The two dinosaurs take a trip - HIGHWAY TO HELL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALLEN I

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
This trip once again started with our asses (jukking) to go on ride again. Never realizing that this adventure would test our strength, endurance and stamina.
It would start out as usual with us seeing interesting places, spectacular views, excellent riding meeting new people as well as old buddies, to turn out going down washed away mountain passes and roads and to have to get our bikes across flooded drifts.

Plans were made via email as Ian (otherwise known as) Ian in Great Brak River was out of the country.

Monday 28th October - Meet up at Beaufort West and camp over at Karoo National Park.
Tuesday 29th October - Cruise to Sutherland and check out the stars. (Not the movie type)
Wednesday 30th October - Gooi a drive to Matjiesvlei Guest Farm, a lekker lovely remote place just outside of Calitzdorp.
Thursday 31st October - To The Hell, maybe we meet the ou himself.
Friday 1st November - NO plans we would decide which way.

That's the main route, details on how we got to each place to follow.

Like all good trips planning was made, kit to sort out, bikes to get a bit of attention, stuff to buy like a blow up mattress as I could
not sleep on my faithful stretcher as I had cracked a rib and tore my muscles on the left side three weeks prior to the trip.
You know us Bikers we tough ous so nothing a few pain pills won't help. Good stuff those pain pills they helped.

So now we are ready to start this trip.

Getting all the kit together to pack and a few extras before the start. Kit all packed on Friday 25th October.
Saturday 26th of October of I go to Klerksdorp as I decided to spend the night at my daughter and son in laws place.
Had a wee bit of a too good a kuier there. Partied with them and club members till wee hours of the morning.
Sunday 27th the plan was to leave early but as the head and body was not feeling to lekker only left at 14h00.

Stopped of at the Shell in Kimberly for a much needed break. Head was still pounding a bit.

Mmmmm she looks good nice and clean
A most welcome Burger and a cold one to make the head feel better, which it did and off we go.

Another few hundred kilos and again a well needed smoke break, dam this is a long ride

A view of the essentials inside the tank bag.