Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: The B@STARDS tried to steal my bike - AGAIN!!!  (Read 1136 times)

Offline Lootch67

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
The B@STARDS tried to steal my bike - AGAIN!!!
« on: May 31, 2006, 10:29:58 am »
Went to bed at 00:30 last night. About 01:45 something woke me up but I couldn't figure out what it was. The wife's not snoring, baby's not crying, there's a beeping noise which doesn't sound like the fire a... OMG my bike!! Jumped out of bed, looked out the window and saw that my bike was already out of sight. Grabbed a pair of shorts, shouted at the wife to call the police and ran down the stairs, slipped on the 5th one from the bottom, smashed part of the railing and slightly sprained my ankle. Grabbed the pepper spray (It's illegal in the UK, but so's stealing someones bike I would hope) and ran outside. Bloody hell it's freezing when you're only wearing shorts! Saw that my bike was lying on it's side, about 20 yards from my drive but couldn't see anyone else. Thought for a moment to go chasing into some dark alleys and beat the cr@p out of anyone who crossed my path but fortunately extreme cold temperatures works wonders in diluting adrenaline.

So I went back to the house and got dressed proper. Thought about leaving the bike lying on it's side so as not to ruin any evidence but it was leaking petrol so I thought I'd better pick it up at least. Tried that techniqu I posted the other day and it actually works pretty well. Around 2:10 a cop car drives past but doesn't stop. Eventually I get a call from the cops around 2:45 saying that they could either come right now to take my statement or later today. Since I was still high on adrenaline I told them to come straight away. Since my house is a 6 minute walk from the cop shop I figured I should be in bed by 3:30. They eventually arrived at 3:45 and to be fair they both looked shattered. Apparently it has been a busy night. So back in bed by 4:30 but couldn't sleep until right before I had to get up. Aarrggghhhh!!!

Damage:

1 chain busted (to be honest it's a rubbish chain anyway)

1 Hand guard busted (Fortunately these only cost about √?¬£12 and they worked even if it's just the once!)

Ignition completely stuffed. I can't get my key in to see if the steering lock has been broken too.

Fortunately my Motod crash bars took the impact of being dumped on the pavement, only suffering a couple of scratches. If you don't have crash bars get them now! If you're not going to drop the bike someone else will probably do it for you.

At least I still got the bike, but I'm definitely getting the biggest mother of a f... off chain I can lay my hands on.
98 Black AT & the wheel from a 04 KLR 650.

Offline JourneyMan

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • Pretoria
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 10:38:48 am »
Ag nee man! :x  Was'nt the ignition stuffed last time as well?

Bastids!

Glad all OK except your ankle!
He who angers you, controls you.

Offline Grootseun

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 10:40:19 am »
Glad you still have ya baby...Lootch....Im sure htis is becoming quite irritating at this stage....bloody feckers....if you find them send them to SA.. we will deliver them to lesotho for the Rock Treatment√?¬©

shark_za

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 10:42:10 am »
Bastards!

I heard my little silent alarm going this morning, the sensor that covers my bike.
And the armed response guy got a face full of Glock .40 cal and his eyes tested with 120 lumens of surefire torch.

Turns out the power had tripped in my house, and he came to investigate.

At least you still have your bike, but damn off street parking is a perk in Ingerland.

Uncle Bob

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 10:45:31 am »
Sulke F^*##@@! B&(*&^ D&$%^%$ WETTERS.

Hope they get it now - they can't boef it so they should leave you're bike the F&%@ allone.

Sorry boet, at least you still got the bike, hope the cost of repair isn't too high.

Offline Lootch67

• Race Dog
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 10:45:33 am »
Last time the mainly broke the cap off which keeps the water out. This time they shoved something major in there to force the lock.

I love that Lesotho suggestion. One problem though - who going to pay their air fare. Wait a minute, my friend's dad into cargo. I could probably get him to lower his price by at least 50% if we simply tie the b@stards to the ship and pull them along. Dyam this sort of thing makes me SO angry.

Offline LiveInTheOutdoors

• Race Dog
    • http://tigerr.smugmug.com
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 11:00:29 am »
Sorry Lootch

Man that sucks. You must be so pissed.

Having HAD my bike stolen, I know the feeling. And it aint pretty.

I keep seeing mashed skulls and broken jaw bones...

FEKKERS
very minute is a chance to turn it all around - Vanilla Sky

>Mav... started gym. Officially at 95kg....<

Offline Lootch67

• Race Dog
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006, 12:28:41 pm »
Just had the "Scene of Crime" (Socs?) around who tried to get some fingerprints off the bike. Unfortunately they couldn't find a single usable one. At least they tried! Every time my car got broken into in SA he police would ask me if I wanted them to investigate. No, I was just feeling lonely that's why I called you! :twisted:

Interestingly enough (for me anyway) is that the first link they tried to cut wouldn't give. They tried three times. Still getting a bigger chain.

Offline LuckyStriker

• Stealthy Camper
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
  • Bellville Rock City
    • LuckyStriker's Blog
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2006, 12:31:33 pm »
Those bastards!

sorry Lootch... I hope you get the security sorted. Maybe we can send up one of our gardjies (car guards) to watch over your bike in the evenings. You will have to tip every time you pass him though...

glad you still got your bike

Kev

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2006, 12:34:58 pm »
Bliksem! Someone REALLY wants your bike. I wonder if it was the same characters as last time? Cant we invent some handguards that have a trap mechanism... like a snare that pully up very tight. Then you can really catch the buggers red (blood from snare!  :twisted: )  handed!

Offline Lootch67

• Race Dog
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2006, 12:52:20 pm »
Kev, I doubt whether it's the same individuals as the previous time was at work which is in central London and I live on the outskirts of town. I've been racking my brain to come up with a legal way of killing the b@stards if they so much as look at my bike, but like I said even pepper spray is illegal in this country.

LS, never thought I'd miss those "gardjies". Maybe I should mount a camera which is motion activated. At least I'll get some footage.

Offline Maverick

• Slacker Extraordinaire
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R100GS / Kalahari
  • Some multi-task. I multi-slack.
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2006, 02:02:22 pm »
Hey boet having had two bikes stolen and recovered in London think the best we can do is wash it, park it on the pavement with the keys in and I will bring that box of Stella's I bought over the weekend and we wait......we wait......and if we see one little f&cker touch your bike we give him "the rock treatment √?¬©" :D

If you don't get sorted with a chain today will pop over my heavy duty one tonight after work with some beer :wink:
Maverick Disclaimer: This thread is intended for the use of the individual(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this thread is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas.

Offline Kaboef

• Jedi Knight
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
    • CFO Consult SA
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2006, 03:06:36 pm »
See!
AT's are such collector items, people steal them. :P
Bet you it was probably a BMW rider that tried to nick your boney. :D  :D
And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy."

www.cfoconsult.co.za

Offline Lootch67

• Race Dog
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2006, 03:23:28 pm »
Quote from: "Kaboef"
AT's are such collector items, people steal them.

Well, this is the third time someone has tried to nick the bike since I bought it in September last year so you're probably right.