Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: e-toll billing: So what are you going to do?  (Read 15923 times)

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Kawasaki Versys
Re: e-toll billing: So what are you going to do?
« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2014, 02:12:15 pm »
ICM, you need to realise we are exactly doing something by not doing anything. Its all we have to do, dont get etagged make it as difficult for them as possible to get money out of us.

Thats all. No protests, no mass rides, no letters, nothing. Just legal non compliance.

Everyone understands and agree with this approach. Why do you not seem to choose to understand this?

And.... Why get etagged if you dont intend to use the freeways? (I cant seem to get an answer for this. Something wrong?)

Seriously. Its not about burning and breaking things. Or about mass civil unrest. Its about legal non compliance. Simple as that - doing nothing will achieve a lot. Please try to understand this.

doing nothing is not very revolutionary....

I am beginning to debate with myself whether to opt out of the etag thing to be honest...... expediency was the reason to get one I guess.

I think history will show that passive resistance in Africa does not work....the majority will silently just go with the flow which is dictated to by the leaders....

question is what we want out of it.  We dont want a revolution - we want to pay for things like in this case road improvements in fair, efficient and non corrupt ways.  By firstly utilizing the fiscal, if not (reluctantly) the fuel levy - but first prize, less corruption will lead to more fiscal

we agree, but then vote the corrupt useless bunch out of power, this is after all a democracy and one you often pronounce as such. So lets vote em out ...simple

Ok, now we all know this is not going to happen in the short term.  Its something we need to aspire too, but its a fight on another front.  In the absence of this option, the only alternative is to legally make the system not workable.  This does not mean we are not going to pay for the improvements.  Obviously we must pay, but there are better, much for efficient ways like the fuel levy to use as payment vehicle.  Personally I don't like building these kind of costs into the fuel levy, because it has a devastating long term effect on inflation.  But in this case the effect will be less than charging the transport industry for etolls at a 60% inflated price to cater for tolling, billing and admin.  So its the lessor evil I suppose.

so you saying we fucked .....if we cannot vote out this govt then essentially we fucked....you packing for PErth yet? hope jebus comes soon.

no one is arguing that there are better ways to pay for this. not sure adding to the fuel levy is better though.

What happened to the Kilroy that quoted things like "by any means" and condoned the use of violence and the like.....  :pot:

there is only 1 way that is GUARANTEED at this point to cause the etolls to fail in Gauteng ..and that is don't use the roads....every other method at this point is not guaranteed....
Swim.Bike.Run.Eat.Sleep

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2014, 02:14:47 pm »
ag vok I just read that zuma recons the ANC will rule forever an ever....we fucked, not even jebus can help us now
Swim.Bike.Run.Eat.Sleep

Offline KiLRoy

• A serious man...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • You said it, man. Nobody fucks with Jesus Quintana
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2014, 02:16:59 pm »
Just read dude - lees en presteer.

We're not going to vote out the ANC in the short term.  Need a short term plan that can work.  as for violence - bomb em when they take away your human rights, not Big Corn Bites or even Electric Lights

Offline Koet

• T-Rex 700N "The Beast"!
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • Splash!
« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2014, 02:18:27 pm »
so you saying we fucked .....if we cannot vote out this govt then essentially we fucked....you packing for PErth yet? hope jebus comes soon.

no one is arguing that there are better ways to pay for this. not sure adding to the fuel levy is better though.

What happened to the Kilroy that quoted things like "by any means" and condoned the use of violence and the like.....  :pot:

there is only 1 way that is GUARANTEED at this point to cause the etolls to fail in Gauteng ..and that is don't use the roads....every other method at this point is not guaranteed....

I agree this is really the only guaranteed way to shut this down.  But because not everybody will completely stop to use the highways, we need to do tackle this from as many angles as we possibly can.
Only Bikers understand why dogs love to stick their heads out car windows.

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2014, 02:19:24 pm »

We're not going to vote out the ANC in the short term.  Need a short term plan that can work.  as for violence - bomb em when they take away your human rights, not Big Corn Bites or even Electric Lights

Some say the restriction on our movement is taking away our human rights.... and are fighting it from that angle

zuma says never....not even long term

« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 02:19:51 pm by IceCreamMan »
Swim.Bike.Run.Eat.Sleep

Offline KiLRoy

• A serious man...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2014, 02:24:34 pm »

We're not going to vote out the ANC in the short term.  Need a short term plan that can work.  as for violence - bomb em when they take away your human rights, not Big Corn Bites or even Electric Lights

Some say the restriction on our movement is taking away our human rights.... and are fighting it from that angle

then those can go and do the bombing - preferably suicide bombing in remote areas.  For if you think your human rights are gone in this country, you are downright mad

not using the roads is unfortunately not a practical, viable solution.  the second best one is to make payment near impossible?  This fair?

Offline XT JOE

« Reply #86 on: January 09, 2014, 04:37:47 pm »

Obviously we must pay, but there are better, much for efficient ways like the fuel levy to use as payment vehicle.  Personally I don't like building these kind of costs into the fuel levy, because it has a devastating long term effect on inflation.  But in this case the effect will be less than charging the transport industry for etolls at a 60% inflated price to cater for tolling, billing and admin.  So its the lessor evil I suppose.

+1

this is what its all about, the levy in fuel for maintenance & RA fund is wasted, now we need more bucks to finance whatever but oops first we gotto  pay the Austrians who is calling in on the cash in your bank account in exchange for organise goverment tender deal. This thing is going to go south like no tomorow and then go quiet like the arms deal
BEER IS PROOF GOD LOVES US.

Offline Rooikat

• Bike: Honda XR500
  • Honda XL500S
« Reply #87 on: January 09, 2014, 04:42:07 pm »

then those can go and do the bombing - preferably suicide bombing in remote areas.  For if you think your human rights are gone in this country, you are downright mad

not using the roads is unfortunately not a practical, viable solution.  the second best one is to make payment near impossible?  This fair?

Why is this such a difficult concept for road users to understand? Seems that a lack of logic isn't the prerogative of just Scumral...........

"The only reason for cleaning things is if you want to mount, frame and hang them in your living room" - The famous CJC

"The older I get, the better I was."

"I don't care a f*** what it looks like, as long as it works" - The famous CJC

Offline KiLRoy

• A serious man...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #88 on: January 09, 2014, 10:10:56 pm »
Hardheadedness...   Jy se nie vir my nie....attitude

Afrikaans = domastrant

If I admit it, i lose the argument. AND i'm never wrong...  So rather say fuck Tony Blair and deny any sense of logic in a confrontational sarcastic arrogant manner. Thats mos how we beat a common enemy....not

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #89 on: January 09, 2014, 10:25:04 pm »
I'm starting to consider an alternative strategy: Ignore ALL Sanral communication and wait for a summons - then ask for proof in court - any lawyers that can advise?  :sip: (RobC smily  ;) )
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 10:25:51 pm by Bundu »

Offline KiLRoy

• A serious man...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #90 on: January 09, 2014, 10:26:34 pm »
I like that :thumleft:

Offline Tommy Transalp

• Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
  • The Older I get... the Faster I WAS!
« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2014, 06:41:39 am »
I'll also wait for the summons...... chances are that the whole issue won't be there by that time! What with the Apathy that our authorities treat most issues, it will all go quiet like the National Health Insurance that was "imminent" about 8 or 9 months ago.
I live in my own world...
But it's ok... they know me there!
Honda XLV 650 Transalp
Honda CRF230
Royal Enfield 500 Classic

Offline Nutcracker

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2014, 07:26:48 am »
We really need to start trending #ignoreSanral, don't reply to their sms's, emails, phone calls and the lot, we must not give them anything to work with, they must not beable to phish for any of our information
No words of wisdom, No thought of the day,  No nothing
2011 Bmw R1200 GSA
2019 Bmw R1250 GSA

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #93 on: January 10, 2014, 07:30:36 am »
I dont think they will allow it to "go away" too easilly tho , remember , their objective is to steal alll your money and possesions , but ja. Resist we must
Locusts are a disgusting thing
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #94 on: January 10, 2014, 07:52:18 am »

then those can go and do the bombing - preferably suicide bombing in remote areas.  For if you think your human rights are gone in this country, you are downright mad

not using the roads is unfortunately not a practical, viable solution.  the second best one is to make payment near impossible?  This fair?

Why is this such a difficult concept for road users to understand? Seems that a lack of logic isn't the prerogative of just Scumral...........

Why go for second best...no no no ...strive for the best
Swim.Bike.Run.Eat.Sleep

Offline Rooikat

• Bike: Honda XR500
  • Honda XL500S
« Reply #95 on: January 10, 2014, 08:04:42 am »
Second best still infinitely better than chickening out!
"The only reason for cleaning things is if you want to mount, frame and hang them in your living room" - The famous CJC

"The older I get, the better I was."

"I don't care a f*** what it looks like, as long as it works" - The famous CJC

Offline trackSHUN

• Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • KLE500 + XT660R
« Reply #96 on: January 10, 2014, 08:27:46 am »
When I got a threatening SMS from the VPC some time back, I [naturally ignored it and did not respond/call, and then] got to thinking a bit about the invoice issue.

So my understanding is that in the absence of voluntary payment within 7 days of passing under a gantry [call it Pass #1], SANRAL is obliged to issue me with an invoice per normal snail-mail to my e-Natis-registered address within 32 days thereafter. So I should receive invoice for the gantry "transaction" by the latest 39 days after the Pass #1 event .... all good & well [still waiting incidentally ......].

Now assume the next day I again pass under a gantry [call it Pass #2], again with no voluntary payment within 7 days.
SANRAL is again obliged to issue me with an invoice per normal snail-mail to my e-Natis-registered address within 32 days, ie day 39+1.
If I continue this daily transaction for a week, SANRAL now have to issue 7 invoices, each with it's own set of "issue by" and "pay by" dates .............. am I correct, or have I grossly misunderstood the provisions and requirements of the Act???

Day 1    -    Pass #1    -    No Pay
Day 2    -    Pass #2    -    No Pay
Day 3    -    Pass #3    -    No Pay
Day 8      -    Pass #8      -    No Pay   -   Invoice for Pass #1 to be issued
Day 9      -    Pass #9      -    No Pay   -   Invoice for Pass #1 + #2 to be issued
Day 10    -    Pass #10    -    No Pay   -   Invoice for Pass #1, #2 + #3 to be issued
Day 39    -    Pass #39    -    No Pay   -   Invoice for Pass #1 is now due
Day 40    -    Pass #40    -    No Pay   -   Invoice for Pass #1 + #2 is now due
Day 41    -    Pass #41    -    No Pay   -   Invoice for Pass #1, #2 + #3 is now due

Add to this scenario the additional administrative burden of tracking Invoice settlements / payments [for both SANRAL & User], and you have a totally incomprehensible admin nightmare that will very quickly become unmanageable.
Perhaps SANRAL intend [for both themselves and the Customers sakes] to batch the transactions on a weekly basis? In my mind, this would merely prolong the inevitable collapse of this dinosaur admin monster that SANRAL have created.

Sit vas and wait for the invoices, guys ....   :ricky:

Offline KiLRoy

• A serious man...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2014, 09:10:44 am »

Why go for second best...no no no ...strive for the best

Because although I wanted to marry Cameron Diaz, I had to settle for Carol Adonis.  Dont play stupid.  Doesnt work for you  ;) (back handed complement ;))

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2014, 12:20:59 pm »
 :lol8:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/m_pLE_Rogfc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/m_pLE_Rogfc</a>

Offline DeepBass9

• 2010 DL1000-'91 DR650 DAKAR
  • Bike: Suzuki DL 1000 V-Strom
    • www.dreamlodge.co.za