After some inspiration.. race ons Weskus-style...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weskus

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Ok, so after some inspiration from guys like Brett (Buff) and others I'm thinking of doing the WC Off-road series during 2014... I've done a few funrides and local off-road races in the past(10-12 years back) with the old-timers (2 stroke PE's / IT's) and always enjoyed it but unfortunately my tools were....let's just say in a way k@kker condition than the rest of the field. When I eventually thought about spending money on a bike it was on a Dual Sport because of the wider range of uses and to justify the cost. Now I'm 34 and thinking of doing it again for a year and compete with myself.. so what happened the last few months??

1. I bought a KDX200 as this kind of bike is suppose to be cheap (Ja I know the bike has it capabilities but I think I will reach mine before that) and I can do the maintenance myself (and a little help from DUX :thumleft:)

2. I then bought an old trailer and changed/modified it a little to suite my needs and run level behind a higher than standard bakkie without the drop-plate. (We now have a Wilddog trailer - Upper Westcoast and a few shareholders :thumleft:) It takes 2 plastics easy and a bigger DS like the 990 as well.

3. Did a few rides around and then the Eendekuil funride, and also the WCOC Veldrift race and enjoyed it very much.

4. Only thing is, my harvest season is from end of January to end of April and during that time I will not be able to attend the races..

What do the WC (or for that matter everyone else) guys think about this, I don't want to spend a fortune on a better bike, just want to compete and see what to do after a year maybe?? See attached photos of my tools for now....what's your thoughts??

Attachments

• Wilddog 008 - Copy.JPG
    Wilddog 008 - Copy.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 915
  • Wilddog 014 - Copy.JPG
    Wilddog 014 - Copy.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 911