scrapped - AR80 - sold DT185 - confiscated  KDX250 - sold ZZR400 - sold KX500 - XT660R Swapped for R1 YZF R1 - sold - XT660Z - current

Offline Ganjora

« Reply #222 on: January 24, 2014, 08:45:53 am »
ill be the guy with the NO ETOLL GP plate.

are you drunk or mad?
there's no way in fuck i'm lending you my bike.

Offline Dogboxelectric

• Bike: Honda XR650L
  • SANI- So not done with Lesotho
« Reply #223 on: January 24, 2014, 08:48:57 am »
There are already 5000+ people gathering at the Portuguese Club(Crusaders Clubhouse) this Saturday 25th, they will be riding up to Comarro and getting on the Highway there.

Mesmerising stuff?!?
Honda XR650L 2011
Kawasaki Versys 650 2014

Offline KiLRoy

• A serious man...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • You said it, man. Nobody fucks with Jesus Quintana
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #224 on: January 24, 2014, 08:49:16 am »
time?

Online Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #225 on: January 24, 2014, 08:50:42 am »

BTW - i'm sorry to report that my employer organised a Sanral registration day/kiosk at work.  Seems they are targeting the workplace to get people to register.  Big business in SA is letting us down...

I suppose organising for Scamral to have a kiosk at work is one thing, but actually buing the etag is another.

If all the employees refuse to buy, them maybe the employers will sit up and take note?

Scamral on the other hand... they to farking dumb to take any notice.
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline Dogboxelectric

• Bike: Honda XR650L
  • SANI- So not done with Lesotho
« Reply #226 on: January 24, 2014, 09:04:02 am »
time?

They are meeting at 7:30 and the ride starts at 9am

From their FB page.

OVERWHELMING RESPONSE TO e-TOLL PROTEST

Who would have thought that so many South Africans from all walks of life could stand together for a common cause? We never expected such an unbelievable response to our e-toll protest that is taking place on Saturday the 25th of January.

As a result we have had to organise a much larger starting point, one capable of holding over 5,000 vehicles. We will no longer be meeting at the BP Oasis on Beyers Naude, our change is for us to meet between 7:30am and 09:00am at the Portuguese hall (Crusaders Club House), cnr. Wemmer Pan Road and Victoria road, Johannesburg South. GPS S26• 14’ 28.3” E028• 03’ 71.1”

This venue is large enough and has additional ground to accommodate the incredible support.

The route will be from the Portuguese Hall to the Comarro on ramp, from there we head North as per plan and end back at the Portuguese hall. Please note you can leave the protest at anytime as to not miss your offramp back home.

I am sure that you can all appreciate the logistical nightmare of not only coordinating around 5,000 members of the public, but taking all other factors, including the permits and legal implications into consideration.
This protest is about every single one of you, this is a call to stand united and show our clear and unadulterated contempt for a system that we did not ask for, that we do not need, and we are not going to pay for.

We would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the late notice of venue change. We however had no way of anticipating the overwhelming response that we have had.

Again, thank you for your continued support.

If you are attending the protest drive/ public invoice burning on Saturday, please note the rules...

NOTICE: The following rules of engagement, (probably not the politically correct term) are as follows.

1. No alcohol to be consumed before the event. Needs no explaining.
2. No dangerous weapons will be allowed at the event.
(Latest Bill on a dangerous weapon is construed as any object that can be used to inflict injury) Yeah I know, but it is what it is.
3. No fake police or military uniforms may be worn.
4. No blocking of emergency services, in any form
5. No hate speech banners or enticement of violence
6. Note that the Marshals will wear reflective jackets, their word is law. Obey them please!

Please, everybody, adhere to the rules and nobody do anything stupid or illegal.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 09:05:59 am by Dogboxelectric »
Mesmerising stuff?!?
Honda XR650L 2011
Kawasaki Versys 650 2014

Offline dirtyXT

« Reply #227 on: January 24, 2014, 09:06:05 am »
time?

They are meeting at 7:30 and the ride starts at 9am
thanks boet, we are joining them, and are apart of the BAT ride.
Bike history:
Ital jet 50 - sold, DT 50 - scrapped - AR80 - sold DT185 - confiscated  KDX250 - sold ZZR400 - sold KX500 - XT660R Swapped for R1 YZF R1 - sold - XT660Z - current

Offline dirtyXT

« Reply #228 on: January 24, 2014, 09:07:51 am »
ill be the guy with the NO ETOLL GP plate.

are you drunk or mad?
there's no way in fuck i'm lending you my bike.
well im not drunk so ill go with mad. this may come as a shock to you but i have the same plates... see? its destiny that you join in. you cant deny fate like that. see you tomorrow.
Bike history:

Offline Skootaboy

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #229 on: January 24, 2014, 09:11:54 am »
I'll be there!
Does a paintball gun qualify as a dangerous weapon?
We need to splatter the camera lens's with goo

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Kawasaki Versys
« Reply #230 on: January 24, 2014, 09:15:12 am »
where Portuguese hall?
Swim.Bike.Run.Eat.Sleep

Offline dirtyXT

Bike history:

Offline Ganjora

« Reply #232 on: January 24, 2014, 09:27:01 am »
well im not drunk so ill go with mad. this may come as a shock to you but i have the same plates... see? its destiny that you join in. you cant deny fate like that. see you tomorrow.

oh dear,
even the fake numberplates are being cloned.

Offline dirtyXT

Bike history:

Offline BiganDaft

• Bike: Triumph 900 Scrambler
« Reply #234 on: January 24, 2014, 11:18:14 am »
Just a note from the BAT Facebook page:

If any split groups are doing their own ride, BAT can get into trouble and all the effort of doing organized protesting is out the door. I dont think some really understands or cares about the extent that goes into this. If people ride their own ride you can kiss a legal protest from BAT goodbye.

James and Shaun can stand on their heads and piss into the wind, JMPD will NEVER EVER give us another permit. Anyone meeting at BP Oasis because of flyers given out must depart from there in a NON protesting manner straight to Crusaders. From there we ALL depart together. Thank you Grant Stockdale for fetching the guys and doing the extra effort.
Current:
Triumph Tiger 800XC, Triumph Scrambler, Yamaha XT 500 X 2, Yamaha XT550, Yamaha XT600, Kawasaki KLR 650, KTM 50
Past:
Triumph Tiger 855 (sold), Triumph Speed Triple 955 (sold), Triumph Speed Triple 1050 (sold),Yamaha IT 490 (SOLD) Triumph Tiger 1050 (sold), Honda XR200 (killed), Honda XR 500 (killed), XT600 (killed)

Offline dirtyXT

« Reply #235 on: January 24, 2014, 11:50:39 am »

If any split groups are doing their own ride, BAT can get into trouble and all the effort of doing organized protesting is out the door. I dont think some really understands or cares about the extent that goes into this. If people ride their own ride you can kiss a legal protest from BAT goodbye.

James and Shaun can stand on their heads and piss into the wind, JMPD will NEVER EVER give us another permit. Anyone meeting at BP Oasis because of flyers given out must depart from there in a NON protesting manner straight to Crusaders. From there we ALL depart together. Thank you Grant Stockdale for fetching the guys and doing the extra effort.
ok cool thanks, guess the guys who are inconvenienced by the location change will just have to pull finger and come to the start. im waiting for the whinge brigade to weigh in now. see you there!
Bike history:

Offline Edd

• Bike: Suzuki DL 650 V-Strom
« Reply #236 on: January 24, 2014, 03:00:43 pm »

ok cool thanks, guess the guys who are inconvenienced by the location change will just have to pull finger and come to the start. im waiting for the whinge brigade to weigh in now. see you there!

See you there DirtyXt.  :thumleft:
Face your Fears, Live your Dreams

Online BikerJan

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #237 on: January 24, 2014, 03:12:23 pm »
What have you and Ganjora done to date ICM, if you are so opposed to the etol sysytems, have you arrange a protest, beer drinking session to discuss the problem, panty comparison session?

oh ja, 
forgot that i also had an illegal numberplate made up,  and ride around at the risk of jail/bike impoundment,
it's my way of giving the middle finger when i go under their gantries.

so,  bikerjan,  what the fuck have you done?
oh ja,  you're going on a ride with your SABS approved numberplateplate on,  and collecting e-toll charges there and back.
well done.    :thumleft:

Neither of my personal vehicles have an ETag, Neither of my company's vehicles have an etag ( 25 vehicles). 

My bike do not have a number plate

AND I am not constantly whining and criticizing the efforts from other people, but am giving them my full support.

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Kawasaki Versys
« Reply #238 on: January 24, 2014, 03:25:09 pm »

unless its raining hey ,,then we go pub
Swim.Bike.Run.Eat.Sleep

Online BikerJan

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #239 on: January 24, 2014, 03:39:14 pm »

unless its raining hey ,,then we go pub

Looks like the weather is going to play along