Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: E-Toll Invoice  (Read 27819 times)

Offline Manic

• Vendors
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
Re: E-Toll Invoice
« Reply #200 on: February 15, 2014, 08:26:45 pm »
On my bakkie, I moved the front nr plate in behind the bullbar. You can see it, but need to check carefully what the nr is.
I then open up my tailgate, and drive with it down.

Not a single Photo so far for this vehicle.

My other vehicles racked up more than R9000 so far on E Tolls. I'm not paying  :thumleft:
1250 GSA
H2 Supercharged
990 SM

Online Bundu

« Reply #201 on: February 15, 2014, 08:35:59 pm »
On my bakkie, I moved the front nr plate in behind the bullbar. You can see it, but need to check carefully what the nr is.

My other vehicles racked up more than R9000 so far on E Tolls. I'm not paying  :thumleft:

lekker! FOK HULLE!

Offline wiledog_X

« Reply #202 on: February 15, 2014, 08:39:10 pm »

lekker! FOK HULLE!

agreed... SANRAL can get money from me the day Hell freezes over.....
"all your base are belong to us!!!"

Offline Kneeslider

• Bike: AJS (all models)
    • Classic Cycle Cabin
« Reply #203 on: February 16, 2014, 12:28:11 am »
agreed... SANRAL can get money from me the day Hell freezes over.....

:o :o Then you may be in trouble, according to this chemistry student, anyway;
The following is an actual question given on a University of Washington chemistry mid-term.

Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law (gas cools when it expands and heats when it is compressed) or some variant. One student, however, wrote the following:

First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today.

Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.

This gives two possibilities:
If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.
If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it?

If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my Freshman year that, 'It will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you,' and take into account the fact that I slept with her last night, then number two must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over. The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore, extinct......leaving only Heaven, thereby proving the existence of a divine being which explains why, last night, Teresa kept shouting 'Oh my God.'

Offline Cracker

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #204 on: February 16, 2014, 09:22:52 pm »
So, there we go ......... don't shag Teresa and all will be fine  :thumleft:
Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!

Offline volroom

• Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • I'm loving it
« Reply #205 on: February 21, 2014, 03:18:53 pm »
Sorry, don't have time to read all the posts. Just need to know: is it within the legislation that we, as the public, have a right to ask for photos, sent by registered post to our residence, of every single time our vehicles went through the gantries. That's what I'm asking for. They keep sending me emails showing only 3 photos. Firstly, I want registered post, and secondly I want photos of every time my vehicle went through a gantry. Please comment. thanks
2003 R1150GS

Online Bundu

« Reply #206 on: February 21, 2014, 04:55:53 pm »
doesn't have to be registered - with all the duplicate number plates, I would insist on pics of every gantry

I'm just ignoring them

Offline volroom

• Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • I'm loving it
« Reply #207 on: February 21, 2014, 05:33:36 pm »
doesn't have to be registered - with all the duplicate number plates, I would insist on pics of every gantry

I'm just ignoring them

OK, so I can't ask that they send photos to my by registered post. OK, well, I'll ask for all the photos then by email
2003 R1150GS

Offline toucan

• Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #208 on: February 21, 2014, 05:56:51 pm »
Sorry, don't have time to read all the posts. Just need to know: is it within the legislation that we, as the public, have a right to ask for photos, sent by registered post to our residence, of every single time our vehicles went through the gantries. That's what I'm asking for. They keep sending me emails showing only 3 photos. Firstly, I want registered post, and secondly I want photos of every time my vehicle went through a gantry. Please comment. thanks

i speak/type under correction but the government gazzette says that they only have to issue an invoice. that is all. they don't have to prove you received it. when the first court cases come up it will be interesting.
i'm not a complete idiot. some parts are missing.

Offline Sláinte Mhaith

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Husaberg (all models)
« Reply #209 on: February 21, 2014, 09:08:39 pm »
i speak/type under correction but the government gazzette says that they only have to issue an invoice. that is all. they don't have to prove you received it. when the first court cases come up it will be interesting.

Jip, going to be interesting.

If you compare it to buying something from say Edgars. You buy on an account and they send you an invoice which you have to pay in a certain time frame. No rules about the invoice have to be registered mail or they have to prove you bought something. If you don't receive an invoice it is your problem. You pay what you owe them plus interest.

I see many similarities with Sanral, although you don't have an account with them. When you used the road a transaction is created and it is your responsibility to pay. But then again how do I know that I have passed under a gantry or not when I am just using a part of a highway on a very irregular basis or how does a regular user know or remember exactly which gantries he passed under and if they correspond to the invoice.

Also wonder if Sanral is going to take people to court or if they are going to try some other manipulative tactics?

Online Bundu

« Reply #210 on: February 21, 2014, 09:26:48 pm »
my guess would be that they change their short discount terms as a 1st conciliatory step and then give some form of amnesty to offenders in the next 3 months - they can change their tariffs to 1c, I still won't pay

Offline Kneeslider

• Bike: AJS (all models)
    • Classic Cycle Cabin
« Reply #211 on: February 21, 2014, 09:38:59 pm »
There are currently 27,606 ‘likes’ on the OUTA Facebook page.

Here are some interesting numbers:
If all 27,606 used the e-toll roads just once and refuse to pay, SANRAL will have to take all 27,606 to court.

Courts only work 5 days a week, so that's about 260 days per year. Divide 27,606 by 260, and you can see that the courts would need to process 106 cases every day.

If they work from 9am to 4pm with 30 minutes lunch, they will have to process 16 case every hour, or one every 4 minutes.

That’s just to handle the people who’ve taken the time to 'like' the Opposition to Urban Tolling Alliance Facebook page.

Let’s take a more realistic number of 1,000,000 people who refuse to pay. That translates into 590 court cases every hour (almost 10 per minute). This is simply IMPOSSIBLE to maintain.

Visit and like OUTA's Facebook page
www.facebook.com/outasa

Offline Sláinte Mhaith

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Husaberg (all models)
« Reply #212 on: February 21, 2014, 09:48:20 pm »
Doubt if Sanral would take anyone to court.

But if they do, would it be a civil or criminal case?

Online Bundu

« Reply #213 on: February 21, 2014, 09:58:37 pm »
I think at some stage they will just have to - probably by around May - will be interesting! AFAIK it will be a criminal case - criminal tax payers being prosecuted for demanding value for their money.... interesting...... :sip: <thanks RobC>
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 09:59:28 pm by Bundu »

Offline Gypsybaron

• My mind is like an eight lane highway - gridlocked!
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • Pick a direction, not a destination, and ride!
« Reply #214 on: February 22, 2014, 09:48:56 pm »
E-tolls will have to be checked manually by this inspector  >:D

“All education is self-education. A teacher is only a guide, to point out the way, and no school, no matter how excellent, can give you education. What you receive is like the outlines in a child’s coloring book. You must fill in the colors yourself.” Louis L'Amour - The lonesome gods

"It's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, it's what you leave behind you when you go." Randy Travis - Three Wooden Crosses

Offline Eendstop

• Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • "I ache in places I used to play"
« Reply #215 on: February 23, 2014, 07:55:29 am »
Did you get the cop's permission to post his pic on a public forum :laughing4:
There is a crack in everything
that is how the light gets in
L.Cohen: Anthem

Offline DeepBass9

• 2010 DL1000-'91 DR650 DAKAR
  • Bike: Suzuki DL 1000 V-Strom
    • www.dreamlodge.co.za
« Reply #216 on: February 25, 2014, 03:00:41 pm »

http://www.fin24.com/Economy/Sanral-resolves-Cape-tractor-e-toll-bill-20140225

An investigation by Sanral determined that the car passing through the gantry had the registration number CAR 10844 and not CAR 10944 (the tractor's).

So their fancy software does not recognise number plates correctly after all.

Offline badballie

• Macum Amicum Est
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • www.bikersagainstdrugs.co.za
« Reply #217 on: February 25, 2014, 04:02:47 pm »
I got another invoice for a trailer in my name - resident in Jhb.

The 3 pics are there  - 2 of the Landie towing the bike trailer and then the trailer.

No class of vehicle identified. Apparently the Landie owner also got an invoice for the same trip.

I do not have the willpower to argue with idiots, another invoice going up in smoke  ;)

Cash, Gas or Ass............ no-one rides for free :-)

I did it because I can, I can because I want to and I want to because you said that I couldn't !!!!!!!

Offline Chukudeer

« Reply #218 on: February 25, 2014, 06:13:00 pm »
Like this one? Sometimes they don't get the Landy's numberplate, only the trailers...... :laughing4: :laughing4:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 06:16:30 pm by Chukudeer »
KTM 990R
Gas Gas 300 now we cooking
Lisdectia rules ko

Offline Herminator

• Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • Never Go Full Retard
« Reply #219 on: February 25, 2014, 06:46:45 pm »
Got another one today. says I owe R1600, no pictures this time though
It catches my dreams when I ride it.