Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Honda NC700x Panniers, brands , makes , suppliers?  (Read 596 times)

Offline DustMonkey

• Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • One day this will all make sense to me !
    • The Holiday Spot
Honda NC700x Panniers, brands , makes , suppliers?
« on: December 09, 2013, 01:14:00 pm »
Hi Guys

So I have a mate who is looking for Honda NC700X panniers. And knowing I am on the forum he comes to me instead of signing up himself. But anyway I have no clue. So I thought let me pose the question here.

Where and what brands can you get panniers for the Honda NC700X ? I think I saw somewhere that you can get Trax for around R9000. But what other suppliers and brands. If not where does one start looking for second hand ones (I will post on wilddog if we can't get new ones for the right price).

He is in Durban and would need something available there else I will need to take it down to him on the R1150GS (No complaining there  :thumleft:)

Thanks

Offline zacapa

• Bike: Honda XR650L
  • XR650L - 134.217kg lite weight special...
Re: Honda NC700x Panniers, brands , makes , suppliers?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 02:27:30 pm »
I don't know if panniers are the way I would go. I've gone a slightly cheaper route - The OEM Honda luggage rack at the back (about R 2400) to which a GIVI plate is bolted
with a 32 liter Topbox. Together with an old drybag - 40 liter and the 24 liter frunk up front makes a total of 96 liters of capacity. As I don't pillion anyone this is plenty of capacity for me. Rockstraps for easy and quick fitting of drybag a must so you can fill her up. Total cost about R3500 for the lot. You can even go for a 45 liter TB and a 60 liter drybag.

Offline lookupopenup

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Explorer
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 04:31:44 pm »
i work in a bike shop accessorie dept in Durbs and did the Givi set for one of these a wile ago.Looks and works well.The only catch was if you do the panniers you have to put the givi pack rack on as well.They work as a unit.

Offline DustMonkey

• Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • One day this will all make sense to me !
    • The Holiday Spot
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 12:55:13 pm »
Hi Thanks all.

I will let them know that Guvi is the way to go. I will PM you lookupopenup if they decide this is the route to go. Thanks again.

Was realy thinking there would be some other alternatives though. Surprised.

Offline zebra - Flying Brick

• Forum Vendor: Flying Brick Motorcycle Accessories 021 510 6455 info@flyingbrick.co.za
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • 8 Shropshire St, P Eiland S3354.712 E01828.208
    • [b]-Flying Brick- Motorcycle Accessories[/b]
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 02:31:55 pm »
Hi Guys

So I have a mate who is looking for Honda NC700X panniers. And knowing I am on the forum he comes to me instead of signing up himself. But anyway I have no clue. So I thought let me pose the question here.

Where and what brands can you get panniers for the Honda NC700X ? I think I saw somewhere that you can get Trax for around R9000. But what other suppliers and brands. If not where does one start looking for second hand ones (I will post on wilddog if we can't get new ones for the right price).

He is in Durban and would need something available there else I will need to take it down to him on the R1150GS (No complaining there  :thumleft:)

Thanks
I supply and fit VENTURA luggage (amongst 9 other soft luggage brands), which has a rack SPECIFIC to the NC700X, with 4 different bags that fit on the single rack, and most of them can be doubled-up by zipping them back-to-back...

Will try and post some pictures; for the moment just Google 'Ventura Luggage'
Pricing roughly R1500 for the bag, and R1500 for the rack, which is a combo Sissy bar, rear carrier rack, and bag support, etc.

Cheers
Chris
bike@flyingbrick.co.za CHRISTOPER L 021 510 6455  service@flyingbrick.co.za JAN 021 510 6455
sales@flyingbrick.co.za ANDRE 021 510 6455
orders@flyingbrick.co.za WERNER 021 510 6455
info@flyingbrick.co.za CHRIS G

Offline roweroweyourboat

• Bike: Honda NC750X
  • This is only the beginning...
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2019, 03:56:26 pm »
Hi Guys

Thanks
I supply and fit VENTURA luggage (amongst 9 other soft luggage brands), which has a rack SPECIFIC to the NC700X, with 4 different bags that fit on the single rack, and most of them can be doubled-up by zipping them back-to-back...

Will try and post some pictures; for the moment just Google 'Ventura Luggage'
Pricing roughly R1500 for the bag, and R1500 for the rack, which is a combo Sissy bar, rear carrier rack, and bag support, etc.

Cheers
Chris

Hi Chris,

Any chance you know of a pannier for the NC 700X that doesn't need to remove the option to have a pillion. My wife and I would like to do weekend rides, but we will need some sort of pannier that we can strap some dry bags to.

Thanks in advance.
For every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything. Heb 3:4

Offline zebra - Flying Brick

• Forum Vendor: Flying Brick Motorcycle Accessories 021 510 6455 info@flyingbrick.co.za
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • 8 Shropshire St, P Eiland S3354.712 E01828.208
    • [b]-Flying Brick- Motorcycle Accessories[/b]
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2019, 07:21:50 am »
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=236466.0;topicseen

Cheers, away at the moment, but call my cell if you want advice: 0722117725

Chris & Team
021 510 6455
bike@flyingbrick.co.za CHRISTOPER L 021 510 6455  service@flyingbrick.co.za JAN 021 510 6455
sales@flyingbrick.co.za ANDRE 021 510 6455
orders@flyingbrick.co.za WERNER 021 510 6455
info@flyingbrick.co.za CHRIS G