Technical questions on E-Tolls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toucan

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
This thread is inspired by the competition thread for doffest question except i have some legit questions that i can't find answers to. all answers real and not so real will be appreciated.

1. how will the camera's work in the traditional afternoon thunderstorms? i can't even see the car in front of me never mind its license plate.
2. if your bike is on a trailer and it has an e-tag will you be charged? this question is in the competition thread but i believe that it is a valid one.
3. if more than on vehicle is driving alongside another when they pass beneath the gantry which one will the camera's pick up and charge? similarly how will bikes that are lane splitting be detected? or if two cars or more straddle the lines so that each on is in half a lane what will the system do?
4. how long will it be before it is legislated that they can use the gantries for speed over distance enforcement? from what i understand the system already does this but it is not legal (yet) to use it for law enforcement.

what other questions can you think of?