Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: E-Toll Invoice  (Read 29750 times)

Offline Rooikat

• Bike: Honda XR500
  • Honda XL500S
Re: E-Toll Invoice
« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2013, 06:16:36 am »
Priceless comments on news24 on Sanral "criminality". A lot of people are obviously not going to pay, let alone get an e-tag!   :imaposer:

"Skrywer John Murray McKay - December 23, 2013 at 19:04

I have your payment right here. Just right of the butt cheek, just below the hello Kitty tattoo
like 96
 dislike 1
Reply to Skrywer John Murray McKay

JohnDough - December 23, 2013 at 19:04

Sanral can suckmytoll-e.co.za
like 88
 dislike 1
Reply to JohnDough | 2 comments(hide)

Willem Schutte - December 23, 2013 at 20:24

And Mine!
like 27
 dislike 0

Frank - December 23, 2013 at 21:06

Hey John, Djough mag mos nie op news 24 so praat nie.
like 9
 dislike 2"
"The only reason for cleaning things is if you want to mount, frame and hang them in your living room" - The famous CJC

"The older I get, the better I was."

"I don't care a f*** what it looks like, as long as it works" - The famous CJC

Offline buzzlightyear

• I'm Buzz Lightyear. I come in peace.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • To infinity and beyond
« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2013, 06:49:42 am »
why dont everyone buy an etag but never register it and kill it with say, a hammer? doesnt it cost more than the R40 to manufacture ;-)
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Offline Rooikat

• Honda XL500S
« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2013, 06:53:33 am »
why dont everyone buy an etag but never register it and kill it with say, a hammer? doesnt it cost more than the R40 to manufacture ;-)

Buzz, I'm not going to waste R50 of my money on those arseholes.
"The only reason for cleaning things is if you want to mount, frame and hang them in your living room" - The famous CJC

Offline Mzee

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • Bikes: DL 650 Suzuki; Honda 250 Suzuki 125; Vespa
    • Mzee-Jaki
« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2013, 07:16:11 am »

Buzz, I'm not going to waste R50 of my money on those arseholes.

I would rather buy bananas for my children with those 50R. :biggrin:
Life is kind to those who afford it kindness

XT1200Z Super Tenere

Offline TVB

• Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
« Reply #64 on: December 24, 2013, 07:59:15 am »

You can't buy an e tag without registering it in a vehicles name. It cost R50 but you get the R50 then in kredit. In other words the 'device' is ??? Free
If you register you even have a choice not to take the tag, you will then pay prepaid money or deposit money into your account just like the tag and will get the same discounted tariffs. It simply works on yopur number plat but the disadvantage is that:
1) You can not use the e tag bay on the bakwena toll gates (it works on e tag)
2) You will have to monitor your account as you will not get the '2 x warning beep' from the tag to warn that credit runs low.

What I don't appreciate on this and some other threads is that when you decide to get tagged and pay for the service, whatever your reason (like want to use the e tag bay on the bakwena roads which you often travel and don't want to wait at the traditional gates in long quees) or like in my case work as a paramedic on sanral roads to serve the public people will call you on theWD forum as 'coward' or 'spine less' or iddiots. I bet if you really come to meet me face to face if you have the balls to face me you will not call me any of those names. Not for me or any of my colleagues. We always talk about a democratic country, freedom of speech etc but if you don't like any others view and ideas he gets insulted. It shows very bad caracter.

I am on a official motorbike, responding to accidents in the midrand area. I cover John vorster to annadale and proudly display my wd paw on the back of my helmet. Many bikers recognise me daily, wafe and give me the thumbs up. I don't like the system as it cost me money as well, I commute from pta to midrand every weekday, however what I do like a well maintained, monitored and safer road with road assistanse and emergency medical care. The only difference between the e toll system an the conventional toll gate system is that you don't need to stand in long quees any longer. They try to maintain traffic flow. If only it can be a bit cheaper and stay then sort of affortable I can life with it as long as they keep up with the service and condition of the road.....

Offline Rooikat

• Honda XL500S
« Reply #65 on: December 24, 2013, 08:11:30 am »
TVB, its the criminally expensive and unworkable collection system that got most road users up in arms. You don't have a choice, but the name calling is directed at those morons who support the system under the mistaken belief that "its the right thing to do". Plenty of morons like that in our society.

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2013, 08:25:43 am »
You are right TVB.

Some people don't have much option but to get tagged. For some of the reasons you mentioned. Main reason being purely financial. And I feel for those people.

But I am in the lucky situation where I don't need to get tagged. I don't travel those roads very often, only about twice a month, AND I am hardegat enough to give scamral all the kark I want to in order for them to get the money from me.

Yes, I'd like to pay the discounted tarrif, I try to save money where I can. I even had to sell my bike because times are really tough right now. BUT, and here is the crux, I don't agree with the way the tolls are done. The way they want to collect the money that is so dam ineffective. The way that the vast majority of the money collected will go offshore into some fatcats pocket.

I DO appreciate that the roads are in good condition, and that they are patrolled and monitored, and that medical assistance is so readily available. BUT, I also remember working in the old Pretoria EMS, where it was like that anyway, and we didn't have to pay anything extra.

My biggest issue is that the guvvamunt is milking us for every last cent; tolls, medical aid, security, blah blah blah. I just had enough boet, this is where I make my stand.

Keep up the good work TVB, we appreciate the hard work and effort you put in to keep us safer on our roads.

I'll bet that when you get to some poor biker that's fallen, the LAST thing he is gonna do is give you kark because you have an e-toll  :deal:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline TVB

• Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #67 on: December 24, 2013, 09:08:36 am »
 :thumleft: 

You guys are right, I see your point and agree.

I think its just a little too much in the end, we are getting taxed upon tax and the whole thing snowballs out..... All of this is added stress and pressure on the working class
Just feels a bit uncomfortable at times being contracted on their roads earning my bread and butter through the 'system' and trying to stay possitive and render a good service to the public....
I meet some of the public from time to time that come to register at the public service stations. All or most of them middle too poor class and to afraid to get more nasty suprizes in the post box or delivered or maybe even handed over. Thing is and I see their point: 'its rather better to get the discount tariff and budged monthly for it than wait for months and then eventially get a bill of thousands. Yes the polititians or publick may win the fight, but what if they don't?
I for one is only on contract, I don't get medical aid, pension or 13th cheque and the payslip (tipslip) doesn't bloom at all....but this was the only door that opened after months of sitting, sending CV, worrying, praying. I got to try and stay possitive. So many medics out there and few jobs. How things have changed the past 10 years!!

Offline buzzlightyear

• Forum Whore
  • To infinity and beyond
« Reply #68 on: December 24, 2013, 10:54:06 am »

You can't buy an e tag without registering it in a vehicles name.

Can't you buy a tag at Checkers?
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Offline PierreO

« Reply #69 on: December 24, 2013, 11:31:27 am »
Yes you can and you do not need to register it .

You can't buy an e tag without registering it in a vehicles name.

Can't you buy a tag at Checkers?

Offline buzzlightyear

• Forum Whore
  • To infinity and beyond
« Reply #70 on: December 24, 2013, 11:39:31 am »
There you go, I say destroy them  ;D

Offline Rooikat

• Honda XL500S
« Reply #71 on: December 24, 2013, 11:57:21 am »
Cat fight brewing, but Mona says he's on leave. Can't wait! Scumral is going to take a dive sooner rather than later. Interesting to see when cANCer will bail them out.

This status report from news24:

"No end to war of words over e-tolls

26 minutes ago Sapa   
E-tolls

(Sapa)

Related Articles
Non-payment of e-tolls is criminal - Sanral
Sanral under fire over invoice statement
Invoice or not, e-tolls must be paid - Sanral
E-toll tariffs debate intensifies
Sanral faces debt danger
E-toll charges invalid - JPSA

Johannesburg - A war of words between Sanral and the JPSA continued on Tuesday, in the ongoing spat about the payment of e-tolls on Gauteng's highways.

The Justice Project SA denied an SA National Roads Agency Limited (Sanral) claim that it had told motorists they could break the law without any consequences.

"They must state where they find any grounds whatsoever to state that the JPSA or I have made any assertions that motorists could break the law without any consequences," JPSA chairperson Howard Dembovsky said in a statement on Tuesday.

He said on Monday that Sanral was misleading the public by saying the failure to pay toll fees was against the law.

Sanral reacted that the non-payment of toll fees was a criminal rather than a traffic offence.

Its spokesman Vusi Mona accused the JPSA of showing "an irresponsible and despicable attitude towards the rule of law" in saying motorists could break the law without any consequences.

On Tuesday, Dembovsky described the statement as "venomous and unfounded".

He said Sanral was avoiding clarifying e-toll laws and procedures.

"We have required clarification of procedures and conflicting laws, and they [Sanral] are clearly avoiding the issue that the laws on which e-tolls are based are unclear and contradictory, and that the 'mistakes' add to the public confusion," said Dembovsky.

These mistakes were differences in the amounts payable in the English and Afrikaans versions of the e-toll tariffs published in the Government Gazette.

The JPSA said both versions, which were signed by the transport department's acting director general on November 19, "have equal, but conflicting weight", and it called on the department to repeal the notice.

The e-toll system started operating across Gauteng three weeks ago.

The Star newspaper reported on Tuesday that Sanral was planning to introduce an automated system that would ensure that foreign motorists using freeways would pay their e-toll bills before leaving the country.

"We are working with cross-border agency to educate people, especially truck drivers that will go through Gauteng about the e-tags," Mona told the newspaper.

The Citizen newspaper reported that road users registered for e-tolls had taken to consumer website Hello Peter to complain about Sanral. Sanral had reportedly not responded.

The website allows for feedback from companies providing services.

According to the newspaper, the complaints included incorrect billing, billing not being received, unlawful debits, electronic glitches, e-tags not working and "shocking" charges.

Mona told the newspaper he was on leave, and that readers should direct their complaints to the Sanral customer call centre.

In a statement, Congress of SA Trade Unions affiliate, the SA Clothing and Textile Workers’ Union (Sactwu), said its general secretary Andre Kriel had received an e-toll violation fine notice via sms.

"The secretary general has today [Tuesday] advised Sanral that he has no intention of paying the fine," the union said in a statement.

"E-tolls are not acceptable to Sactwu and Cosatu, and we will resist it until the end."

Sanral could not be reached for comment."

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #72 on: December 24, 2013, 11:57:40 am »

You can't buy an e tag without registering it in a vehicles name. It cost R50 but you get the R50 then in kredit. In other words the 'device' is ??? Free
If you register you even have a choice not to take the tag, you will then pay prepaid money or deposit money into your account just like the tag and will get the same discounted tariffs. It simply works on yopur number plat but the disadvantage is that:
1) You can not use the e tag bay on the bakwena toll gates (it works on e tag)
2) You will have to monitor your account as you will not get the '2 x warning beep' from the tag to warn that credit runs low.

What I don't appreciate on this and some other threads is that when you decide to get tagged and pay for the service, whatever your reason (like want to use the e tag bay on the bakwena roads which you often travel and don't want to wait at the traditional gates in long quees) or like in my case work as a paramedic on sanral roads to serve the public people will call you on theWD forum as 'coward' or 'spine less' or iddiots. I bet if you really come to meet me face to face if you have the balls to face me you will not call me any of those names. Not for me or any of my colleagues. We always talk about a democratic country, freedom of speech etc but if you don't like any others view and ideas he gets insulted. It shows very bad caracter.

I am on a official motorbike, responding to accidents in the midrand area. I cover John vorster to annadale and proudly display my wd paw on the back of my helmet. Many bikers recognise me daily, wafe and give me the thumbs up. I don't like the system as it cost me money as well, I commute from pta to midrand every weekday, however what I do like a well maintained, monitored and safer road with road assistanse and emergency medical care. The only difference between the e toll system an the conventional toll gate system is that you don't need to stand in long quees any longer. They try to maintain traffic flow. If only it can be a bit cheaper and stay then sort of affortable I can life with it as long as they keep up with the service and condition of the road.....

AFAIK anybody can buy an e-tag and destroy it without ever registering it - A lost or stolen e-tag will cost you R150 once you have registered it - so an e-tag probably costs Sanral R150 - but essentially, we will be wasting our own taxes if we destroy e-tags - I doubt if this will bring the system to it's knees

Gauteng pays 60% of all the taxes in the country already - we only receive R1 for every R4 taxes we pay in Gauteng from the fiscus, so we are already subsidising the rest of the country with 75% of our taxes and all this BEFORE e-tolls

For the taxes we already pay, Gauteng should have the best roads in the country in order to keep the economy here running optimally

People that simply keep on paying more and more are supporting govt corruption - it's like the frog in the pot that stays there till the water boils.....

We have to make the system unmanageable, by refusing to cooperate - I will only pay once a judge orders me to

Offline TVB

• Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #73 on: December 24, 2013, 12:41:24 pm »
If you buy a tag (without registering) you stick it to your windscreen and immediately as you go through the gantry it registers (or read) it with your number plates. All electronically - it alsoi takes money by virtual image (2 x cameras) as per type of vehicle. So what is the point in doing this? If you want to buy a tag and you register you pay at the discounted rates, or am I missing the point here? I just can't see the benefit of buying a tag without registering. In any case they will know who you are just by number plates.

I have asked one of the violation centres managers what will happen to the 'fok e toll' number plates and he laughed and said that the system will actually direct all thos to an 'unknow account'. They are all just working here, in fact, most of them working here is just glad to have a job but very much against the money making sceme. He also told me that a group of experts was sent down to CT to start planning on the system down there :(

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #74 on: December 24, 2013, 01:21:42 pm »
I one complies , then one is supporting the beast
Don't register , don't respond to any sMS's os e-mail from scumral , they are corrupt , thieving , despicable locusts. Finnish en klaar
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline jogi_c

« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2013, 01:26:39 pm »
OK, back to tactics. I am no tax expert, but AFAIK if you charge VAT, you have to issue a tax invoice. It seems SANRAL does not want to issue invoices for one of 2 reasons - the cost of issuing invoices will make it prohibitive, or there is a problem with their systems at the moment. I think it is a cost issue.

So, if there is a dog here that has a registered business that is VAT registered, send SANRAL a registered letter demanding a valid VAT invoice. If they do not comply, lodge a complaint with SARS. Insist that SARS investigate and give you answers. Take the issue to Outa and Justice project if SARS do not want to play ball (This issue has been pointed out to SANRAL in May already)

The whole idea is to either get SARS to tell them they must stop as they are not complying with VAT law, or to force a precedent that will compel them to start issuing invoices - that puts the cost issue back on the table.

Offline Rooikat

• Honda XL500S
« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2013, 03:15:57 pm »
OK, back to tactics. I am no tax expert, but AFAIK if you charge VAT, you have to issue a tax invoice. It seems SANRAL does not want to issue invoices for one of 2 reasons - the cost of issuing invoices will make it prohibitive, or there is a problem with their systems at the moment. I think it is a cost issue.

So, if there is a dog here that has a registered business that is VAT registered, send SANRAL a registered letter demanding a valid VAT invoice. If they do not comply, lodge a complaint with SARS. Insist that SARS investigate and give you answers. Take the issue to Outa and Justice project if SARS do not want to play ball (This issue has been pointed out to SANRAL in May already)

The whole idea is to either get SARS to tell them they must stop as they are not complying with VAT law, or to force a precedent that will compel them to start issuing invoices - that puts the cost issue back on the table.

I like that! They should have taken legal advice before embarking on this moronic, expensive collection system (or at least have employed legal expertise with a modicom of brains).

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #77 on: December 24, 2013, 03:42:02 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/QxEBGVCIBW8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/QxEBGVCIBW8</a>

Offline Triple Trompie

• Bike: Triumph 800 XC
« Reply #78 on: December 24, 2013, 07:42:50 pm »
So I today I drove under 4 gantries. And the strangest thing happened, both my hands get stuck to the windscreen, giving Nazi Alli and his cronies the middle finger.
AS JY OOR DIE BOERE WIL KLA MOET NIE MET N MOND VOL KOS PRAAT NIE!!!!

Offline Mzee

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • Bikes: DL 650 Suzuki; Honda 250 Suzuki 125; Vespa
    • Mzee-Jaki
« Reply #79 on: December 25, 2013, 06:33:49 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/QxEBGVCIBW8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/QxEBGVCIBW8</a>

I watched this on Ignition. I am all for it.  :thumleft:
Life is kind to those who afford it kindness

XT1200Z Super Tenere