Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Etags who has them, who doesn't and who actually pays  (Read 2860 times)

Offline Goose

• NAPIER Country life is great!
  • Shop Mods
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
Re: Etags who has them, who doesn't and who actually pays
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2014, 11:08:48 am »
It's time companies also stand up against this e-tolling.  Why is it that only the public should fight it?  This should be fought by public and business together.

This is my point as well.

Business leaders need to realise they live in this country as well and have a moral responsibility to contribute towards making the government accountable for its actions.  If one large corporation tells the government to take a hike it has a much larger effect than the CEO saying the same thing in his personal capacity!

Falling over them selves to comply with laws, while saying that they dont agree with them just because they dont want to piss the government is morally indefinsible IMO!

Spot on, business in SA have a history of bending backwards for government while farking their clients.  Business (especially big business) must grow some balls.

absolutely - growing balls however would take a long time.......... most have become wimpering puppies........

The issue to me still is that the Gov must realise THEY are not gods............  aren't they supposed to govern the country FOR the people.......... so if the PEOPLE say no - especially in such a massively opposed issue - they should listen?

I was nearly thrown out of the Head of Waterworks in Cape Town, the manager would not resolve a problem for me - and he asked me to leave his office - I told him in no uncertain terms, that he works for me - I pay his salary and he's a Civil Servant with emphasis on SERVANT.... the oke went ballistic and told me that he works for the Council who pays his salary (did not get it did he..?) and then to my surprise told me if I won't leave - he would... and he did  :imaposer:
"Life is a Waste of Time..... Time is a Waste of Life........ Get Wasted all the Time and have the Time of your Life"  ()

Online Vintage_Mania

« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2014, 11:13:22 am »
To say that they are morally obliged to get tagged is the same as saying it was a moral obligation to support aparthied

Yes. That is exactly the same thing.  :imaposer:

Happy to enlighten you
Another example would be to say you support abortion , but not the death penalty for violent crimms

Not sure what crimms are, but I can see the debate has run it's course. Apples being substituted with oranges I'm afraid.

People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day. And doing nothing often leads to the very best kind of something.

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2014, 11:20:28 am »
Criminals

Its all about moral compass stuff
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline Mother

• ...anything with an engine an 2wheels