Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: eTolls - The Political implication  (Read 2949 times)

Online IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Triumph (all models)
Re: eTolls - The Political implication
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2013, 03:10:21 pm »
I didn't insult anyone , your backtracking brought it on

As far as what I have don't today , I have held two anti tag / e_toll discussions , amongst my collegues , handed out some stickers , used my roads tag free.
But most of all , held out another day in defiance against corruption and general cowardice

And you ? ........ If I may ask

hey, I avoided the highways thus ensuring they do not get my revenue...... u used the roads thereby passively agreeing that sanral can bill you (if they get thru the admin nightmare) but by using the roads you have consented to their billing of the roads.... u don't need an etag to consent you know...u do it tacitly when you use the roads.

but nice one.... every lil bit helps
Swim.Bike.Run.Eat.Sleep

Offline laurika

• hoessenaam van hydrabad...
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • helmet hair is very cool....everyone says so
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2013, 03:14:09 pm »
"and still it continues.......

=
if we cannot tolerate views opposite to ours or we do not make an effort to empathise with those views then surely that makes us very closed human beings and closed humans resort to insulting those they cannot an will not tolerate.

the intolerance on this forum is a lil eye brow raising or is that low brow raising ...

just cos I choose to have an etag does not make me spinelss, does not make me a coward, does not make me a twatwaffle or whatever other insult you care to hurl at ppl ..... the emotion in this saga (nor restricted to WD) is making ppl gullible who then fall for any scrap that comes along, hysteria prevents rational thinking ....

change is inevitable ,one way or the other we are going to pay for these roads and mostly argue that these roads have been paid for time an time again then say a fuel levy is ok..."

i dont agree with tolling but i do agree with some of the things  ICM says...we are allowed to have different opinions and forcing  people to change their views because it is not yours ...well, its kinda against the whole idea of freedom of association...

"There is no happiness for him who does not travel...Therefore, wander... The fortune of him who is sitting sits, it rises when he rises, it sleeps when he sleeps, it moves when he moves... Therefore, wander!"...The Rig Veda - 800 - 600 BC..

bmw F650GS/ XT 660 R

Offline dirtyXT

« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2013, 03:17:28 pm »
 :biggrin: public flogging!   :pot:
Bike history:
Ital jet 50 - sold, DT 50 - scrapped - AR80 - sold DT185 - confiscated  KDX250 - sold ZZR400 - sold KX500 - XT660R Swapped for R1 YZF R1 - sold - XT660Z - current

Offline alanB

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2013, 03:24:10 pm »
OK Kilroy asked me to moderate this section, I'm not sure why, because I'm not exactly unbiased.  But I accepted!

So lets stop the personal attacks, nothing wrong with robust debate, but I don't think it helps to have this degenerate into the usual name calling and personal arguments.

Everyone has the right to their opinion (no matter how annoying you or I may find it).

But on the same token, try and keep the comments relevant and not just troll trying to get a rise out of the people that feel quite passionately about the subject - for or against.

Deal?

I will take the necessary steps otherwise, with no correspondence entered into .... (feel like a bloody schoolmaster  ::))

Husqvarna '09 610TE - Great Bike!

I just finished a SciFi novel Extinction: Task Team, download the preview.

Offline Beebop

• Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2013, 03:30:05 pm »
OK Kilroy asked me to moderate this section, I'm not sure why, because I'm not exactly unbiased.  But I accepted!

So lets stop the personal attacks, nothing wrong with robust debate, but I don't think it helps to have this degenerate into the usual name calling and personal arguments.

Everyone has the right to their opinion (no matter how annoying you or I may find it).

But on the same token, try and keep the comments relevant and not just troll trying to get a rise out of the people that feel quite passionately about the subject - for or against.

Deal?

I will take the necessary steps otherwise, with no correspondence entered into .... (feel like a bloody schoolmaster  ::))

Yes ma'am.....

Offline Inprogress

• Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Life's to short to be an adult!
    • Umfanjana Films
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2013, 04:30:20 pm »

As far as what I have don't today , I have held two anti tag / e_toll discussions , amongst my collegues , handed out some stickers , used my roads tag free.
But most of all , held out another day in defiance against corruption and general cowardice

hey, I avoided the highways thus ensuring they do not get my revenue...... u used the roads thereby passively agreeing that sanral can bill you (if they get thru the admin nightmare) but by using the roads you have consented to their billing of the roads.... u don't need an etag to consent you know...u do it tacitly when you use the roads.

That is the wrong way around.
If an idle mind is the devil's workshop, then a busy mind is God's canvas

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2013, 08:15:27 pm »

by using MY roads i am agreeing to nothing , i am stating my intent to continue using for what i have already paid for , i am also making a stand against continued theft ,
by purchasing an e-tag one legitimizes their corruption 
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Online IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Triumph (all models)
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2013, 06:46:06 am »

by using MY roads i am agreeing to nothing , i am stating my intent to continue using for what i have already paid for , i am also making a stand against continued theft ,

sadly , yr view is not correct ...... this is where the emotional rhetoric is incorrect..using the roads with the attitude that SANRAL can send you a bill through the mail is tacitly approving the system...

the only real way of rejecting the toll roads completely is not to get etagged an not to use them at all....even using them with false plates etc is still using the roads ...

I know, not a palatable thing to read.....not on a Friday morning ... day4 ...and still not one gantry have I gone under..

another thing that continually creeps up in the conversation is the "corruption" of the ANC and the like, again no one is arguing , I think you will find I am a bigger opponent of the ANC than most here, a search of posts over the years will corroborate this but we should keep this about tolls ... and focus on the tolls....bringing all these other facets in just blurs the focus .... the most powerful weapon we have is to vote DA in april 2014.....and failing that to vote anti ANC ...this is after all a democracy and that's how democracies wrok....u don't like it u vote against it.
Swim.Bike.Run.Eat.Sleep

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2013, 03:25:35 pm »

sadly , yr view is not correct ...... this is where the emotional rhetoric is incorrect..using the roads with the attitude that SANRAL can send you a bill through the mail is tacitly approving the system...

the only real way of rejecting the toll roads completely is not to get etagged an not to use them at all....even using them with false plates etc is still using the roads ...

I know, not a palatable thing to read.....not on a Friday morning ... day4 ...and still not one gantry have I gone under..

another thing that continually creeps up in the conversation is the "corruption" of the ANC and the like, again no one is arguing , I think you will find I am a bigger opponent of the ANC than most here, a search of posts over the years will corroborate this but we should keep this about tolls ... and focus on the tolls....bringing all these other facets in just blurs the focus .... the most powerful weapon we have is to vote DA in april 2014.....and failing that to vote anti ANC ...this is after all a democracy and that's how democracies wrok....u don't like it u vote against it.

i see purchasing an e tag as a vote for sanral ,  but  hey  carry  on  , your choice
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride