Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: E-Toll Invoice  (Read 29164 times)

Offline DeepBass9

• 2010 DL1000-'91 DR650 DAKAR
  • Bike: Suzuki DL 1000 V-Strom
    • www.dreamlodge.co.za
Re: E-Toll Invoice
« Reply #140 on: January 21, 2014, 11:40:46 am »
So the current situation is about two thirds to three quarters of road users are not registered and are either not or reluctantly paying or querying and demanding paperwork. SANRAL on the other hand is carrying on as if it is business as usual, despite it being a rolling f*ck up. My question is, who is going to blink first and give up? What will be the straw that breaks the camels back, because the current situation can carry on indefinitely. 

the magic moment will be when the 1st non-payers are summonsed and what then happens in court

Probably right, I guess OUTA and JPSA will provide lawyers.

at your cost naturally, mebbe that their angle....

Blink.

Offline Sláinte Mhaith

« Reply #141 on: January 21, 2014, 12:00:24 pm »
So the current situation is about two thirds to three quarters of road users are not registered and are either not or reluctantly paying or querying and demanding paperwork. SANRAL on the other hand is carrying on as if it is business as usual, despite it being a rolling f*ck up. My question is, who is going to blink first and give up? What will be the straw that breaks the camels back, because the current situation can carry on indefinitely. 

Suppose it will carry on indefinitely.  Sanral will accept the money of those who pay, hand over the big outstanding accounts to collecting agencies and the rest will fall through the cracks.  Somewhere along the line they will sort out some of their problems which I hope does not happen.

But what can be done to stop them due to gross mismanagement?  Jhb City accounts have been running like that for ages and it is just the consumer that suffers.

Outa or the Courts can't tell Sanral "Hey your system is not working, shut it down"  They can just say "Hey you have to rectify your system". Or is there a way that Sanral can be stopped?

Offline paulb

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #142 on: January 21, 2014, 12:02:14 pm »
Begin heel bo met n .22  :thumleft:
Better to have it and not need it , than to need it and not have it

Offline DeepBass9

• 2010 DL1000-'91 DR650 DAKAR
  • Bike: Suzuki DL 1000 V-Strom
    • www.dreamlodge.co.za
« Reply #143 on: January 21, 2014, 12:06:52 pm »

Outa or the Courts can't tell Sanral "Hey your system is not working, shut it down"  They can just say "Hey you have to rectify your system". Or is there a way that Sanral can be stopped?

There is the constitutional angle of transparancy and cost effectiveness of a tax, but at the moment I don't see an end to this BS.

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #144 on: January 21, 2014, 12:08:19 pm »

Suppose it will carry on indefinitely.  Sanral will accept the money of those who pay, hand over the big outstanding accounts to collecting agencies and the rest will fall through the cracks.  Somewhere along the line they will sort out some of their problems which I hope does not happen.

But what can be done to stop them due to gross mismanagement?  Jhb City accounts have been running like that for ages and it is just the consumer that suffers.

the faults in the system, will just strengthen OUTAs case that it is an overly complex system that could have been achieved easily with a fuel levy

I think the only reason to stop Sanral, will be if it can be proven that sufficient public participation in the collection method was not sought - if one looks at the massive public outcry, that seems to be the case

Offline PierreO

« Reply #145 on: January 21, 2014, 12:13:35 pm »
Die dom bliksems wil nog meer geld steel , so ek gee nie 'n foek om wat Outa , DA of Sanral se nie , ek sal nie betaal nie . KLA .

Online Tommy Transalp

• Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
  • The Older I get... the Faster I WAS!
« Reply #146 on: January 21, 2014, 12:13:47 pm »
GPS -guided target-drones?? >:D They can watch their gantrys getting destroyed on their own cameras!
I live in my own world...
But it's ok... they know me there!
Honda XLV 650 Transalp
Honda CRF230
Royal Enfield 500 Classic

Offline Maddoglips

« Reply #147 on: January 21, 2014, 12:15:50 pm »
GPS -guided target-drones?? >:D They can watch their gantrys getting destroyed on their own cameras!

:imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

Offline Tr0jan

• Centurion(Werk) - Zeerust(Plaas)
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Kom grondpad, kom!
« Reply #148 on: January 21, 2014, 01:27:51 pm »
... because the current situation can carry on indefinitely. 

...Jhb City accounts have been running like that for ages and it is just the consumer that suffers.

There is not physically anything stopping you from driving on the highway, so yes, it could quite possibly continue for a long, long time! But ill still not pay out of principle.

City accounts are different, dont pay, water and electricity gets cut, so you shutup and obey. There are no booms on the highway...
KTM 990 - Wiff twee pype and loud A-F!

I'm not a hooligan, my throttle grip got stuck! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline jogi_c

« Reply #149 on: January 21, 2014, 04:17:10 pm »
OK, so yesterday I got a statement. Today I got the transaction breakdown and the invoice, plus a photo of one gantry.

So we are up to two letters with postage, plus 4 printed pages, and that is only for one day, 4 December.

If they are continuing to send me 2 letters and how many pages for each day I am starting a paper recycling business - Scamral will provide me with the raw material

;D

Offline Beebop

• Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #150 on: January 21, 2014, 04:37:38 pm »
I see the Midrand Sanrall offices were evacuated after and envelope containing a white powder was found.
The statement says that the premises were evacuated and power shut down, so the e-tolling system was
down for a short while...

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Sanral-confirms-evacuation-20140121

Offline Chukudeer

« Reply #151 on: January 21, 2014, 04:54:22 pm »
Most likely the cocaine that was ordered for tonight's brass party that somebody in the mail room opened by accident. The scammers must have gotten their first big kickback.......
KTM 990R
Gas Gas 300 now we cooking
Lisdectia rules ko

Online Tommy Transalp

• Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
  • The Older I get... the Faster I WAS!
« Reply #152 on: January 21, 2014, 05:10:44 pm »
Most likely the cocaine that was ordered for tonight's brass party that somebody in the mail room opened by accident. The scammers must have gotten their first big kickback.......
Nah!... just OMO powder to clean up their dirty deeds!......
I live in my own world...
But it's ok... they know me there!
Honda XLV 650 Transalp
Honda CRF230
Royal Enfield 500 Classic

Offline Herminator

• Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • Never Go Full Retard
« Reply #153 on: January 21, 2014, 06:02:32 pm »
Got my bill today

Which went directly into the bin.

Let the stalling begin
It catches my dreams when I ride it.

Offline trackSHUN

• Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • KLE500 + XT660R
« Reply #154 on: January 22, 2014, 08:15:17 am »
OK, so yesterday I got a statement. Today I got the transaction breakdown and the invoice, plus a photo of one gantry.

So we are up to two letters with postage, plus 4 printed pages, and that is only for one day, 4 December.

If they are continuing to send me 2 letters and how many pages for each day I am starting a paper recycling business - Scamral will provide me with the raw material

;D

To date, for the period 03-07 Dec 2013 I have received 8 copies [3 pages each] of Transaction Report & Invoice for 2 vehicles, and 8 copies of Statement of Account for these 2 Invoices... !!!

This is 24 individual letters of 3 pages each + envelope + postage, in order to recover the princely sum of R11.90 and R40 odd [discounted amounts].

The logic and sustainability of this does not make sense ... ??
Mondi recycling will be the only business making a profit fron the SCAMROL e-toll debacle   ::)

Offline Rooikat

• Bike: Honda XR500
  • Honda XL500S
« Reply #155 on: January 22, 2014, 08:25:10 am »

When enough of us don't register and/or don't pay, the collection system will fail to deliver enough cash to pay off their debts - plus, they have to pay ETC (Kapsch) to run the system. It's just not sustainable!

DON'T get an e-tag!
Or, at least, for those who have been bullied into it, respond ONLY when you get an invoice, then query the substance of the account.  The idiots who run the system can't cope. The collection system is failing!
"The only reason for cleaning things is if you want to mount, frame and hang them in your living room" - The famous CJC

"The older I get, the better I was."

"I don't care a f*** what it looks like, as long as it works" - The famous CJC

Offline DRAZIL

• Alpha et Omega
« Reply #156 on: January 22, 2014, 09:42:33 am »
soon the scumrail staff will go on strike for pay increases and their reason will be "eissch,the paper work it is too much"
 ::)
“You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.”
Charles Manson

Offline Kneeslider

• Bike: AJS (all models)
    • Classic Cycle Cabin
« Reply #157 on: January 23, 2014, 12:47:08 pm »
The SA National Roads Agency (Sanral) must fix its billing mess before demanding payment for the use of e-tolled roads in Gauteng.

Consumer watchdog the National Consumer Commission said that, though Sanral had the right to demand payment from motorists for using e-tolled roads, its billing should be accurate and conform to good business practice.

The commission's head, Ebrahim Mohamed, yesterday said Sanral demanding payment without giving users the chance to query bills was "not proper practice''.

The onus was on Sanral to prove that a motorist had travelled on a specific road at a specific time, he said.

"The demand for payment, however it is communicated, has to be correct and accurate. It is incumbent on Sanral to prove to any consumer who raises a query that the road was used on a specific date, by a specific vehicle, and that the charge is based on set tariffs."

Sanral has come under fire for using "unlawful and extortionist tactics" to try to force frustrated motorists to pay "exorbitant" e-tolling bills.

With outrage mounting over "threatening" SMSes and e-mails, and incorrect billing, several bodies have urged motorists to complain to the National Consumer Commission.

Motorists have been receiving text messages from Sanral demanding payment. But they lack detail and proof of authenticity.

Motorists without e-tags have been shocked to learn that, if they did not pay Sanral within seven days of passing under a gantry, a triple toll is levied.

Mohamed disapproved of Sanral's response to queries from the public.

"The commission is of the view that it is not proper practice for consumers to be told to pay now and query later.

"If this is the case, it is a matter that consumers need to take up with Sanral's management."

Mohamed urged motorists to try to resolve their problems with Sanral first and if that had failed to approach the commission.

Some motorists have turned to public protector Thuli Madonsela for help.

Yesterday DA national spokesman and Gauteng premiership candidate Mmusi Maimane said the party had received over 300 complaints about Sanral's billing system.

"The most common complaints are about people not receiving invoices, incorrect amounts for travel and bills going to people who have not travelled recently.

"It is clear that Sanral's billing system is not working," said Maimane.

Maimane said his party would fight e-tolling "at every turn".

http://www.timeslive.co.za/thetimes/2014/01/23/sanral-must-fix-billing

Offline Rooikat

• Bike: Honda XR500
  • Honda XL500S
« Reply #158 on: January 25, 2014, 08:35:07 am »
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!     My first invoice!

Let's see how much trouble they're willing to take in order to get money out of me!
"The only reason for cleaning things is if you want to mount, frame and hang them in your living room" - The famous CJC

"The older I get, the better I was."

"I don't care a f*** what it looks like, as long as it works" - The famous CJC

Offline Tonteldoos

• Bike: Honda XL1000V Varadero
« Reply #159 on: January 25, 2014, 09:17:52 am »
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!     My first invoice!

Let's see how much trouble they're willing to take in order to get money out of me!
They are also very prescriptive in the way they want us to pay...
    Now I don't want to register for the "service" therefore I cannot pay...
    Do they really expect us to drive to a service center to "pay" for "services" rendered..
    Cash is a legal currency so If they don't want to accept it then its their problem
Challenge = Innovation = Change