Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Husqvarna spares concern  (Read 1784 times)

Online sidetrack

Husqvarna spares concern
« on: December 06, 2013, 07:09:41 pm »
So HK and myself need some 610 spares. No stock at Hall's and presently waiting 3 weeks plus and nothing from Europe yet ... I also know that 2006 airboxes are not avaliable anymore ... anywhere. Yes we know the warehouse is moving but I hope this is not signs of things to come for the pre KTM Huskies ?
Little by little, one travels far

J.R.R Tolkien
Ride reports :
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=134175.0 Penge's pass and the Old Forest http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=9421.0 - Orange Atlantic adventure http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=7514.0 - 805 km day trip http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=20260.0 - East Cape Bash http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=70199.0 - Two KTM thumpers head north

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
Re: Husqvarna spares concern
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 07:14:01 pm »
What is it you need? I think you are being unnecessarily alarmist IMHO.
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701R  Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  Yamaha YZ250X BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

:ricky:

Offline HK

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 07:23:08 pm »
I ordered the following :

1 x spedo cable
1 x air filter
8 x Rocker bushes ( 4 for sidetrack and 4 as spares)
2 x water pump gaskets  ( 1 for sidetrack and 1 as spare )
2 x side cover decals
1 x side cover grommet

Ordered  thru Primrose as Halls had no stock. Primrose told me 2 weeks , we are now over 3 weeks and no news on when they expect it.

So we are a bit frustrated but hopefully it will get better when the new plant is up and running
Husqvarna 610 TE
Yamaha YZ 450F

Online sidetrack

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 07:35:51 pm »
Incredible there is no airfilter in stock ! The 610 is an great ds bike, just buy your spares way in advance and keep two of everything. Holidays without riding, ho ho ho Merry Xmas
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 09:34:43 pm by sidetrack »

J.R.R Tolkien
Ride reports :
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=134175.0 Penge's pass and the Old Forest http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=9421.0 - Orange Atlantic adventure http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=7514.0 - 805 km day trip http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=20260.0 - East Cape Bash http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=70199.0 - Two KTM thumpers head north

Offline BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 07:53:27 pm »
I think the moving of the spares warehouse is probably the problem and unfortunately bad timing. I never had to wait more than 10 -14 days for spares from Primrose, even from abroad. There are also other alternatives to Halls in USA and e-Bay is full up with Husky spares, including air filters! Personally I would look to replace the OEM TwinAir air filter with a Uni filter. Your speedo cable could also probably be easily and cheaply repaired by Cableman. Sure I doubt we will have endless off the shelf spares for the 610's but that is the inevitable price we will pay - I do though think most parts will be obtainable for some time to come. 
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701R  Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  Yamaha YZ250X BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

Offline Straatkat

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 09:31:02 pm »
When it comes to spares one can make a plan with most stuff, even modify a little to accommodate available parts, but when it comes to engine internals it may be a problem. I have always driven vehicles that were not strongly supported and have always been able to make a plan, but it comes at some inconvenience and not being able to go on a ride because of waiting for spares really suck. The price to pay for exclusivity.
18 till I die.
If hard work pays, show me rich donkey.

Offline BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 09:37:10 pm »
When it comes to spares one can make a plan with most stuff, even modify a little to accommodate available parts, but when it comes to engine internals it may be a problem. I have always driven vehicles that were not strongly supported and have always been able to make a plan, but it comes at some inconvenience and not being able to go on a ride because of waiting for spares really suck. The price to pay for exclusivity.

Agreed on the specific internals - at least it looks like the engine will live on in another reiteration which is promising for future spares of this sort.

Offline dirtWarp

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • I crash like a champ!
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2013, 11:16:41 am »
So HK and myself need some 610 spares. No stock at Hall's and presently waiting 3 weeks plus and nothing from Europe yet ... I also know that 2006 airboxes are not avaliable anymore ... anywhere. Yes we know the warehouse is moving but I hope this is not signs of things to come for the pre KTM Huskies ?
If the spares shortage will result in us aborting next weekend's ride, I will (believe it or not) dislike the 610 even more.
Just buy a Honda already! That xr600 with rebuilt motor will serve you much better  ::)

Offline BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2013, 11:24:46 am »
If the spares shortage will result in us aborting next weekend's ride, I will (believe it or not) dislike the 610 even more.
Just buy a Honda already! That xr600 with rebuilt motor will serve you much better  ::)

I suggest if you have nothing positive to contribute to these Husqvarna threads that you refrain from posting on them.

Offline dirtWarp

• I crash like a champ!
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2013, 11:35:44 am »

I suggest if you have nothing positive to contribute to these Husqvarna threads that you refrain from posting on them.
You have a point there..
See if you can ban me from posting in the Husky forum; I find it too hard to resist posting.

Online sidetrack

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2013, 12:25:16 pm »
I think Primrose have no clue when the spares will arrive, they are buying time by saying next ... next week. Can't blame them not their problem fault things worked out this way. I just wonder how much 610 spares were made by Husqvarna Italy and how much have been used up ? I also understand that any model should have spares support for at least 10 years after it's manufacture, wonder how that is still apllicable to KTM when they bought Husky ?

J.R.R Tolkien
Ride reports :

Online sidetrack

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2013, 12:26:19 pm »
But they look old are tall and requires long legs to kick start - not for me  :biggrin:

J.R.R Tolkien
Ride reports :

Offline BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2013, 12:59:36 pm »
Just buy a Honda already! That xr600 with rebuilt motor will serve you much better  ::)

You have a point there..
See if you can ban me from posting in the Husky forum; I find it too hard to resist posting.

You admit that I have point and then throw out a juvenile challenge? if you find it too hard to resist just posting to simply slag off the marque then I will just delete them. If you wish to contribute in a positive fashion you are of course welcome to post.

Husqvarna is not a Honda, has not been mass produced in the same numbers for a general public and as such has a different, and unique character - and generally a more decerning and smaller market. Yes dealer support and spares holdings will thus be proportionate and anyone who is not happy with this should probably look to own another brand ... and yes from the land of the rising sun if need be.  :3some:
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 02:07:49 pm by BiG DoM »

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2013, 01:12:13 pm »
I think Primrose have no clue when the spares will arrive, they are buying time by saying next ... next week. Can't blame them not their problem fault things worked out this way. I just wonder how much 610 spares were made by Husqvarna Italy and how much have been used up ? I also understand that any model should have spares support for at least 10 years after it's manufacture, wonder how that is still apllicable to KTM when they bought Husky ?

Going to be a while before spares are sorted with the factory moving -- Lots of cats thrown into the pigeons lately --

Suzuki is changing things in SA -- not for the better is all I can say
Montana --No longer will be a importer of Pirelli tyres and other goodies

Porche taken over Ducati and No longer have a agent in Centurion for Ducati
AG Cross will have spares for the next ten years --part of the deal on the sale --no need to worry--air filters have been scarce since day one in SA..

I think its going to be a few weeks yet before things get back to a better level

BMW is not much better 4-6 weeks for a fuel pump on a X --Challenge  ::)

The list goes on and on --- I think all brands have issues --some more than others imho --depends what you looking for ----
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline dirtWarp

• I crash like a champ!
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2013, 03:25:39 pm »
I am looking at buying a KX500. I am aware of the fact that obtaining parts for it is a challenge but that's an issue I'm prepared to deal with, given the cult status that the big KX has (to me).

The 610 owners seem to feel the same way about their scoots.
Resorting to options like e-bay is a shlep but don't let that discourage you from riding the bike that you love.

**I had to dig deep for this response**
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 03:27:50 pm by dirtWarp »

Offline alanB

• Vendors
  • Forum Whore
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2013, 03:56:29 pm »
As far as the air filter goes did you try getting hold of the Twin Air agents?

SOUTH AFRICA

trpTRP DISTRIBUTORS
TEL: (27) 11-465-1336
FAX: (27) 11-708-1706
pro@iafrica.com

Husqvarna '09 610TE - Great Bike!

I just finished a SciFi novel Extinction: Task Team, download the preview.

Offline alanB

• Vendors
  • Forum Whore
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2013, 04:00:19 pm »

Said it before, but for someone who doesn't like the 610, you spend a hell of a lot of time discussing it  :biggrin:

I don't like the GS 1200, but I haven't been to that section once ... just saying.

But seriously I hope that ride goes ahead somehow.
Husqvarna '09 610TE - Great Bike!

I just finished a SciFi novel Extinction: Task Team, download the preview.

Offline dirtWarp

• I crash like a champ!
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2013, 04:07:16 pm »

Said it before, but for someone who doesn't like the 610, you spend a hell of a lot of time discussing it  :biggrin:

I don't like the GS 1200, but I haven't been to that section once ... just saying.

haha,
But I have a motive: both my riding buddies sold their perfectly fine KTM's for 610's.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 04:30:27 pm by dirtWarp »

Offline BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2013, 06:50:55 pm »

Said it before, but for someone who doesn't like the 610, you spend a hell of a lot of time discussing it  :biggrin:

haha,
But I have a motive: both my riding buddies sold their perfectly fine KTM's for 610's.

Did you not notice a pattern?  :o

Offline HK

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2013, 10:12:03 pm »

haha,

Ha ha but I had the same story with KTM , had  to wait 2 weeks for spares for the 530 , and Biking accessories was really bad  , always had to  traveled to Pro Action !!

Had a bad expirence with Sandstorm racing from day one , so its not better , at least Primrose is much better and willing to help , so thats good enough for me . I love this bike its a complete packages for me and I am willing to wait for spares , my bike is not broken so its fine I am only ordering for future use but the point is if u need something urgently you are probably screwed.( at least for now)

i feel that there is no need to stand up for the TE , if you own one you will understand the awesomeness  and if you don't its not my duty to convince you how great they are................... :ricky:

Ps.   I owned a crf 450x , was not impressed at all !!!! Ktm 530 was much better  :thumleft:

« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 10:16:29 pm by HK »
Husqvarna 610 TE
Yamaha YZ 450F