TE 310 petrol tank leaks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph (all models)
I bought a TE 310 in October and I am really happy with it as a track bike and a light dual purpose bike. Initially when riding off road it was fine but when I started jumping it at the track the petrol tank started leaking around the fuel pump plate where the wiring and pipes to the fuel pump go. It seemed that one of the self-tapping screws was stripped (why the hell did they not put in proper threaded bits like for the shrouds???) so I put in one size larger screws. This worked for a while but then it started leaking again. The tank was replaced without question by ATV Nelspruit but 3 rides later it was leaking again.
I was told that this is a problem they are having with some of the South African bikes but Google reveals that this is a problem in the States as well. I have been told that as soon as busness opens after Christmas that they will check to see if I can get another replacement (don't know what the difference will be).
One thing I noticed is that when the front of the tank is tightened down and I pressed down on the back like the seat does, that the tank flexed slightly which could deform the bottom. So I have sealed around the pump plate and put a 6mm additional rubber washer under the front mount so the tank does not rock. Two good days and the track and no leaking so far - but time will tell.

Very tempted to buy a Safari 16 litre tank as sometimes the distances in Moz require carrying extra fuel.

First Husky I have owned and I am really enjoying it.