Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: WFO anyone?  (Read 1126 times)

Offline wolf skaap

WFO anyone?
« on: December 27, 2013, 12:43:01 pm »
Hi there,

I am afraid that the open GOC off road races will kill me and I'm therefore strongly considering the WFO series for 2014 (at least a couple races)

Have any of you experience regarding the WFO races? Costs etc.?

*edit* I found the entry fees: "Regional Entry is R 400, Clubman is R 350 & Novice Clubman is R 300"  What else is needed? Racing license maybe?

Thanks!
Nice:  :drif:

Will have to add a 250 2T to the stable though!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 12:58:32 pm by wolf skaap »
Let the good times roll!

Online edgy

Re: WFO anyone?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 02:08:38 pm »
Looks like whitewater rafting! :imaposer:
www.astonesthrow.co.za

BEER..."I drink it when I`m happy or when I`m sad. I drink it when I`m alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. Trifle with it if I`m not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise, I never touch it - unless I`m thirsty"

Offline Motties

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1090 Adventure R
  • Was Darksider
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 04:08:12 pm »
Pity no Rudamans series this year.

Ja, too many bikes in the GOC now, too much dust and the nice sandy races are 60kms of whoops from lap 2. Mates and I are thinking of doing the Northern Regions regional off roads. Vryburg and surrounds are nice semi desert racing and only a few bikes in comparion. Two of my mates did the 2013 season and enjoyed thoroughly. Also coming from GOC (I think 2 events are shared though)

Wil definately check that out.
'16 KTM 300 XCW

Offline Milla

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Enduro
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 09:54:19 pm »
Darksider, actually the Rudaman's series is still going on. Rudaman's name changed to 'Lowveld Enduro Club'. First race will be held 25 January near Badplaas.. :thumleft:

Offline Motties

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1090 Adventure R
  • Was Darksider
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 11:06:15 pm »
Darksider, actually the Rudaman's series is still going on. Rudaman's name changed to 'Lowveld Enduro Club'. First race will be held 25 January near Badplaas.. :thumleft:
O, OK. Thought they said they were taking a break fom organising and running races next year. That's cool then.
'16 KTM 300 XCW

Offline Malcolm

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 12:36:40 pm »
I have done a number of WFO's.  They are well organised technical races.  The fast guys still somehow go fast, the rest of us just survive.  Some of them are harder than others, eg Baynesfield is normally nasty.  If you get that Natal drizzle going in the lead up the races they can become very difficult.  But always fun.  If you are coming from JHB be prepared, they don't do flat riding....
950SE     KTM 500 EXC      KTM250 XCW

Offline Milla

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Enduro
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 01:13:24 pm »
So doing the WFO's should be good training for the Roof?

Offline wolf skaap

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 02:38:45 pm »
I have done a number of WFO's.  They are well organised technical races.  The fast guys still somehow go fast, the rest of us just survive.  Some of them are harder than others, eg Baynesfield is normally nasty.  If you get that Natal drizzle going in the lead up the races they can become very difficult.  But always fun.  If you are coming from JHB be prepared, they don't do flat riding....
Thanks,
Yes thats pretty much how I understand the scene.

What bike did you use?

Nevermind; see you have a ktm200  :thumleft:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 02:43:08 pm by wolf skaap »
Let the good times roll!

Offline Malcolm

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 10:36:46 am »
WFO's are very good training for the roof.  They also reward those that ride with their head still switched on.  Ie race face is not always an advantage..  If you are still unsure one big advantage with the WFO format is that the laps are not too long.  Generally between 30-40km  so if you find yourself a bit out of your depth with the technical nature you can use the time to slowly complete one lap.  They are well marshalled and they will give you a hand if you really need it.

Smaller the better, hence the 200 :biggrin:
950SE     KTM 500 EXC      KTM250 XCW