Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Not Registered and e-toll payments  (Read 10656 times)

Offline Sláinte Mhaith

Not Registered and e-toll payments
« on: December 05, 2013, 11:05:33 am »
So you have no e-tag. Then how does the system work?

Here they mention a grace period of 7 days for payment:
http://www.sanral.co.za/e-toll/index.php?gort_xml+template~~menu/main~~L1_9699

Sending invoices and making payment in such a short period is not possible.
Does this implies that the onus is on you to follow up on what you have to pay?
Do they still send you and invoice? By post, email, sms?
What happens when you don't pay in 7 days?

Offline Sláinte Mhaith

Re: Not Registered and e-toll payments
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 11:09:18 am »
If a road-user does not want to register an e-toll Account, the e-toll fees may be paid at ...........or online by clicking here. In this case it will be required that the road user provide his Vehicle Licence Plate Number.

;D ;D ;D

And that takes you here.

Offline Sláinte Mhaith

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 11:12:10 am »
What happens when you don't pay in 7 days?

Aahh

Important to note: A road user who chooses not to register an e-toll Account and wants to pay their e-toll fees, has to pay within the grace periodInformationThe Grace Period is the time frame which a road user has in which to pay their outstanding fees.

The Grace Period is 7 days from the time of your transaction. If payment is not made within the grace periodInformationThe Grace Period is the time frame which a road user has in which to pay their outstanding fees.

The Grace Period is 7 days from the time of your transaction , the transaction would be handed over to the VPC (Violations Processing Centre) where higher tariffs will be applicable. A road user who is not registered, does not have an e-tag and does not pay within the seven day grace periodInformationThe Grace Period is the time frame which a road user has in which to pay their outstanding fees.

The Grace Period is 7 days from the time of your transaction is classified as an Alternate UserInformationAn alternate user is a user who does not qualify for any discounts at the time of an e-toll transaction and will pay standard e-toll tarrif rates.

An alternate user is identified at the time of the e-toll transaction by an e-tag or VLN or by both where applicable. and will be liable for the Alternate User tariff.

Seems you just don't qualify for the discount.

That implies that if you pay within 7 days even without an e-tag you still qualify for a discount. ???

Offline Bike_Buddies

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 11:13:48 am »
If a road-user does not want to register an e-toll Account, the e-toll fees may be paid at ...........or online by clicking here. In this case it will be required that the road user provide his Vehicle Licence Plate Number.

;D ;D ;D

And that takes you here.

Open the link twice and You'll be directed to the correct page

Offline Poffmuis

• aka Newguy
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Rally rally rally
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 11:48:12 am »
What does an organisation pay to process a credit card payment?

If I pay directly after passing each boom (like R2 transactions), will they not start incurring a loss??

a credit card transaction will cost me nothing

Offline OomD

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 02:09:56 pm »

;D ;D ;D

And that takes you here.

What do you mean by  "open the link twice"? Doesn't matter how many times I try to open it, it keeps going to the login page depicted above.

Offline Beebop

• Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 02:11:57 pm »
if you dont pay within 7 days, you are classified as an "alternate user", and the price doubles.

Offline laurika

• hoessenaam van hydrabad...
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • helmet hair is very cool....everyone says so
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, 02:14:27 pm »
so they will send my etoll bill to the same non-existing address that all my fines are sent to....so imagine i am not linked to the internet either....how will they then proceed?

"There is no happiness for him who does not travel...Therefore, wander... The fortune of him who is sitting sits, it rises when he rises, it sleeps when he sleeps, it moves when he moves... Therefore, wander!"...The Rig Veda - 800 - 600 BC..

bmw F650GS/ XT 660 R

Offline Sláinte Mhaith

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2013, 02:20:30 pm »
so they will send my etoll bill to the same non-existing address that all my fines are sent to....so imagine i am not linked to the internet either....how will they then proceed?

Under correction, but you are obliged to update your 'domicilium et executandi' per law or enatis or whatever, and not doing so may get you in trouble.
But then again, have also not heard of anyone being prosecuted for that. (maybe only as part of another case)

Offline Sláinte Mhaith

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2013, 02:23:26 pm »

Under correction, but you are obliged to update your 'domicilium et executandi' per law or enatis or whatever, and not doing so may get you in trouble.
But then again, have also not heard of anyone being prosecuted for that. (maybe only as part of another case)

Edit: The above is relevant to summonses which can not be posted to you.  Your postal address for fines and shit is not an issue. Nothing stops me from getting a postal box and just never collecting any post.

Offline Swart Gevaar

• Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2013, 02:28:08 pm »

So, what if I make my address like the sometimes have in the West of Ireland where your address is written on an envelope like this:

Mr A Kelly
First white wall after stone wall ends
Enniskerry
Co. Wicklow

In otherwords, no street name, no nr. Like the so many shack dwellers...
You know you've landed with the wheels up when it takes full power to taxi to the ramp.

Offline Sidpitt

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Thumpers Rule!!!
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2013, 02:30:12 pm »
If I lived in Gauteng.....this is what I'd do
If you dont like something, change it!
If you cant, change your attitude.
Dont complain!

Offline MegaPix

• Bike: Suzuki DL 650 V-Strom
    • Kobus Schoeman Photography
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2013, 02:36:00 pm »

DOMICILEUM CITANDI ET EXECUTANDI -- Means the physical address where you will keep the asset.  In this case the bike or car.  NOW ?????

How many of us still get postal deliveries at the physical address?  Not many

So what now?? ??? ??? ??? ???
Kobus Schoeman
www.mega-pix.co.za/blog
www.ksphoto.co.za
Bryanston, Sandton 
Bike:  First ever - Big Boy 200  XTG, KLR 650, latest buy... Suzuki DL650 V Strom

Offline laurika

• Forum Whore
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2013, 02:48:03 pm »

DOMICILEUM CITANDI ET EXECUTANDI -- Means the physical address where you will keep the asset.  In this case the bike or car.  NOW ?????

exactly...i have no postal, and i rent and move often...so how do they find you?

"There is no happiness for him who does not travel...Therefore, wander... The fortune of him who is sitting sits, it rises when he rises, it sleeps when he sleeps, it moves when he moves... Therefore, wander!"...The Rig Veda - 800 - 600 BC..

bmw F650GS/ XT 660 R

Offline MegaPix

• Bike: Suzuki DL 650 V-Strom
    • Kobus Schoeman Photography
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2013, 02:49:57 pm »

DOMICILEUM CITANDI ET EXECUTANDI -- Means the physical address where you will keep the asset.  In this case the bike or car.  NOW ?????

How many of us still get postal deliveries at the physical address?  Not many

exactly...i have no postal, and i rent and move often...so how do they find you?

Their problem and why are you moving so often?  RUNNING?   :imaposer:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 02:50:32 pm by MegaPix »
Kobus Schoeman
www.mega-pix.co.za/blog
www.ksphoto.co.za
Bryanston, Sandton 
Bike:  First ever - Big Boy 200  XTG, KLR 650, latest buy... Suzuki DL650 V Strom

Offline laurika

• Forum Whore
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2013, 03:05:51 pm »

DOMICILEUM CITANDI ET EXECUTANDI -- Means the physical address where you will keep the asset.  In this case the bike or car.  NOW ?????

How many of us still get postal deliveries at the physical address?  Not many

Their problem and why are you moving so often?  RUNNING?   :imaposer:
short attention span....

bmw F650GS/ XT 660 R

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2013, 03:11:20 pm »
AFAIK paying within 7 days is fine, within 30 days, a certain higher rate, within 60 days another higher rate and after 60 days they hand over to debt collectors - I'm taking the last option, which IMO is the option to make the system fail, as there are not enough debt collectors or judges to handle the load
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 03:12:28 pm by Bundu »

Offline laurika

• Forum Whore
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2013, 03:17:00 pm »
AFAIK paying within 7 days is fine, within 30 days, a certain higher rate, within 60 days another higher rate and after 60 days they hand over to debt collectors - I'm taking the last option, which IMO is the option to make the system fail, as there are not enough debt collectors or judges to handle the load
hmmm. bit of a gap in the market for debt collectors...perhaps its a great new career path for all those ex army muscle men with all the frustration, and only the traffic to take it out on..... ;)

bmw F650GS/ XT 660 R

Offline Bike_Buddies

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2013, 03:19:02 pm »

;D ;D ;D

And that takes you here.

What do you mean by  "open the link twice"? Doesn't matter how many times I try to open it, it keeps going to the login page depicted above.

Well sorry for you then

It works just fine on my side

https://www.sanral.co.za/e-toll/portal/PayTollFeesUnregisteredUsers.aspx

« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 03:21:35 pm by Bike_Buddies »

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Triumph (all models)
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2013, 03:27:36 pm »

not true , its not where you will keep the asset ...but the address where legal notices can be delivered to you...the 2 of course will be mostly the same ... A PO Box is not a valid example as you cannot live in a PO box

it has a number of other legal ramifications too but not sufficient space here
Swim.Bike.Run.Eat.Sleep