Enduro racing Gauteng

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolf skaap

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 660 Z
Hi there,

I've been dual sporting my 450's for a couple of years and it's been great fun.
The sad part is that my friends have now sold their 450's for bigger 650cc class bikes.

One would think that the difference between 450 and 650 is small enough for it not to be an issue but the thing is that I take the most obscure routes to avoid tar and now that their bikes can cruise the slab, they tend to choose it as an easy alternative.
I also used to plan the routes through cliffs and such and the 650's will not be a pleasure to ride there  :-\

So I'm now wondering if I should not sell my CRF450x, get a 250 2T and do some racing instead? I used to ride at places like deWildt and Kwamahlanga but the locals are frowning on the continuous intrusion of the bikes. I can not see myself enjoying a ride at the expense of some local's happiness (if you know what I mean)  So the idea of trailering to deWildt and tossing around in the bush for a day does not appeal to me much.

How do you guys in Gauteng find the enduro racing scene? I am rather capable in the rocks and do not fancy too high speed type tracks.
What sort of races should I be looking at?

Thanks for any advice!
:ricky: