Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: E-Toll Invoice  (Read 28229 times)

Offline trackSHUN

• Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • KLE500 + XT660R
Re: E-Toll Invoice
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2013, 04:04:24 pm »
My GF just got this SMS (that will be deservedly ignored)

"You have overdue e-toll fees in the amount of R 325.26 which have been handed over for collection to VPC. Call 0800 SANRAL (726 725) Ref: ************"

OOOOhhhhh --

Bundu your GF is getting really close to the ZAR450-00 cap, then she can travel for FREEEEEEEEEE !! :biggrin:

Online Bundu

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2013, 04:06:24 pm »
My GF just got this SMS (that will be deservedly ignored)

"You have overdue e-toll fees in the amount of R 325.26 which have been handed over for collection to VPC. Call 0800 SANRAL (726 725) Ref: ************"

OOOOhhhhh --

Bundu your GF is getting really close to the ZAR450-00 cap, then she can travel for FREEEEEEEEEE !! :biggrin:

we aim to travel for free from km 1  ;) ;D

Offline alanB

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2013, 07:00:15 am »
You may be able to claim that all charges are invalid  :thumleft:

E-toll charges are invalid - JPSA

December 18 2013 at 09:06am

Comment on this story
IOL mot dec18 etoll board

Independent Newspapers

File photo: Dumisani Sibeko

Related Stories

Pay fine online, get e-toll bill
    Outa spells out your e-toll options
    Outa disses Sanral e-tag sales claims

Motorists might be able to claim e-tolls refund because a Government Gazette notice about the charges indicates conflicting amounts, the Justice Project SA (JPSA) said on Wednesday.

The differences were in the English and Afrikaans versions of the e-toll tariff notices published in the Government Gazette, said JPSA national chairman Howard Dembovsky.

Both versions were signed by the transport department's acting director general on November 19 and “therefore have equal, but conflicting weight,” said Dembovsky.

“Effectively, the tariffs applicable to registered 'alternative users' differ in the English and Afrikaans versions, and this introduces severe interpretation issues,” Dembovsky said.

JPSA called on the department to immediately repeal the offending Tariff Gazette.

It asked that the department instruct the SA National Roads Agency Limited (Sanral) to stop levying and collecting e-tolls until the matter was corrected, Dembovsky said. -Sapa
Husqvarna '09 610TE - Great Bike!

I just finished a SciFi novel Extinction: Task Team, download the preview.

Offline Skootaboy

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2013, 08:28:27 am »
I have good information that SANRAL gave (yes - free!!!) a financial institution (I can't mention which one) 150 000 e-tags to distribute to their customers that make use of their fleet leasing offering. The institution have distributed about 60 000 to their customers. I have no idea how many have actually put them in their cars or have registered them. So now when SANRAL proudly announce that 900 000 e-tags have been sold this is absolute kak! They have been dishing them out to leasing institutions and car rentals companies for free to try and widen their customer base and con the public into believing that everyone is buying into the scheme.
Also note that as you drive under a gantry 5 photos are taken of each vehicle. Also note that the overhead shot records the license disk details (state of the art cameras) so if you are purposely obscuring your plates also remember to put a bit of grease/vaseline over the disk area (obviously not an issue with bikes)

Offline Skootaboy

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2013, 08:35:34 am »
So now I own a car, a two bike trailer and 2 motorcycles. I load the two bikes on the trailer, hitch the trailer to my car and proceed down the highway and pass under a bunch of toll gantries. Does this mean I pay 4 times the toll fee each time I pass a gantry? I understand that SANRAL may recognise my trailer as not being self propelled (I hope) but how does the $%#@ machine know my bikes are on a trailer?
So now we have to obscure the bike number plates when we tow them?

Offline Koet

• T-Rex 700N "The Beast"!
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • Splash!
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2013, 08:43:59 am »
I have good information that SANRAL gave (yes - free!!!) a financial institution (I can't mention which one) 150 000 e-tags to distribute to their customers that make use of their fleet leasing offering. The institution have distributed about 60 000 to their customers. I have no idea how many have actually put them in their cars or have registered them. So now when SANRAL proudly announce that 900 000 e-tags have been sold this is absolute kak! They have been dishing them out to leasing institutions and car rentals companies for free to try and widen their customer base and con the public into believing that everyone is buying into the scheme.
Also note that as you drive under a gantry 5 photos are taken of each vehicle. Also note that the overhead shot records the license disk details (state of the art cameras) so if you are purposely obscuring your plates also remember to put a bit of grease/vaseline over the disk area (obviously not an issue with bikes)

This is not true (been discussed AT LENGTH on this forum and disproven by experts)
Only Bikers understand why dogs love to stick their heads out car windows.

Offline Tr0jan

• Centurion(Werk) - Zeerust(Plaas)
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Kom grondpad, kom!
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2013, 09:12:12 am »

This is not true (been discussed AT LENGTH on this forum and disproven by experts)

Ive got a 11cm X 7cm plate. camera does not read it, so no, it aint true!
KTM 990 - Wiff twee pype and loud A-F!

I'm not a hooligan, my throttle grip got stuck! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline alanB

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2013, 12:45:05 pm »
Pay or else, say e-toll bill bullies

December 19 2013 at 07:58am
By Angelique Serrao

Comment on this story
IOl mot pic dec19 Cornelia van Niekerk 1

INLSA

Cornelia van Niekerk of Fines 4 U said her cellphone rang nonstop on Wednesday morning. Picture: Chris Collingridge

Related Stories

E-toll charges are invalid - JPSA
    Outa disses Sanral e-tag sales claims
    Pay fine online, get e-toll bill
    E-toll discount for Afrikaans drivers

A woman who runs a pay-fine company said she received 32 phone calls from the electronic toll collection violations centre on Wednesday, demanding payment for unpaid e-toll fees.

Cornelia van Niekerk of Fines 4 U acts as a proxy for more than 80 companies, dealing with the paying of traffic fines for company vehicle fleets.

She said her cellphone rang nonstop on Wednesday morning, each call from a different person, saying her e-toll bills had been sent to the violations centre because they were unpaid.

Van Niekerk recorded the conversations, in which each time the call centre agent repeatedly advises her to register the vehicles so she can see invoices, and asks her to give them her e-mail address so they can send her the invoices electronically.

In one call from a woman named Portia, Van Niekerk asked her how many people worked at the call centre. The woman replied “more than 80”, and asked why Van Niekerk wanted to know.

Van Niekerk told her that this was the 32nd call she had received, and each time she had spoken to a different person.

The call centre agent informed her that she had an e-toll bill of more than R2000 and Van Niekerk asked her how she would be able to verify these amounts if she had not received an invoice.

Van Niekerk said that in all the conversations, it was clear that no invoices had yet been sent out.

The call centre agent told her it would take time to send out invoices and encouraged Van Niekerk to register with them to make the process easier.

Van Niekerk refused to register.

The call centre agent asked her for an e-mail address where she could send the invoices.

Van Niekerk refused to give her an e-mail address, to which Portia replied: “How can I send you the invoices without an e-mail address?”

Van Niekerk told her to post the account and she was then asked for her postal address, and Van Niekerk responded that they should do their job and find her address on the eNatis system.

She said all the vehicles the violations centre were calling about she had registered on the PayMyFines website, and she believed the ETC had got her cellphone number from there.

DETAILS HANDED OVER

On Wednesday it was revealed that users who had registered on the website, which is owned by TMT Services (Pty) Ltd, the South African company owned by Kaupsch TrafficCom, which runs the ETC, had their details handed over to the ETC.

TMT Services chief executive Douglas Davey said the terms and conditions on their website specifically indicates that PayMyFines reserves the right to access and disclose individual identifying information to parties. He said this excluded confidential financial information.

South African National Roads Agency Limited spokesman Vusi Mona admitted there was a call centre operating, but all he would say about the phone calls was that customers must call their call centre if they had any billing problems, rather than speaking to a third party.

“They are in a massive pickle to attain their financial targets.”

Opposition to Urban Tolling Alliance spokesman Wayne Duvenage said it had always maintained that e-tolling was an administrative burden and said the phone calls showed that Sanral was trying to get people to register for e-tolls.

He said Outa’s website was flooded with messages of complaint from road users.

Justice Project South Africa chairman Howard Dembovsky said the ETC was jumping the gun, putting people onto the debt-collection processes before invoices had been sent, which he said was breaking the law.

“What company will make payment without a tax invoice?” he asked.

The Justice Project has written to TMT Services demanding that it stop giving out personal details or face an interdict. - The Star
Husqvarna '09 610TE - Great Bike!

I just finished a SciFi novel Extinction: Task Team, download the preview.

Offline Koet

• T-Rex 700N "The Beast"!
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • Splash!
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2013, 01:08:29 pm »
The circus has begun.  Please stand in the queue for your popcorn and take a seat to watch the show.

Oh, and I like this woman's approach.  Make them work for what they want.

Fukkem
Only Bikers understand why dogs love to stick their heads out car windows.

Online Bundu

• Forum Whore
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2013, 01:22:00 pm »
I have a feeling that this is going to be funnier than the Zooooma boooooing or the schizo signman  :imaposer: :lol8:

Offline MegaPix

• Bike: Suzuki DL 650 V-Strom
    • Kobus Schoeman Photography
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2013, 01:24:14 pm »
 :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :diablo_ani_fire: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
Kobus Schoeman
www.mega-pix.co.za/blog
www.ksphoto.co.za
Bryanston, Sandton 
Bike:  First ever - Big Boy 200  XTG, KLR 650, latest buy... Suzuki DL650 V Strom

Offline Rooikat

• Bike: Honda XR500
  • Honda XL500S
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2013, 03:10:59 pm »
.............and the fun hasn't even started yet. This  headline in today's Star illustrates what these cretins at Scumral get up to. And it all comes out of taxpayers' pockets! Wait until the volumes pick up!
"The only reason for cleaning things is if you want to mount, frame and hang them in your living room" - The famous CJC

"The older I get, the better I was."

"I don't care a f*** what it looks like, as long as it works" - The famous CJC

Online punisher

• DILLIGAF
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2013, 07:05:36 pm »
i have heard someone on FB received a bill

another one received an e-mail bill

i wish they would hurry up with mine ... the bog roll is running low 
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline IDR

• <insert bias disclaimer here>
  • Administrator
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Explorer
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2013, 09:46:50 pm »
I've got one via email...

Flat ignore
The three things you need to fix anything in the universe: duct tape, WD-40 and a hammer.  If it moves and it shouldn't, use the duct tape.  If it doesn't move and it should, use the WD-40.  Otherwise use the hammer.

Online Bundu

• Forum Whore
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2013, 10:02:04 pm »
I've got one via email...

Flat ignore
correct  :thumleft:

your postal address is your accepted AARTO correspondence channel

Offline Beebop

• Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2013, 10:06:58 pm »
Well I have a registered "parcel" waiting for me at the post office apparently.
Will have to go see what it is sometime. Can only be a fine or e-toll invoice, unless
someone sent me a Christmas present.

Offline Mzee

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • Bikes: DL 650 Suzuki; Honda 250 Suzuki 125; Vespa
    • Mzee-Jaki
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2013, 05:26:02 am »
I have ridden through several gantries.  I am not e-tolled and awaiting my invoice.  I am a dutiful citizen; I will pay. :lol8: ;D :lol8:
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 07:24:51 am by Mzee »
Life is kind to those who afford it kindness

XT1200Z Super Tenere

Online punisher

• DILLIGAF
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2013, 10:38:18 am »
hang ...... you mean to tell me , this goverment also discriminates against us souties  pffffffffffft  .........  ohhh not again man .......................  is there no place where us scots are free !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ( said while flashing the wee man and the two nutters with kilt in air )
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline jogi_c

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2013, 11:04:52 am »
I received an SMS this morning kindly asking me to register for e-tollie. They asked me to send my registration number back via SMS or to phone.

Anybody else receive one?

I am wondering if they are just randomly sending SMS's or if they picked my number because I "owe" them money

Of course I will not respond or opt out

Online Bundu

• Forum Whore
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2013, 11:23:46 am »
I received an SMS this morning kindly asking me to register for e-tollie. They asked me to send my registration number back via SMS or to phone.

Anybody else receive one?

I am wondering if they are just randomly sending SMS's or if they picked my number because I "owe" them money

Of course I will not respond or opt out

I  know some guys on another forum that have reported them for sending spam SMSs

I haven't received anything yet, but my gf has received a threatening SMS, which will be ignored