What do you think of our bike admission policy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shutter_Eye

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
I'm not sure whether this is the right place to post this, but what the hell...

So we've struggled like mad in the past to find a way of accommodating bikers on our nature reserve (Witsand Kalahari Nature Reserve, Northern Cape) but at the same time keeping the @#$^% hooligans out.

Or admission policy is basically that we allow
A) Street-legal, 4 stroke bikes only.
B) No quads, scramblers and k@k like that. :patch:
C) Bikes that comply with the other rules (mainly the noise factor)

How it's written out is "Street-legal motorcycles only"
Obviously we have the right of admission reserved, so occasionally have to chase idiots out, even though they arrive on adventure bikes.

We'd like to allow adventure bikes on our reserve, but how on earth do we keep people happy AND keep the riff-raff out?

I can fully understand why so many reserves go the simple route and ban all bikes of all descriptions, but it's a shame to exclude all the people who are decent and responsible riders.

I could rant about bikes in nature reserves for days, so I'll shut up now. :biggrin: :peepwall:

Do you agree with our policy of an "adventure bikes only" kinda thing and what are your thoughts? (I'll appreciate the feedback as this is a always a headache to deal with.)