Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: E-Toll Invoice  (Read 30883 times)

Offline Chukudeer

Re: E-Toll Invoice
« Reply #120 on: January 20, 2014, 03:29:23 pm »
According to them yes. But I never took it on the highway.
KTM 990R
Gas Gas 300 now we cooking
Lisdectia rules ko

Offline Tommy Transalp

• Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
  • The Older I get... the Faster I WAS!
« Reply #121 on: January 20, 2014, 07:19:22 pm »
A fellow WD's KLR has magically turned into a 1400 Nissan bakkie.... WTF?

One of my vehicles was billed for R149.04 for going from edenvale to roodepoort ..... apart from the fact that this particular vehicle wasn't even in Gauteng at the time....WTF?

Now CEO's of ETC (Electronic Toll Collection) are resigning with immediate effect.... WTF?.... do they see their system failing faster than they thought? >:D :lol8: :lol8: :lol8:...... they obviously were expecting more citizens to pay their salaries.... not from me 'bru! :bootyshake:
I live in my own world...
But it's ok... they know me there!
Honda XLV 650 Transalp
Honda CRF230
Royal Enfield 500 Classic

Offline alanB

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #122 on: January 21, 2014, 06:55:00 am »
Consumer body to field e-toll complaints

January 20 2014 at 07:41pm
By SAPA

Comment on this story
Copy of PN e-tolls9844

INLSA

Motorists started paying for e-tolls on Gauteng freeways from December 3. Photo: Oupa Mokoena

Related Stories

Pay e-tolls early, warns Sanral
    Toll collections COO resigned ‘for personal reasons’
    ‘I am not going to pay my e-tolls bill’
    Toll collector COO resigns
    E-toll shock for Durban driver
    DA to pass on your e-toll complaints
    Things you may not know about e-tolls

Johannesburg - Complaints about e-tolling will be taken up by the National Consumer Commission (NCC), but should not be the first line of complaint, Commissioner Ebrahim Mohamed said on Monday.

“The NCC always encourages consumers to lodge complaints at the point of sale, and attempts to have their complaints dealt with there,” he said.

If consumers were met with indifference or felt their complaints were not adequately addressed by the company or entity, they could then take the matter up with the NCC.

“This does not preclude consumers from approaching the NCC 1/8with their complaints,” Mohamed said.

The Democratic Alliance and the Freedom Front Plus recently announced that they would facilitate motorists' e-toll accounts complaints by submitting them to the NCC.

Mohamed said the commission would investigate the complaints, but had to do so within its constrained resources.

“It is our mandate to assist consumers, and we will.

“What we would do is set up a team to look at these complaints, and categorise them.”

The NCC would then discuss the categories of problems identified with the SA National Roads Agency Limited (Sanral) and look at ways of resolving the problems.

Mohamed said the NCC was not an adjudication body, and did not have the power to declare an account invalid.

However, it could refer the matter to the Consumer Tribunal, which had greater powers in this regard.

On Monday, the FFPlus said it would lodge a complaint with the NCC about problems with e-toll accounts based on a number of problems Gauteng motorists had experienced with the e-tolling system.

“These complaints form part of the party's continued opposition to toll roads... in its struggle against the abuse of the system by Sanral,” FFPlus transport spokesman Anton Alberts said in a statement.

So far, complaints included the incorrect breakdown of costs on e-toll accounts, accounts wrongfully issued to people who had not used the tolled roads, and the higher toll prices for motorists who chose not to get e-tags.

The FFPlus said it would launch a website later in the week to help people with e-toll complaints to submit them to the NCC.

The Democratic Alliance launched a similar initiative last week.

Sanral could not immediately be reached for comment.

On January 10, Sanral spokesman Vusi Mona reportedly conceded there had been some glitches in the e-toll collection system.

However, he said there were not a large number of “genuine” complaints, and that those complaints lodged with the consumer satisfaction website, Hellopeter.com, were being handled by Sanral's public relations department.

“We are not breaking any laws or violating people's privacy,” he said.

Sanral has repeatedly urged Gauteng drivers to become registered for the system, as e-tag holders qualify for reduced e-toll fees.

Sapa
Husqvarna '09 610TE - Great Bike!

I just finished a SciFi novel Extinction: Task Team, download the preview.

Offline Sláinte Mhaith

« Reply #123 on: January 21, 2014, 07:52:33 am »
More and more complaints are surfacing and getting exposure in newspapers. As a service to provide a channel to register complaints about e-tolling, the DA has offered to assist:

"DA calls for submission of e-tolls complaints
Jan 16 2014 15:17 Sapa   

Wonder if they are going to use it as a case against e-tolls?

Now imagine if the e-toll system crashes.  All the poor people who paid dutifully or in advance will just be out of pocket. Doubt if they will be refunded.

Offline jogi_c

« Reply #124 on: January 21, 2014, 09:12:46 am »
Got my first one in the post today. Not an invoice, just a statement.

I will be sending them a friendly request for an invoice and proof via registered post

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #125 on: January 21, 2014, 09:37:35 am »
More and more complaints are surfacing and getting exposure in newspapers. As a service to provide a channel to register complaints about e-tolling, the DA has offered to assist:

"DA calls for submission of e-tolls complaints
Jan 16 2014 15:17 Sapa   

Wonder if they are going to use it as a case against e-tolls?

Now imagine if the e-toll system crashes.  All the poor people who paid dutifully or in advance will just be out of pocket. Doubt if they will be refunded.

People didnt get tagged , sheeple did , and its very rare (never) that thieves give refunds
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline Maddoglips

« Reply #126 on: January 21, 2014, 09:41:34 am »

[/quote]

People didnt get tagged , sheeple did , and its very rare (never) that thieves give refunds
[/quote]

:imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

Offline Chukudeer

« Reply #127 on: January 21, 2014, 10:10:45 am »
Even if the billing system crashes they will keep on deducting money from the tagged ones as they have a contract where these people agreed to pay and pay and pay.......
KTM 990R
Lisdectia rules ko

Online Bundu

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #128 on: January 21, 2014, 10:20:50 am »
Even if the billing system crashes they will keep on deducting money from the tagged ones as they have a contract where these people agreed to pay and pay and pay.......

tagged guys could of course let their account run dry or cancel their e-tags - if people get away without paying, I'm expecting this to start happening

Offline PierreO

« Reply #129 on: January 21, 2014, 10:23:23 am »

tagged guys could of course let their account run dry or cancel their e-tags - if people get away without paying, I'm expecting this to start happening

Only problem with these turkeys are that they have signed an agreemunt with Scamral !!!!

Offline Chukudeer

« Reply #130 on: January 21, 2014, 10:47:45 am »
Yep there in lies the problem for them. They have a contract and if they use the highway without paying Scamrail can really come down on them.
KTM 990R
Lisdectia rules ko

Offline Chukudeer

« Reply #131 on: January 21, 2014, 10:57:47 am »
Whoooo Hooooo, I got an e-toll account for my bike trailer  :imaposer: :imaposer:

Nothing else, seems like it has been towing it self around Gauteng.  :ricky:

Just got back from a Scamrail service centre, I tried to tell them that they are billing for my trailer and that it had to my best knowledge not even been on the highway. Eeee, sorry sa, to lodge a dispute you must register...... If you register you must agree to the their terms one being that if they reject your dispute for any reason you are responsible for all cost and have no further claim against them......ye right!

Suffice to say I have tried and it is now their problem to prove that I owe them any money. Good luck with that! 

Thing is, there was a que of about 20 people all with the same or similar complaints, all with the same reaction. Not one person was there to pay their accounts that I could see.  Everybody pissed with Scamrail.
KTM 990R
Lisdectia rules ko

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #132 on: January 21, 2014, 11:02:57 am »
Fuck them
:paw:

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key

Offline Ganjora

« Reply #133 on: January 21, 2014, 11:12:21 am »
Fuck them

was in Cresta at the weekend,  and had to walk past the toll-e office on the way to the post boxes.
made a very loud comment to my wife,  which everyone heard:  look at them babe,  queing up to pay their corruption at a 50% discount - bloody disgusting...
got some unpleasant looks,  but fuckem.

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #134 on: January 21, 2014, 11:13:38 am »
Fuck them

was in Cresta at the weekend,  and had to walk past the toll-e office on the way to the post boxes.
made a very loud comment to my wife,  which everyone heard:  look at them babe,  queing up to pay their corruption at a 50% discount - bloody disgusting...
got some unpleasant looks,  but fuckem.

Sheep!!
:paw:

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
« Reply #135 on: January 21, 2014, 11:14:30 am »
Fuck them

And all that "support" them
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline DeepBass9

• 2010 DL1000-'91 DR650 DAKAR
  • Bike: Suzuki DL 1000 V-Strom
    • www.dreamlodge.co.za
« Reply #136 on: January 21, 2014, 11:19:04 am »
So the current situation is about two thirds to three quarters of road users are not registered and are either not or reluctantly paying or querying and demanding paperwork. SANRAL on the other hand is carrying on as if it is business as usual, despite it being a rolling f*ck up. My question is, who is going to blink first and give up? What will be the straw that breaks the camels back, because the current situation can carry on indefinitely. 

Online Bundu

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #137 on: January 21, 2014, 11:25:00 am »
So the current situation is about two thirds to three quarters of road users are not registered and are either not or reluctantly paying or querying and demanding paperwork. SANRAL on the other hand is carrying on as if it is business as usual, despite it being a rolling f*ck up. My question is, who is going to blink first and give up? What will be the straw that breaks the camels back, because the current situation can carry on indefinitely. 

the magic moment will be when the 1st non-payers are summonsed and what then happens in court

Offline DeepBass9

• 2010 DL1000-'91 DR650 DAKAR
  • Bike: Suzuki DL 1000 V-Strom
    • www.dreamlodge.co.za
« Reply #138 on: January 21, 2014, 11:28:23 am »

the magic moment will be when the 1st non-payers are summonsed and what then happens in court

Probably right, I guess OUTA and JPSA will provide lawyers.

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Triumph (all models)
« Reply #139 on: January 21, 2014, 11:35:55 am »

Probably right, I guess OUTA and JPSA will provide lawyers.

at your cost naturally, mebbe that their angle....
Africa ain't for sissies hey.